• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

3AQmK.gif
Thank heavens the casuals won, peace over war.
we need less violence on steam and more love.
Go Banished!

Pachimari

Ahh nice. Found it. So, apart from AC 1, I now have AC2, AC3, and AC4. About to buy AC Freedom Cry, which others do I need that is worth playing from the series.
Brotherhood is worth getting.

And then there's only the portable port in Liberation HD left but I haven't tried it.

Praying here to be one of the lucky 30 in the red team.
Not a chance in hell, someone at gaf was already lucky yesterday. Still, pray pray!

I hope people didnt vote for sim casual becuase of the sims 3. You cant even get all the expansions and much less at a good price.

Such a waste. :(

E5KRFPH.jpg

Shame. At the time yesterday, all I wanted to win was Metro: Last Light, DayZ or The Wolf Among Us. THEN, I found out it was only the top three in your wishlist. :'(

At least I got Witcher 2. Now I have 1 & 2 to finish before 3 releases.

waby

Praying here to be one of the lucky 30 in the red team.
Not a chance in hell, someone at gaf was already lucky yesterday. Still, pray pray!

I hope people didnt vote for sim casual becuase of the sims 3. You cant even get all the expansions and much less at a good price.

I vote for Banished fck sims series

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
~15 more minutes for new Steam sales. Yes.

pahamrick

No, that's not the attitude to take. Being on the losing end yesterday made the red team humble, and a humble team is a very dangerous team because they won't resort to histronics and putdowns to achieve what they want.

We have to be the better people in this situation.

Us 'scumbag' purples conceeded, watch out for the next round!

Jonm1010

Banned
Welp this was probably the longest I waited to make my first purchase in a steam sale.

Grabbed Metal Slug 3, Last Remnant and Bioshock DLC.

I think I'm actually being more reasonable these days. Will actually play these,

I hate Steam Big Picture mode right now. I've never had this problem before. It just won't let me reconfigure my controller. Right Trigger can not be reconfigured (no matter what button I want to set it to). All other buttons work fine but when I want to assign something to Right Trigger, it just doesn't work. And if I press Reset it no longer recognizes my controller at all.

BruteUA

The way these numbers are still going up, you gotta wonder. Is it for real, or do people not feel the need to wait 15 minutes to have the points count for the next day?

I am absolutely buying Banished when I get back from my son's baseball game. So excite! I would have bought SSIV had fighting games won. Either way I win, or Steam wins as it continues to drain mah funds...

Quantum

How did Steam allocate the teams?

Pretty hilarious how only two teams are even close to each other.

If you're in any of the other teams, you can be 100% sure you have no chance.

wait, what?

did you look at day one stats?

I think its more like whomever is out front in the first 6 hours then compete and the other teams loose steam. red on day one was painful to watch.

painful!

(Go Red)

Innovation trumps the same old shit every time. Glad the fighting category lost. That genre is stuck in the '90s.
All of those games will eventually be on sale anyway.

Only slightly more than 8000 people bought the Indiegala Cult of the Wind bundle?
This is why we can't have nice things.

I was actually interested in it until I watched a gameplay video of it. I didn't realize it was a multiplayer only capture the flag type game. I thought it was an exploration type game. I went from very interested in the game to having absolutely no interest in it.

KissVibes

Banned
Brotherhood is worth getting.

And then there's only the portable port in Liberation HD left but I haven't tried it.

What about Revelations?

Innovation trumps the same old shit every time. Glad the fighting category lost. That genre is stuck in the '90s.
All of those games will eventually be on sale anyway.

It's not like the other category was just blazing the innovation trail.

KingKong

I'd say the Valve economists are geniuses for getting people to spend so much money for basically nothing (2 40 cent cards and a tiny chance of getting 3 games), but this has been one of the most transparent fake 'games' I've seen

I was actually interested in it until I watched a gameplay video of it. I didn't realize it was a multiplayer only capture the flag type game. I thought it was an exploration type game. I went from very interested in the game to having absolutely no interest in it.
Exactly how I feel. Multiplayer-only will never interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom