• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Banner Saga, just show up as a $10 or less flash/daily already. Same goes for you, KR0.

My wallet yearns for spending.

Ok, fine... I'm bored, so ask and ye shall receive...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Banner Saga -- MB-987D673877872F62 - Taken by masterkajo. 74 entrants total.

t1403386605z1.png

I know people hate it's very existence just because of the IP it's using but Nosgoth is actually really fun and unique. $5 for access to the closed beta and some space bux is a pretty good deal. You'll be able to buy or try a number of abilities without grinding for them with that.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm a dev on Nosgoth if anyone has specific questions or wants to tell me to kill myself like some IGN commenters.

A couple quick points:
- We're still in early access and there are some bugs
- Beta keys are available on various sites if you want to try for free
- The $4.99 pack on Flash sale is a great deal - gets you $20 of in-game currency
- Game is Free-to-Play and specifically not Pay2Win by design.

Here's a user video that shows off a variety of classes and interaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoTOJJyCFjE

Colby

As a purple nurple, I'm all for other colors getting their day in the rainbow, but I didn't know I had to create badges to be eligible for the team rewards, so I missed out. It's bittersweet :(

Burt

By the way, just to get it out there because I haven't seen any comment on it yet, Nosgoth is fucking amazing. I love it. Don't let bitterness over the IP use get to you if you're a fan of... God, I don't even know what to compare it to. It's definitely a third person shooter, at least from the human end, but the vamp end is a lot more unique. Anyway, great game, well worth $5 to get into now.

Only real cons I can think of: perma-buy stuff in the cash shop isn't great, but the weekly and monthly rents are more than cheap enough to keep yourself happy. Vamps are a bit OP, but not overwhelmingly so, and you get to play both sides every match anyway. Could use more classes, but being a beta, more are obviously on the way.

Red

I miss the potato style achievements with actual rewards for playing games. Not this spend $10 craft badges idle in menus stuff.

Bought a green token for $7.50 yesterday. Also bought a couple pinks and one blue for about that amount. :p I figured there was a decent chance they'd take a lead one of the days in the sale and see their token prices skyrocket. Token prices go up significantly even in the early portions of the race, as we've seen today with green.

It's risky but not hugely so since I will quickly pawn them off if it looks like prices are starting to really tank. I mostly risk just losing a buck or two, which would be offset by what I gain anyway, and prices with every team seem to only be increasing as the days go by. Even the blue token is at $15 right now.

Sounds like a game I'd be willing to risk it on... should I ever get my market function back. >:O

I got XCOM, i dont really want anything else from this sale.

I am on the Blue team, I have no idea what is this and how to participate.
We are in last place, so i am not sure i want to know either.

Tempted to buy Banished eventhough I know that it will be -75% before I get around to play it.

Still haven't got a badge, so many duplicate drops.

Havik

Is there a mod guide for skyrim for a first time run-trough? Don't want to install mods that mess with the story/world to much.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Bought a green token for $7.50 yesterday. Also bought a couple pinks and one blue for about that amount. :p I figured there was a decent chance they'd take a lead one of the days in the sale and see their token prices skyrocket. Token prices go up significantly even in the early portions of the race, as we've seen today with green.

It's risky but not hugely so since I will quickly pawn them off if it looks like prices are starting to really tank. I mostly risk just losing a buck or two, which would be offset by what I gain anyway, and prices with every team seem to only be increasing as the days go by. Even the blue token is at $15 right now.

I don't quite have the budget to do something like that this time, but if the next sale has a team set up like this with the ability to switch via market items, I'll definitely be grabbing some when they're still super cheap the first day.

Speevy

Banned
many mods require the dlc....

So just get the damn legendary edition, because the dlcs are not going to be cheaper anytime soon.

I guess I'm just pissed because you can't buy the DLC separately for the same discount.

Anyway, just buy what you want. Definitely mod the game though.

Alright, fuck it! Not gonna buy much in this sale anyway so might as well.

You made the right move.
I bought Skyrim thinking the DLC would be discounted someday too and I'd just pick it up then... I was wrong. I ended up buying the Legendary edition for $13 or whatever because it was cheaper than buying the 3-4 DLCs I didn't have, especially the two mainline ones.

Is there a current list of the best mods to install? I spent a whole bunch of time installing mods for Skyrim a while back but with the DLCs out and a better computer I'd like to do a complete refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom