• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

how does it work?
I got this from another message board, so I can't 100% confirm, but it seems plausible.

"There's an uncommon reward, presumably for crafting the Summer Adventure badge, whereby you can earn either a "1,000 Point Boost" token or a "Steal 1,000 Points" token.
The Boost will obviously give your team an extra 1k points, while the Steal takes 1k points away from another team (I don't know if it's random or you choose)."

gogosox82

Whatever happened to that XCOM FPS game we all saw that one E3? Sort of looked like a Bioshock rip especially the shotgun model, was being developed by 2K Marin. Guess that became The Bureau, or is it now vaporware?

Yeah, the game basically turned into The Bureau.

mrgone

ATTN: Do not vote for the pack with Orion: Dino Horde, the developer behind it is a scumbag and a scammer and does not deserve any sale.

Also Bulletstorm - I love that game, but Epic's just letting it die with GFWL. True scummery. Avoid until they realize the folly of their scummy ways.

P0t1xGX.png

lmao

I was considering voting for that due to Call of Juarez Gunslinger, but the presence of Orion Dino Horde offsets all of the good will that Gunslinger brings.

Kanokare

Hm on the verge of Agarest Zero. I haven't played my PC copy of Agarest 1 yet but I've beaten it multiple times on console. Yet I should complete A1 before thinking of AZ. Gaben save me.

oipic

They're practically giving away ETS2 at $3.75.

Still in active development, and being improved all the time (the next patch introduces highly-detailed seat adjustment!) - big new Nordic expansion on the way in the coming months as well.

It is an awesome button game, but it is also an animu simulator, so get ready to either skip shit or spend 50% of the time watching a show.

This sounds like it could be amazing or the worst thing ever. I liked Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and Gurren Lagann but was never really into Dragon Ball, which Naruto sort of looks like to me. Whatever, the DB games I played on the PS2 were stupid fun. I hope this will be too.

1/2 underrated fps 1/2 crap

I liked Rage :(

They're practically giving away ETS2 at $3.75.

Still in active development, and being improved all the time (the next patch introduces highly-detailed seat adjustment!) - big new Nordic expansion on the way in the coming months as well.
So it's actually a good game in a non-ironic sense? I always thought it was a joke game like Bad Rats.

DarkFlow

Banned
You would think people would figure out by now that it's not a race to the bottom with these cards. If everyone just sat on the same price, they would sell. Instead you have idiots trying to undercut each other for no good reason.

mrgone

Apparently they did. Seems like they put it back up, maybe they're going to remove GFWL?

I think it's more that MS has pushed back the destruction of GFWL. A few GFWL games have come back since being removed, like Bulletstorm and The Club. Hopefully it means there are unannounced plans to fix some of those games instead of just capitalizing on a timely delay and a big sale, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Jopie

I was considering voting for that due to Call of Juarez Gunslinger, but the presence of Orion Dino Horde offsets all of the good will that Gunslinger brings.

Yeah, Orion is really, really bad. I have been trying to find a good dinosaur game for about a year. Primal Carnage is ok, dino d day is pretty bad, and Orion is just the worst.

mclem

So, in the vast array of DLC for Agarest, is there any that's actual game content rather than unlocks or free items?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What is the difference between Agarest and Agarest Zero?

So it's actually a good game in a non-ironic sense? I always thought it was a joke game like Bad Rats.
It's not a joke. It is a legitimately great game. Shockingly fun compared to expectations one gets from the concept.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh god. This steam sale is making me want to get Euro Simulator 2. Do I really want a game about driving a lorry around? It does have Manchester (where I grew up) and London (where I live now), so I suppose I could enjoy driving around greatly reduced versions of those.

ATTN: Do not vote for the pack with Orion: Dino Horde, the developer behind it is a scumbag and a scammer and does not deserve any sale.

i bought it last month when it was 0,99€ and it's ok, it's janky as fuck but the content is there

plus from what i've seen the dude updated his game like crazy for free since it came out if he was really he scammer he would've dashed with the money a long time ago
i also found this article which may or may not be legit, link was posted by the dev on steam forums :
http://artistryingames.com/spiraling-control-incredible-journey-spiral-game-studios/

also he said he's gonna update his game this summer for free :

All existing copies (new, old, gifted) will be automatically upgrading to the new ORION: Prelude this August.

Once evolved it will add the additional content (for free):

New User Interface
Full Gamepad Support / Steam Big Picture Mode
Remastered Maps
New models (Assault, Support, Recon)
Game Tutorial
Bots (Offline Play)
Spiral SDK / Steam Workshop (Community Maps)
Game Version 7.0 (massive update)
Improved Character & Dinosaur Animations
New Slaughter / PvP Map: ‘Combat Zone’
3 New Game Modes (Vital, CTF, Zeus)

the game is really cheap as fuck in pretty much every departement but there's some fun to be had especially if you laugh at jank like me

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So if you like offbeat, unique games with purposely terrible controls, oceanic life, strange family chores, and being a real human dad who is not an octopus, you guys should get Octodad: Dadliest Catch.

dad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom