• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait...the only way to get foil [cards] is to buy them from the steam market?! ;_; wtf

or am i missing something?

Games: They can be dropped or contained in booster packs like regular cards, but this is far rarer an occurrence, obviously
Sales: As above, but you can also earn them by voting on Community's Choice bundles

zugzug

heh I'm on team purple but I haven't bought anything so i can't win. Day 1 not even tempted to spend 2.49 on something......guys am I broken?

DarkFlow

Banned
You have a slim chance of getting a foil when you craft badges/vote three times.

That's not why he's doing it. He's doing it to have the highest Summer Sale badge.

Oh I know, he's doing it for his Epeen, still funny that he's the king of his team and gets jack shit for it.

Marow

Welp enough of you convinced me.

OTije7I.jpg
Ohh! I'll have to buy this later in the sale.

Had no idea this had even been released. Was it a stealth release?

Games: They can be dropped or contained in booster packs like regular cards, but this is far rarer an occurrence, obviously
Sales: As above, but you can also earn them by voting on Community's Choice bundles

hmmm got 113 points all in all and have yet to get them sigh

but thanks for the info guys ! ^_^

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
heh I'm on team purple but I haven't bought anything so i can't win. Day 1 not even tempted to spend 2.49 on something......guys am I broken?
Sell a card and get Roogoo.

Had no idea this had even been released. Was it a stealth release?
It was up on all the major sites front pages with the all you can eat pack as a preorder bonus for like 2-3 months before it came out.

Arthea

If you wasn't tempted even by hundreds great hidden deals, you have will of a stone! I don't see how that is possible, to be honest.

Kyougar

well i'm unconvinced about agarest

is it just like waifu simulator

is there gameplay

i can kind of stand one if the other is there

its a grid based tactical RPG. The gameplay is the main focus (not that there is not enough storytext)
And the (ingame) achievements are INSANE

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess its time to finally buy Euro Truck Simulator

sprinkles

well i'm unconvinced about agarest

is it just like waifu simulator

is there gameplay

i can kind of stand one if the other is there
I played Agarest for like 4-5 hours before I dropped it. The story is good though and seemed to get really dark later on. The tactical overview reminded me of CRPGS of the early 90s like the Dark Eye series. But the fun in the actual gameplay just wasn't there.

It didn't help that it looked atrocious.

DarkFlow

Banned
I think purple is a one pump chump. All the whales have went crazy on the first day and won't be bothered to keep going after this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what are all those Agarest DLC bundles? needed at all?

Arthea

I think purple is a one pump chump. All the whales have went crazy on the first day and won't be bothered to keep going after this.

that's not the case, I assure you, I plan to go on other days, I still have a lot of summer cards.

what are all those Agarest DLC bundles? needed at all?

They are not needed, actually, but atm I'm very much tempted to pick all lot, as we probably won't get such a discount for a long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if it won't go lower ever.

liezryou

I think anyone who has some capital and wants to make a pretty penny should buy all the non-purple team tokens. I'm sure they will rise in price according to the winning team each day.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Congratulations to all the winners :) Here are some Nether 72 hour trial keys for those that didn't win but would like to try the game. Quote to reveal

I never crafted a badge before yesterday, then did 14. For some reason it is fun. Plus I made all my money back selling the summer cards. If they like it more than I did, they won't stop.

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Hellraider

I'm afraid Capcom doesn't plan to ever update their GFWL games. Unlike the rest of their catalog no GFWL game is on sale (SSFIV aside which can get upgraded). This fucking company...

XShagrath

I've had a handful of badges ready to be crafted for a while now, but have been waiting for the sale. Once the teams thing came about, I decided I was only going to craft on days where our team was gonna win.

I just contributed my 1 point to team purple. Looks like we're in a sizable enough lead. As others have said, I don't know if we can keep this pace up throughout the sale though.

Kyougar

I wanna get agarest but the ridiculous amount of DLC for both games makes me not want to support the company.

You get 2 or 3 dlc packs for the game with the purchase. Even with this basic dlc pack you are overpowered till the near end. The other DLC is for you getting MORE overpowered.

Kyougar

that's not the case, I assure you, I plan to go on other days, I still have a lot of summer cards.

They are not needed, actually, but atm I'm very much tempted to pick all lot, as we probably won't get such a discount for a long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if it won't go lower ever.

Yeah, they come in handy for a new game plus speedrun. But I dont know if I want to do a new game Plus... Allready sunk 70 hours into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom