• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

I bought the animu fighter even tho I have never seen the animu and am only passingly aware of what it is. Looks like a button/awesome kinda game.

It is an awesome button game, but it is also an animu simulator, so get ready to either skip shit or spend 50% of the time watching a show.

drgambit

Banned
The Dishonored and Skyrim DLC has never been more than half off, and I wouldn't expect this to change -- instead, as per history, Bethesda is more likely to discount the game + DLC bundles by a greater amount and leave the individual DLC items at half off.

Okay, I was fearing this... I will wait for legendary edition to hit %75 off then during another sale...

Yeah, Josh not updating the OP became something of a running gag (or point of contention, depending on your perspective) among those on CAG. I don't know if Amazon is planning a Summer Sale (thought it has held them in the past), but I can say that the sale at the end of May wasn't it.

Gog, Gamefly, gamersgate all did presteam summer sales, I don't think amazon will do the aggressive strategy of simultaneous summer sale with Josh. Tony pulled it but I don't think Josh can.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Someone stop me from buying the Naruto game - tell me its a terrible shoddy part and it still have jaggies just like on PS3....right ?

pahamrick

SOmeone stop me from buying the Naruto game - tell me its a terrible shoddy part and it still have jaggies just like on PS3....right ?

You can enable super sampling, which removes most (all to my eyes) jaggies in game. Pretty good port, but it's locked at 30fps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gog, Gamefly, gamersgate all did presteam summer sales, I don't think amazon will do the aggressive strategy of simultaneous summer sale with Josh. Tony pulled it but I don't think Josh can.

Valve moving Steam's sale forward to June again leaves July wide open.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone stop me from buying the Naruto game - tell me its a terrible shoddy part and it still have jaggies just like on PS3....right ?
Well, a new and better Naruto game is being released in the Fall.

Haunted

How does the points stealing work? Is that Steam rubberbanding the race to keep everyone buying?

Octodad is funny at first, then just gets extremely tedious and retarded imo.
I don't think it's long enough to wear out its welcome. Just when I've had about enough of it, it was over.

mrgone

tumblr_mc9vnv0vfk1qkc44l.gif

Hah reminds me of the bird man glitch from Red Dead Redemption

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY

75% off £40 was too much for me. Locked at 30fps was one thing but hearing how most computers will struggle to be stable at that (high system requirements) was another...

Wunder

I don't think people really buy it for the fighting though. More for the presentation which is very slick.

Yeah I don't think its really a 'competitive' fighting game, characters are hella unbalanced. Still, if you like your fighting games to be smooth 60 then I guess that's an issue.

Salsa

75% off £40 was too much for me. Locked at 30fps was one thing but hearing how most computers will struggle to be stable at that (high system requirements) was another...

frame rate is tied to game speed as well apparently?

so if you get frame drops the game gets slower or something

idk, stupid ass port, but Toki has a point as to what people would buy it for

The first casualties to my wallet are:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown & The Bureau
Urban Trial Freestyle (It's gotta be like Trials right, RIGHT?)

I'm sure there will be plenty more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom