• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was shocked when I found out too. I thought maybe the full game was maybe redownloading itself at first, but nope. Pretty large!

I think it's closer to 50GB on the disk when all is said and done. I managed to grab it during the winter sale when they mistakenly priced it at $5. Still haven't downloaded it.

MikeDown

Banned
image.php
Traitor! Off to salt mines for you! :p

DSix

Banned
The price of Dragon Age Origins on GMG is much better than on steam, but it seems to only hand origins key. Is the key redeemable on steam?

CassSept

Seriously these Skyrim DLC prices are so dumb :/

Btw, they probably will get to GTA discounts one of these days, right? I think about grabbing VC for steam, would be neat.

Sendero

Nice, was waiting for Skyrim Legendary, and so I got it.
BTW, I played a bit Inquisitor, and although its starts slow and is quite old, it's really a nice RPG.

The quest conversations and background text may not be Planescape:Torment level, but its quite detailed and interesting.

Go Red!

Aesthet1c

Man Skyrim for $5. That's so tempting.

Help me GAF. I've always liked the idea of Elder Scrolls games, but they have been pretty boring, and I think the combat is bad. I've owned both Morrowind and Oblivion, but quit both after 5-10 hours. Should I give it another chance with Skyrim?

Kyou

card question: Can I get drops if I just let it idle on the settings menu for some games that pop up before it launches?

rookiejet

Ugh, Fighters didn't win. I hate everyone.

As soon as I saw Banished on the sim bracket I was like, "why even pretend?" lol

Rocksmith 2014 is my first purchase. Would've bought some of the fighters in the community vote had they won. May pickup Ikaruga as well and that'd be it.

I'm surprisingly considered in my purchasing decisions this go-around. I just may have thwarted Gabe's Jedi mind tricks...

I know people hate it's very existence just because of the IP it's using but Nosgoth is actually really fun and unique. $5 for access to the closed beta and some space bux is a pretty good deal. You'll be able to buy or try a number of abilities without grinding for them with that.

Help me GAF. I've always liked the idea of Elder Scrolls games, but they have been pretty boring, and I think the combat is bad. I've owned both Morrowind and Oblivion, but quit both after 5-10 hours. Should I give it another chance with Skyrim?

Doesn't sound like it's your cup of tea tbh.

Seriously these Skyrim DLC prices are so dumb :/

Btw, they probably will get to GTA discounts one of these days, right? I think about grabbing VC for steam, would be neat.

it's almost always the case that you will eventually be able to get the GOTY version for cheaper than you can buy all dlc while discounted. It's why I bought legendary at one point for like $12... cheaper than the alternatives.

Depends what you found boring about them.

Combat isn't really that improved, but it is ever slightly.

Effect

Don't bother. The combat is pretty much the same. It just looks better animation wise but that's pretty much it I feel. It really was the worse thing about playing the game I felt. I don't know how I pushed myself with the game to finish the main story but I did. However I've never been able to get back into the game because the combat isn't that good.

Ebu1zRc.png

Rilly? Well... I guess that's one way to avoid the flood of giveaways that would rain down upon this thread.

For ril.

I considered the same thing, unfortunately.

The world is big, free, and open - there's always something for you to do. Radiant AI and dynamic quests means that the game can surprise you with new events. But keep in mind that the game's mechanics are very shallow and easy to grasp - the game can get boring mechanically long before you're done exploring, which is a drag. BUT! Since this is the PC version, mods can save the day.

Check out the Elder Scrolls Nexus, filter out the nude mods, and then you're opened up to a whole new dimension of Skyrim. Search for the mods you want, and you'll probably find them. Skyrim is unique in that it can be almost anything you want it to, and for that reason I would recommend it.

Eternia

Red Team have even worse wishlist winnings than purple did.
I wonder if pushing it to top games in your 10 wishlist would have been better. Valve probably wouldn't have lost that much more judging by what people have in their top 3 and it may grab more people to gamble on getting points as their potential payout would be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom