• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I wonder if Manhunt, Gun, The Last Remnant, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Another World, Enslaved, Devil May Cry 4 and Singularity will go any cheaper, seeing they are -75% already.

Chariot

Randomly added to red team...thanks steam
Do not worry, we will arrive some time where the other teams are and reclaim the throne. Some time. Be not ashamed of your team.
[Sales of Thrones: Pledge Your Allegiance - Team Red]

Also: here's a random Bioshock.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock -- MB-A8AEAAB8890A5ED5

t1403269402z1.png

Xanathus

Is there a way to list the games on Steam that are up for preorder or are coming in the future? I'm trying to fill up my wishlist.

I think anyone who has some capital and wants to make a pretty penny should buy all the non-purple team tokens. I'm sure they will rise in price according to the winning team each day.
I don't think an extra trading card and a chance to win 3 games on the wishlist are worth a lot but that is for buyers to decide.

Good luck! All 3 Nether keys are "Chosen" codes (the most expensive tier)
Yay, I won Civ 3 (was the only entrant and probably the only person in the world not to own Civ 3) cheers for that.

foamdino

sold cards -> crafted badge (1 point for team red ;P) -> received more cards -> sold cards -> profit

I thought trading cards were a gimmick - now I know they are a devious/genius ploy by Valve. Must resist buying games I will not play. :-(

liezryou

I don't think an extra trading card and a chance to win 3 games on the wishlist are worth a lot but that is for buyers to decide.

Yay, I won Civ 3 (was the only entrant and probably the only person in the world not to own Civ 3) cheers for that.

Take a look at the team tokens on the market. Purple is 35$ and the rest are ~11$. The buyers have decided son.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Storm over the pacific key up at indieroyale debut 12

(that game costs 19.99 lol)

sprinkles

sold cards -> crafted badge (1 point for team red ;P) -> received more cards -> sold cards -> profit

I thought trading cards were a gimmick - now I know they are a devious/genius ploy by Valve. Must resist buying games I will not play. :-(
I still have around 80 games unplayed with card drops remaining. But even idling is too much of a chore.

DarkFlow

Banned
Alright, enough jibber jabber for one night. I need to go watch me some Orphan Black and sleep. See you tomorrow you crazy bastards. #TeamGreen

jediyoshi

I'm afraid Capcom doesn't plan to ever update their GFWL games. Unlike the rest of their catalog no GFWL game is on sale (SSFIV aside which can get upgraded). This fucking company...

At worst it puts that fucking company on par with other developers that have done anything at all, the GFWL catalog on Steam would catch you off guard.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there a way to list the games on Steam that are up for preorder or are coming in the future? I'm trying to fill up my wishlist.

Apparently you can only do it by genre. If you go to RPG for instance and click "Coming soon" you'll see what's up for pre-order. I thought there was a way to do it through the search engine, but I guess not.

Xanathus

I use it to keep track of card-supporting games I don't yet own (the top 3, Dawn of Discovery, and GTA5 aside).

You'd feel really bad if you happened to win 3 crap games from your wishlist. Maybe use some external Google Doc to keep track of them?

Xanathus

Apparently you can only do it by genre. If you go to RPG for instance and click "Coming soon" you'll see what's up for pre-order. I thought there was a way to do it through the search engine, but I guess not.

Thanks but I've decided to just eyeball other people's wishlists and pick games from there.

So Bulletstorm is on the another set of Community Choice, isn't it gone for good soon?

Bought Octodad, hopefully it gives me a giggle or two for few hours.

oipic

Will this be the sale I finally buy Euro Truck 2.

I guess its time to finally buy Euro Truck Simulator

ETS2 is a niche game, admittedly, and won't appeal to everyone... but it's a very solid title in many ways, and shouldn't in any way be lumped in with the shovelware sims that have littered Steam of late (Airport Simulator, for example). It's genuinely good, and not in that cheap-and-ironic novelty fashion. SCS love their game, and it shows.

It's my go-to game for chilling out - but remember: relaxed and drowsy drivers make mistakes, and mistakes cost money.

If any more incentive is required, it is getting Steam achievements later in the year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You'd feel really bad if you happened to win 3 crap games from your wishlist. Maybe use some external Google Doc to keep track of them?

The T&Cs as laid out on the FAQ page are somewhat deceptively vague. What you win isn't three random games as the phrasing implies but rather the top three items on your list:

Prizes: Each winner will receive the top three (3) single game titles ranked in his or her Steam Wishlist, which are currently available for purchase at the time prizes are awarded. Prize value depends on games in Wishlist; Steam pricing during the sweepstakes period will determine game value. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of members on the daily winning team. The winners are solely responsible for any taxes applicable to the prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom