• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can craft a badge from any game for points. Some of those only require five cards.
If your team is winning and you don't care about the summer badge and have a badge with only a few cards left it may be (slightly) profitable to buy the cards and craft away (one summer card, then 2 for contributing to the winning team) then sell off the summer cards.

Of course it is not infinite (you can only craft a game badge 5 times and buying those cards will throw the profitability out the window) but there should be enough games in a library to give enough bonus cards for the duration of the sale. Well, provided you don't wind up with a marketplace restriction imposed on you (by topping up your wallet with a non-saved card that was last used on Steam a year ago) in which case pray for boosters and pray more that opening the booster gives you cards to craft a badge.
Yeah I'm out of the running, might as well get all the card drops I can.

From any game? How do I do that?
This might be a handy read.

Volimar

Completely random gift.

OOKcPut.png

Thanks man, made a crappy day a little better to get something out of the blue like that.

KarmaCow

Speaking of Payday 2, is the AI really that bad? If it's anything like L4D2 I think I'll be fine

They're worthless. Payday 2 has stuff outside of killing enemies and the AI cannot do any of it. Carrying out 10 bags out of a bank alone is horrible.

Grenades are needed on higher difficulty modes. As well as LMGs and Scopes. Wasnt there even a Grenadelauncher in a later DLC?

Those are needed for the higher difficulty modes. And if you played the game from the beginning you could have tell that they do this shit. First it was okay from the difficulty mode. And then it was like BOOM HARD AS FUCK. And then DLCs everywhere.

Sorry but Overkill are assholes and they dont deserve any $.

Grenades are good, but aren't really needed and on Deathwish they can be liability. Snipers are useful, but again not crucial. A rifle will serve you better in most cases.

Acccent

I like how the purple team, ever so humble and with a mind set on tactics, felt it was the best option to altruistically give the victory to yesterday's underdog – after all, fortune is meant to be shared – and now purps are accumulating energy and resources to start off the next day in the best possible way.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Does the new day for the metagame also start in 30 mins?

Bought ACII and Revelations. Was going to say the sale was over for me but apparently Steam decided to withdraw the entirety of the purchase from my paypal account instead of using my Steam balance as well, so now I still have $5.07 and get to explain why there's $5 missing from my checking account. Awesome.

rtcn63

Any other thoughts on metal Slug as a. Single player only Game? Seems it might get boring fast.

Depends, did you grow up on side-scrolling quarter-munchers? I like it, but there's not much longevity if you're not in it for the nostalgia/score racking.

liezryou

I like how the purple team, ever so humble and with a mind set on tactics, felt it was the best option to altruistically give the victory to yesterday's underdog – after all, fortune is meant to be shared – and now purps are accumulating energy and resources to start off the next day in the best possible way.

Yes our plan all along, make red waste all their shit today. We gunna wipe the floor with red tomorrow.

milena87

Ahh nice. Found it. So, apart from AC 1, I now have AC2, AC3, and AC4. About to buy AC Freedom Cry, which others do I need that is worth playing from the series.

Certainly Brotherhood, and Revelations to end the story of Ezio and Altair (gameplay-wise is pretty much the same as Brotherhood, even though Ubisoft usually adds a few things each game)

bigace33

My team is last and I totally don't see the point in participating because we aren't moneybags red and purple.

I suspect this is going to all even out and each team will have days to really compete. Red was like last place just yesterday. I think I'll enjoy this red win today and do very little going forward. I worked my ass off today though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Crap.

I bought the AC IV Gold edition, which claims to include a bunch of extra stuff like FC and season pass.

Then I see all these DLC for fucking resource cheats and unlocks, and cant find a way to disable them in the DLC menus!

Anyone know if i actually have these or did i need to buy them specifically?

Zomba13

No one suspects Pink. We'll hover in the middle of the pack and conserve energy. When the big dogs tire themselves out we will outrun the feeble snails and steal victory for ourselves!

At least that is what I'm telling myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom