• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

The T&Cs as laid out on the FAQ page are somewhat deceptively vague. What you win isn't three random games as the phrasing implies but rather the top three items on your list:

Ah that's much better then. Otherwise people would just limit their wishlists to 3 items, and they didn't specify a minimum number of items on your wishlist.

I recorded a Quick Look for Steam Summer Sale 2014 when it went live yesterday. Fucking lol.

Steam Summer Sale is one of the best annual video game franchises around.

Hellraider

At worst it puts that fucking company on par with other developers that have done anything at all, the GFWL catalog on Steam would catch you off guard.

No other publisher has at the moment as many GFWL titles without a solution as Capcom does. Right now Capcom is the worst when it comes to this. By far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, if steam made it so it could count the same game more then once, would you fill up on bad rats?

maximumpayne7zkng.jpg

Wurst

Good thing i'm about to go to a festival. No chance to further pile up games I'll never play :)

Would have bought Monaco and euro truck and maybe xcom if I was home, I fear

No need to try it, just get it.
I ran the demo, and it ran at some blown up resolution that made it impossible to see anything, and then it fucked up the resolution settings on my computer. WHAT THE HELL???

Is there any way I can force Steam games to run at a certain resolution.

Edit: Booted game in safe mode (there's actually an option at startup), set resolution, working properly now.

Do I really want to buy a truck sim? LOL.

Arthea

The T&Cs as laid out on the FAQ page are somewhat deceptively vague. What you win isn't three random games as the phrasing implies but rather the top three items on your list:

I would so wish to win it, can I add one outrageously expensive game now just in case, or it's too late? Galactic Civilizations™ III 92,99€, which I in fact I want, but not for that price.
I know, I'm not winning anything like that ever, but lemme dream

edited: added anyway

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just played the Euro Truck Simulator 2 demo.

Where has this game been all my life?

This is where being broke hurts. Aaaaahh what to do... Holy shit I've been dreaming of a game like this for years (well, except set in the USA and not with semis, but still). I can't believe I ignored this for so long because "lol Simulator game". Man. And that Going East DLC looks really cool, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would so wish to win it, can I add one outrageously expensive game now just in case, or it's too late? Galactic Civilizations™ III 92,99€, which I in fact I want, but not for that price.
I know, I'm not winning anything like that ever, but lemme dream

edited: added anyway

What you win won't be determined until you're selected, so up until that point you're free to organise your wishlist however you want and you'll be rewarded accordingly.

Soule

They're region-specific apps. In order:

- Max Payne (English/rest-of-world)
- Max Payne (Italian)
- Max Payne (French)
- Max Payne (Russian)
- Max Payne 2 (Russian)
- Max Payne 2 (German)
- Max Payne 2 (Italian)
- Max Payne 2 (English/rest-of-world)

There's also a French-specific version of Max Payne 2, but sadly it's not available to purchase.

Ah, so they still would've been separate purchases or gifts though?

No, why have tons of B-grade FPSes when you can have Assetto Corsa, a promising racing sim still under development, for 50% off.

Vote Racing boys.

My man. *high 5*

I want Bulletstorm as well. The only thing that sucks:
sa1sR2C.png

Thought that might be Australian, mine doesn't say that though. It does say GFWL and not included in sharing which doesn't bother me so much but does anyone know if it one of the games that they will fix when GFWL is removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom