• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera O

Banned
Green!

I feel like maybe the people funding the red/purple power struggles haven't woken up yet. Partied hard last night while hob-nobbing with the rest of the plutocracy. Just wait until their butlers rouse them with a cup of coffee, brunch in bed and a freshly-ironed newspaper - then it's on.

Anteater

marlow briggs is kind of like a god of war + dynasty warriors, i'm surprised many people likes it, i like hack and slash so i'll likely play it to the end

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm holding out on Banished being a daily and 60% off. Worse comes to worse I'll hold off till Winter when it should be 66-75% off.

dailies are not higher discounts than flashes or community votes

its all the same shit

Acccent

playing with chrome's inspector can feel oddly satisfying

TEofp5b.png

Erekiddo

I.. need to start idling for cards more.

614 card drops remaining
170 games with drops remaining
24 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $92.21

Christ.

Chariot

Came across this in the Steam discussions.

2014-06-20-2233u50wb.png

Someone's claiming the winning teams are predetermined. It's probably fake, but it would be hilarious if the image predicted the forthcoming winners.
Would be hillarious if blue remains last like the last two days and then suddenly get boosted by 300,000 points to the first place within an hour.

Haven't bought anything in this sale yet. I think I went too crazy in last year's summer and winter sales so there's not a ton that I still really want. I've been waiting forever for the Skyrim Legendary Edition to drop to around $10 so I'm very much thinking about biting on that. Even though I doubt I would even play it anytime soon, haha. I don't think it will ever drop much lower than it is right now. I'll probably finally buy Surgeon Simulator too since that's 75% off.

Speevy

Banned
Skyrim's DLC isn't necessary unless you want every mod to be compatible.

There are already thousands of weapons, armor, NPCs, systems, quests, guilds, towns,and other things you can add to the game without spending a dime.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I just got into this thing and got assigned to the blue team. What is this? Seems stupid.

You better buy at least $200 worth of stuff immediately! FOR THE BLUE!

That reminds me I haven't spent any money today. To the Steam page!

~Kinggi~

Banned
UBISOFT bullshit uplay and key system is such a fucking embarrassment, an abortion from hell. Fucking buy dlc on steam, try and get it to work in the game, get bombarded with 50 fucking overlays, then have to find the key redeemer inside the game cause doing it in uplay doesnt work. Then realize copy-paste the key code isnt fucking supported in the key area, have to write down the damn code. Then ubi says servers arent available.

im never gonna purchase a game from your shit store ubi no matter how much you try and force me.

bender

What time is it?
Bummed that Arma III lost the community vote last night. I want Wasteland but that price is too rich for my blood.

mfaex

If blue wins tomorrow we'll know the fix is on.

Or that a hilariously generous person/group is potentially boosting every color to a win.

Acidote

Hey, I have three Nosgoth closed beta keys. How can I raffle them through ModBot? Maybe someone wants to give the game a try and I have no use for them. I'm not selling them on ebay like people is doing.

Colby

I haven't been too impressed by the sales, although I did pick up Witcher 1 and 2. Does the Winter Sale usually have better deals?

I haven't been too impressed by the sales, although I did pick up Witcher 1 and 2. Does the Winter Sale usually have better deals?

Somewhat, but the general trend is the sales have pretty much bottomed out now that Steam has become soo much more popular.

Enco

Came across this in the Steam discussions.

2014-06-20-2233u50wb.png

Someone's claiming the winning teams are predetermined. It's probably fake, but it would be hilarious if the image predicted the forthcoming winners.
Could easily be fake but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The way things are going makes no sense.

Zeliard

Did you buy low yesterday in hopes of selling high today'?
Risky, but smart, I suppose.

Bought a green token for $7.50 yesterday. Also bought a couple pinks and one blue for about that amount. :p I figured there was a decent chance they'd take a lead one of the days in the sale and see their token prices skyrocket. Token prices go up significantly even in the early portions of the race, as we've seen today with green.

It's risky but not hugely so since I will quickly pawn them off if it looks like prices are starting to really tank. I mostly risk just losing a buck or two, which would be offset by what I gain anyway, and prices with every team seem to only be increasing as the days go by. Even the blue token is at $15 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom