• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockx4

Oh god. This steam sale is making me want to get Euro Simulator 2. Do I really want a game about driving a lorry around? It does have Manchester (where I grew up) and London (where I live now), so I suppose I could enjoy driving around greatly reduced versions of those.

I've been semi-interested in the game since the last couple sales... mostly due to hype in the Steam Sales thread but I just can't convince myself that a Truck Simulator can be fun.

Kyougar

Sell me on Agarest

You impregnate 5 generations of Heroines (out of 3 playable suitors every Generation and the other two become your concubines or so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno never understood the "chose 1 of the 3 wives and then die, but the other two will also be unavailable in the next generation" thingie)

Its some weird evil genetic eugenic simulator where you choose you wife and the next main charackter in the next generation is you son with the stats influenced from the choosen wife. that happens 5 times. So you can "breed" your playstile charackter (mage, fighter support etc.)

Oh and its a grid based tactical RPG with tons of playable party members (bummer is, that your 3 suitors and you maincharackter disappear after every generation, but you can buy Homunculi that have the same stats, look etc,. but they have no impact on story)

Story is ok, so buy it.

Salsa

way I see it Octodad is Goat Simulator with a premise and actual writing. game lives on that idea that no one can tell he's an Octopus. Feels like a cartoon.

and they seem to hit it with the humor

I played the super early prototype YEARS ago. nice to finally have the released game

Kadin

So I never played through the first The Witcher. I played it for maybe a couple hours but honestly don't remember any of it. Do I need to play through it for the 2nd to make sense? Thinking of picking it up as it's on sale and reading the negative reviews of it, they seem to all be about the Linux version being crap which I don't have. Price is good... is the game?

Euro Truck Simulator 2 for $3.74 is tempting, but does the game become frustrating at any point? Also, How does the saving work; can you save & quit during a delivery?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You impregnate 5 generations of Heroines (out of 3 playable suitors every Generation and the other two become your concubines or so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno never understood the "chose 1 of the 3 wives and then die, but the other two will also be unavailable in the next generation" thingie)

Its some weird evil genetic eugenic simulator where you choose you wife and the next main charackter in the next generation is you son with the stats influenced from the choosen wife. that happens 5 times. So you can "breed" your playstile charackter (mage, fighter support etc.)

Oh and its a grid based tactical RPG with tons of playable party members (bummer is, that your 3 suitors and you maincharackter disappear after every generation, but you can buy Homunculi that have the same stats, look etc,. but they have no impact on story)

Story is ok, so buy it.

Well, I'm sold on getting Argarest 0 to go along with my newest purchase.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's a very short one trick pony game like Goat Simulator. It's good for a few hours if you're interested by purposefully bad animations.

I feel you're selling the game wrong, while the controls are bad and there are some funny animations, I'd argue there's more to Octodad than just that, and I'd argue the audience who'd enjoy Goat simulator and Octodad are very different, as they have very different appeals.

Octodad more comes from mastering purposely complex and awkward controls to complete tasks and overcome obstacles, all to a surprisingly heartwarming story. Goat Simulator is do-what-you-want wonky physics silliness in a similar vein design-wise to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Ronik

So I never played through the first The Witcher. I played it for maybe a couple hours but honestly don't remember any of it. Do I need to play through it for the 2nd to make sense? Thinking of picking it up as it's on sale and reading the negative reviews of it, they seem to all be about the Linux version being crap which I don't have. Price is good... is the game?

The first game is barely referenced in TW2, if you are at least a bit familiar with the characters, you will understand it just fine. And yes, 80% off is a great price.

Lain

I'm 2/2 for votes/wins on Community choices. Let's see if it become 3/3 with the Sports - Racing one. Maybe I'll grab SpeedRunners if it wins.

oti

Banned
Oh god, Disney, what will it take for you to fucking discount fucking LEGO fucking games.
God fucking damn it...

There's a discount on them like every other week. I've seen most of them for 5€, I'm sure they'll be discounted on Steam as well during this sale.

Pakoe

So if you like offbeat, unique games with purposely terrible controls, oceanic life, strange family chores, and being a real human dad who is not an octopus, you guys should get Octodad: Dadliest Catch.

dad.png

LOL.

milena87

It does help in some things, but you should be able to understand everything in TW2 without playing the first one.

I love The Witcher 1 and I would recommend it to anyone at this price, though.

zugzug

Whatever happened to that XCOM FPS game we all saw that one E3? Sort of looked like a Bioshock rip especially the shotgun model, was being developed by 2K Marin. Guess that became The Bureau, or is it now vaporware?

Yes, The Bureau

*Sighs loudly* Discounting Codemasters games that still list GFWL and I've not seen any communication of its removal......with a Negative mind one would say its Typical of Codemasters to not fix the older versions support them because they think there is no value in supporting the older models because you clearly need to buy their newest version which clearly is the best....Yet I cannot play as Karun Chandok in the newest version of F1, let alone Dirt 2 still has GFWL as well. Sucks....same with Dirt 3.

gogosox82

You may miss a few story beats if you skip the witcher 1 and just play witcher 2 but they give you a general outline of what happened in the witcher 1. The gameplay is serviceable, story is really good. Pick it up, its a good game and its only like $2. Can't really beat a price like that.

SparkTR

This is the first I've really looked into the market and badges, and while it's cool I think they have a whole lot to go in regards to usability. A better way to search for cards, sell items in bulk and see what cards you need for certain badges within the market itself would be great. They'd get so many new market users if it were a bit more user friendly to use, I'm sure a lot of people check it out and think any potential money gained is not worth putting up with that crap.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Card prices are dropping like a rock now.

The Mitsurugi Kamui cards were over a dollar a couple days ago. Now they're less than half that. Dammit.

---

Also, since I'm unsure of how well Euro Truck Sim 2 will run on my PC, is the first game worth it for 89 cents? I'm kinda curious as to what it's all about.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I feel you're selling the game wrong, while the controls are bad and there are some funny animations, I'd argue there's more to Octodad than just that, and I'd argue the audience who'd enjoy Goat simulator and Octodad are very different, as they have very different appeals.

Octodad more comes from mastering purposely complex and awkward controls to complete tasks and overcome obstacles, all to a surprisingly heartwarming story. Goat Simulator is do-what-you-want wonky physics silliness in a similar vein design-wise to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

*grumble*

You big meanie!

DarkFlow

Banned
The Mitsurugi Kamui cards were over a dollar a couple days ago. Now they're less than half that. Dammit.

---

Also, since I'm unsure of how well Euro Truck Sim 2 will run on my PC, is the first game worth it for 89 cents? I'm kinda curious as to what it's all about.

I have Euro 2 and it's not very demanding at all. As for the game, It's one of my fav veg out games. I load up some BBC radio in the online radio thing and just drive around.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Right, updated my avatar to rep Team Last Place.

Edit: Are there any mods around that would change my tag from Menorable to Pizza Dog? I somehow got given the wrong Hawkeye character. Not that I'm complaining about being tagged, but it'd be nice if it matched my avatar.

Zeknurn

I'm digging through my wish-list trying to figure out what all the blank entries are. Two of them have working store links and they are Magicka 2 and Shadow of Mordor. Add a name and banner already, you lazy bums.

The third didn't have a working store link and I had to look up the app id. It's Chroma and apparently they removed the store entry 16 days ago. Is it possible it got cancelled after the layoffs at Harmonix?

Is Octodad good or just a gaf meme

It's a genuinely well-scripted, clever, charming little game. The novelty of the controls lasts about as long as the game itself (about 3.5 hours), and it's full of enjoyable characters, sharp writing, and honest humor. It's like a really great old-school cartoon - master-class slapstick, wrapped in delightfully corny bits of wordplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom