• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

I voted for fighters even though I didn't really want any I just wanted them to be on sale so people could buy them and maybe we'd get more fighters on the PC and steam :(

I like how the purple team, ever so humble and with a mind set on tactics, felt it was the best option to altruistically give the victory to yesterday's underdog – after all, fortune is meant to be shared – and now purps are accumulating energy and resources to start off the next day in the best possible way.

770.gif

cHinzo

Speaking of Payday 2, is the AI really that bad? If it's anything like L4D2 I think I'll be fine

It's awful. They are useless and are mostly meat shields who are standing in ur way. Online is the only way to play it right. The game itself it fine though. Those weapon DLCs just give more diverse weapons, but nothing overpowered imo.

The great thing about those DLC Heists is that u dont need to buy the DLC to play those heists as long as someone else host it (I hardly host games myself even though I own the DLC, because I hate waiting for people to join and it's much faster to get into a 3/4 lobby).

Uzzy

Damn it GabeN. I wanted that KOF.

At least the forces of the counter-revolution are being defeated. Long live Team Red!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Grenades are needed on higher difficulty modes. As well as LMGs and Scopes. Wasnt there even a Grenadelauncher in a later DLC?

Those are needed for the higher difficulty modes. And if you played the game from the beginning you could have tell that they do this shit. First it was okay from the difficulty mode. And then it was like BOOM HARD AS FUCK. And then DLCs everywhere.

Sorry but Overkill are assholes and they dont deserve any $.

No they aren't. Overkill mode is easily done without grenades. I know this because I played that mode before and after they were introduced and didn't buy that pack.

Death Wish they're more a liability than they are useful. They are not needed for higher difficulty modes and you're completely fine with the default loadouts. Stop talking out your ass, please. The game's major problem is the "RNG" drop system, which gives the impression of a F2P title, but it isn't a F2P title. You can do all the heists with the default kits, easily.

Alright, so if I get Payday 2, would anyone want to play with a guy from the eastern U.S.?

I think that's what burned me on the first payday, once the community died off, I had no regulars to play with, and offline is awful.

I just bought it so I'm down to play.
whenever I have time

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crap.

I bought the AC IV Gold edition, which claims to include a bunch of extra stuff like FC and season pass.

Then I see all these DLC for fucking resource cheats and unlocks, and cant find a way to disable them in the DLC menus!

Anyone know if i actually have these or did i need to buy them specifically?

The saver packs aren't included in the GE, and even if they were, they wouldn't be unlocked in the game until you registered the supplied Uplay keys to your account.

mileS

Have faith. KOF might come back around. I do think its rather disappointing that the casual simulation games won considering that all of them will probably be daily or flash sales more than once.

Overall we can't complain that much. I'm a big fan of voting for 4 games instead of one.

Cbajd5

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN RED TEAM IS IN THE LEAD

YOU KNOW ALL THOSE GAMES YOU WANTED TO BE ON SALE

WELL THEY'LL NEVER BE ON SALE WHILE RED'S IN THE LEAD

SUPPORT PURPLE TEAM TODAY

Enco

How did Steam allocate the teams?

Pretty hilarious how only two teams are even close to each other.

If you're in any of the other teams, you can be 100% sure you have no chance.

No they aren't. Overkill mode is easily done without grenades. I know this because I played that mode before and after they were introduced and didn't buy that pack.

Death Wish they're more a liability than they are useful. They are not needed for higher difficulty modes and you're completely fine with the default loadouts. Stop talking out your ass, please. The game's major problem is the "RNG" drop system, which gives the impression of a F2P title, but it isn't a F2P title. You can do all the heists with the default kits, easily.

I give it 6 months after PS4 and Xbone release that it transform to a F2P game with P2W wall behind it.

I think the flash for it ended. Was planning to buy it earlier but I noticed that the price went back to 2.49€

Still worth it. If you have more than just one friend to play it with then buy it.

Grief.exe

How did Steam allocate the teams?

Pretty hilarious how only two teams are even close to each other.

If you're in any of the other teams, you can be 100% sure you have no chance.

Better to just randomly assign people to two teams, make them more or less equal in terms of people.

Keep more people engaged in accumulating and stealing points. Currently, you have three teams that are completely out of the running entirely. The member of these teams have no incentive in participating. Other than just switching teams of course.

Mihos

Gold Member
I figured casual/simulation fans would be too busy gaming on their phones to vote... I learned that the borg is real and coming for me now :(

Good comeback red. Fuck the rest.

No, that's not the attitude to take. Being on the losing end yesterday made the red team humble, and a humble team is a very dangerous team because they won't resort to histronics and putdowns to achieve what they want.

We have to be the better people in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom