• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that Sims 3 could swing the vote is frankly mindboggling when you consider that it was one of the games in the Origin Humble Bundle, and every site out there was running stories about that bundle when it hit. I figure most people who wanted The Sims 3 would own it already.

DLC gets a discount too I think.

Eusis

The idea that Sims 3 could swing the vote is frankly mindboggling when you consider that it was one of the games in the Origin Humble Bundle, and every site out there was running stories about that bundle when it hit. I figure most people who wanted The Sims 3 would own it already.
You get KotOR winning over a niche JRPG despite KotOR going on sale for like $2 repeatedly and the niche JRPG ONCE in the middle of the night (for NA) beforehand, and more damningly L4D2 winning community votes when seemingly everyone and their dog owns it. I'm not underestimating the stupid reasons something wins a community vote these days, it's a mercy they're in groups now so people can get stuff like Banished at least rather than being stuck with the community going "i can get surgeon simulator for two and a half bucks"

Zeliard

CS:GO card prices have actually gone up considerably, heh. Still one of the cheapest out there to craft but just a day or two ago it was about 50 cents total per badge.

tmarques

ugh. it's the second time that I don't get the card I'm supposed to after voting for community sales :|
meanwhile I traded like 5 cards with a friend and I used the new ones to craft a badge, but they're also still in his inventory. when will steam ever function as it's supposed to I wonder

Are you sure you're LV8? I had to craft a couple of badges to get to LV8 (I know, I know) and I got the cards retroactively as soon as voted the next time. You can craft badges for as little as 70 cents - half of which you get by selling the Summer card that comes with it -, so it's definitely worth it.

Ugh, day 3 just started of the sale, and I've already spent £103 / $175.

Think I'm going to calm it down and just keep an eye out for Fallout 3 and New Vegas and all their DLCs for the remainder and that's it.

Then again, who am I trying to kid?

bakeray

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-8D0A4E16973AF9A7 - Taken by xninjav. 8 entrants total. - Taken by Mokoi. 23 entrants total.

t1403374208z1.png
[/QUOTE].

oti

Banned
If you want the cool mods you do.

If not, then yeah, not really.

What? No DLC no mods? Is that usually how that goes? I'd love to try some mods, never had the chance to do so on consoles. But I try to stay under 10€ for every purchase during the sale... we'll see.

Banished is supposed to be a good SimCity type game I think.

it's got the "build a town thing" in common with sim city but it's more of a survival type game.

people can and do die and it's easy to have bad crops or expand too quickly and have people die of starvation, or not gathering enough wood and cutting it for firewood will have people freeze to death in the winter. Diseases happen too.

Eusis

Never again will I buy something from Bethesda before the complete pack. NEVER
I swear there was a 75% deal on Skyrim DLC before. Or maybe I was a sap and got them at 50% back when that was an appealing option rather than idiotic looking compared to the complete pack.

Seriously, why the fuck are they being asshats? Discount that to 75% off and it's STILL cheaper to get the Legendary Edition if you didn't own the game already.

mannerbot

Steam customers aren't limited to people who check gaming news and sales on a daily basis. lol

Does anybody know where I can either buy Rocksmith PC + cable or just the cable by itself for cheap. or alternatives? I refuse to pay more than the price of the game for a fucking cable.

The cable that comes with Rocksmith 1 also works with 2014 and all PS3/X360 cables work on the pc.

So try ebay I guess, you might be able to find someone flogging a cheap console version of Rocksmith 1.

What? No DLC no mods? Is that usually how that goes? I'd love to try some mods, never had the chance to do so on consoles. But I try to stay under 10€ for every purchase during the sale... we'll see.

No no no, not all mods, just the expansive and popular ones that get updated often. They usually require one or all of the DLC.

There's still plenty of mods that work for vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom