• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
The biggest thing you need to know about Skyrim mods is that if you install too many of them, your game will become unstable.

Only install a handful on the first run. Always test them as you go.

The_Monk

The biggest thing you need to know about Skyrim mods is that if you install too many of them, your game will become unstable.

Only install a handful on the first run. Always test them as you go.

This is what I did. I just wanted some mods to make the game look pretty with neat texture, more rain or snow, etc. So I got one one those "Packs" and went adventuring.

Speevy

Banned
Is there a current list of the best mods to install? I spent a whole bunch of time installing mods for Skyrim a while back but with the DLCs out and a better computer I'd like to do a complete refresh.

Install the high-res texture packs and climates of Tamriel, plus stuff that enhances lighting.

Then add stuff to the game like new weapons, NPCs, etc. Just don't go overboard without reading what each mod does.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Ugh, can't get Assassin's Creed 3 to launch for the life of me. :\

I suppose that talking to the support in order to try and get a refund is useless, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bought Dynasty Warriors. Let's hope I didn't make a huge mistake.

come-on.gif

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
If your PC fits the system requirements and it's not your fault that it don't work, I think you can. A friend of mine did this, if I remember right.

Allright, going to try this.

uPlay being uPlay, it's probably dead like when people tried to play Far Cry 3 yesterday.

Not uPlay's fault, the game crashes my whole pc, forcing me to reboot. I tried eveything I could thing of, everything google told me to do, nothing.

Colby

I got Rocksmith 2014 for $40 or so a few months ago and haven't played it much. Now that it's $14.99, it just reinforces the idea that I should never buy games new anymore. It's just not cost-effective. Do you guys feel that way, or is playing a game on launch day worth the extra cost?

Hubb

no they havent

unless it was a price mistake

Well maybe I am just thinking of flash deals but yes in the past flash deals have been more expensive than when it was on a daily. Witcher 2 comes to mind, can't remember which sale it was but the daily was cheaper than the flash sale for Witcher 2.

Maybe it was an exception and not the rule, and maybe it is just me hoping Banished will be cheaper.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is there a mod guide for skyrim for a first time run-trough? Don't want to install mods that mess with the story/world to much.
This guy does a great series on Skyrim mods, with good instructions and everything too if you need them:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

Pretty much all the stuff in the beginner's guide series is stuff that's all fairly lore-friendly and then you can watch his Mod Sanctuary stuff to figure out what looks good to you.

DarkFlow

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause -- MB-CA0BA76913193DB1 - Taken by Vuze. 13 entrants total.

t1403377758z1.png
I got this last summer sale on a price error, it's just been waiting...

Toki767

Here's something for all you generous folks out there. $10 game of your choice to the winner!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-12AFEFC3E3473DA0

t1403387558z1.png

Burt

So has anyone tried out Nosgoth? I'm kind of curious about it.
Hah, thread moves fast:
By the way, just to get it out there because I haven't seen any comment on it yet, Nosgoth is fucking amazing. I love it. Don't let bitterness over the IP use get to you if you're a fan of... God, I don't even know what to compare it to. It's definitely a third person shooter, at least from the human end, but the vamp end is a lot more unique. Anyway, great game, well worth $5 to get into now.

Only real cons I can think of: perma-buy stuff in the cash shop isn't great, but the weekly and monthly rents are more than cheap enough to keep yourself happy. Vamps are a bit OP, but not overwhelmingly so, and you get to play both sides every match anyway. Could use more classes, but being a beta, more are obviously on the way.

Seanspeed

Banned
I got Rocksmith 2014 for $40 or so a few months ago and haven't played it much. Now that it's $14.99, it just reinforces the idea that I should never buy games new anymore. It's just not cost-effective. Do you guys feel that way, or is playing a game on launch day worth the extra cost?
Buy a game new if you're highly excited about it and will definitely play it.

Otherwise, wait. Especially if you've got a backlog to work on.

Vodh

I was about to buy Nosgoth for when closed beta ends and the game's not out yet or something, but turns out the closed beta key counts as owning the game already :) Thanks Square.

BTW it's a cool game, totally worth £3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom