• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

"In pinkest day, in reddest night,
No badge shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship purples's might,
Beware my power, Green Team's light!"

- Oath of the Green Team

Chariot

You mean these or different ones ?

ky3BfsO.png
J1UA9Ef.png
SCiYGL0.png
j8bm3SO.png
OKZ1t8G.png

Wow, its awesome, thank you

iAjFbREn0m5iJ.gif

Pachimari

Bought Rocksmith 2014 as well. Steam is unhealthy to me. I'll just get Dishonored, Hitman Contracts, Rayman Origins, Anno 1404, World In Conflict and PES 2014.

What's the best way to give away Humble Bundle duplicates now that I have my Steam account linked to my Humble account? I'm assuming it wouldn't work with modbot? It just says "create gift link".

oti

Banned
No no no, not all mods, just the expansive and popular ones that get updated often. They usually require one or all of the DLC.

There's still plenty of mods that work for vanilla.

Oh, ok. I think i'll just get vanilla then for now. There are so many games on my backlog right now, that should be more than enough.

Asgaro

Dragonborn has a new island and new enemies etc.

But, and this is more a general question for all games:
shouldn't DLC only be bought when you finished the base game and want more of the franchise?

Considering it's very difficult to near impossible to complete Skyrim (That's what I read; I only bought it now), why think about DLC from the start?

I see tons of people buying games with DLC included. Yet, they don't even finish the base game...

mannerbot

What's the best way to give away Humble Bundle duplicates now that I have my Steam account linked to my Humble account? I'm assuming it wouldn't work with modbot? It just says "create gift link".

You submit the link to ModBot like you would a game key.

How can I get the Rocksmith 2014 cable separately?

I'll go check Amazon.

It's like $29, and if you have an acoustic you'll need to buy a pickup too (at least $16).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Why is the base price of Skyrim 5€ lower than the base prices of Dragonborn and Dawnguard?

Because Bethesda are jerks, thats why. In the future I'm waiting to buy their games only after the Gold Complete Deluxe Editions are out, never at launch again.

to get banished now or to wait until a future sale. its sure to be under 10 next time...

I doubt it, Banished is too new yet. I doubt it will fall under $10 anytime this year. It's well worth $10 or even $20 anyway, very polished and well done game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry. Edited my post but have that already. Thanks though.

In that case I nominate Knights & Merchants, although you may have it already as it's been bundled a few times now.

I am waiting for that gold edition to hit 75% off.

While it's always best to play it safe and wait, I think if Anno 1404 were going to sport a featured deal discount it would have done so alongside 2070.

Was Anno 1404 on a deeper discount when anno 2070 was on flash? I forgot to check.

Nope.

Effect

shouldn't DLC only be bought when you finished the base game and want more of the franchise?

Considering it's very difficult to near impossible to complete Skyrim (That's what I read; I only bought it now), why think about DLC from the start?

I see tons of people buying games with DLC included. Yet, they don't even finish the base game...

There is a difference between the randomly generated content that can keep Skyrim going on indefinitely and the tailor made, once and done quest lines. The later is what Dragonborn and Dawnguard offer.

Darkroronoa

Is base skyrim enough to mod it properly?

I dont care that much for the dlc because i dont want to sink too much hours in it but i want to play it (also i want to save money for more games).

Basically you're right about first finishing the maingame. But as someone who literally completed every quest there is, the Dragonborn DLC was something fresh new for me. It is seperated from the main-world and has a Cthulhu vibe to it... imo, you can't go wrong with it.

denx

Is base skyrim enough to mod it properly?

I dont care that much for the dlc because i dont want to sink too much hours in it but i want to play it (also i want to save money for more games).

Most recent mods need Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn to function.

Wow @ the front page. You just can't make this shit up, they must have used some special algorithm calculating out the most boring selection of games you could possibly put next to each other... Well, on the positive side of things - there's no way to go now, but up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom