• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehalemi

It was a weak moment of drunkenness, I swear!

XS70ofR.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
what's with fov these days

i guess i haven't been playing too many first person games but first fear 3, now coj gunslinger...

Nokterian

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Empires 2 Plus The Forgotten -- MB-07BCDBDBF661266B - Taken by pahamrick

There ya go good luck to all! :)

Acccent

Do you think the flag color race in staged and Steam will make each team wins at least one time?
yeah that's my bet too.
what I secretly hope is that some shady business gets leaked towards the end of the sale, revealing that it's all rigged to generate as much profit as possible and not fair at all (which seems hardly possible with the switch tokens anyway), and that triggers a huge backlash against valve who finally gets some flak. I really wish they didn't have all that blind admiration to rely on, they would do amazing things if they spent their resources on something other than designing manipulative sales mechanics...
Better than Purple dominating the competition for the entire time.
it pains me to admit this but I agree

Turfster

Cold Fear is a pretty great Resident-Evil-like.
(OG Resident Evil, not this newer stuff.)
It's a pity it doesn't lock the mouse cursor on dual screen systems, tho.

Out of the games I've bought in the GOG and Steam summer sales, the only game I haven't loved so far is Audiosurf 2, and that's because the game is still REALLY early yet. but I'm a huge fan of the first, so I can wait.

Everybody needs to buy Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.

Thank you for Painkiller: Black!

That game is so effin rad, enjoy it!

Out of the games I've bought in the GOG and Steam summer sales, the only game I haven't loved so far is Audiosurf 2, and that's because the game is still REALLY early yet. but I'm a huge fan of the first, so I can wait.

Everybody needs to buy Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.

That game is so effin rad, enjoy it!

Thanks for Zeno Clash!

Acccent

Shhh!

Can you imagine the outrage if it happens?

I don't know. That's why I think this system is poorly designed; if everyone wins once, which is the ideal scenario, it looks super fishy and orchestrated, and not random... but if a team wins more than the others, it's kinda unfair. I think there should be rubber-band mechanics à la mario kart, but they should be disclosed. Pure random is never good...

Started playing The Ship (after getting the super-cheap 4-pack). That game is awesome, but the server browser is broken.

First kill was like:

grinch-evil-smile-.gif

edit: Good multiplayer game, recommended. :)

Amazon has Age of Empires II: The Forgotten expansion for $2.50, and apparently it also comes with the base game (don't kill me if they already fixed it though :v)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GU043AW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, be careful
doCbLxV.png

Can confirm that this still works as of 5:00pm PST. Just bought it, and the code gave me the base game and expansion. Haven't seen something like this from Amazon since when they started selling Renegade Ops and it included the DLC with the base game's code.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MrTeachwell:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840701.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

skull girls -- MB-F5712DC50657BE8C - Taken by swx. 38 entrants total.

t1403396453z1.png

Last minute chance on some funky fighting action

Can confirm that this still works as of 5:00pm PST. Just bought it, and the code gave me the base game and expansion. Haven't seen something like this from Amazon since when they started selling Renegade Ops and it included the DLC with the base game's code.

Crap. It's a single code? 😕

Wookieomg

So far so good.. Haven't spotted any crazy good deals on things I want. Considering picking up Banished for 10 bucks though.

I'm not sure I like the team-based sale... Makes me feel like I'm wasting my money on games when my team is losing. Wanting to maximize the gains from the money I spend, ya know?

Like.. I'd spend more on a day when my team - Red - is winning.. But Green is today, so I feel less inclined to buy. Not sure if that was Valve's intent or not. :/

That being said, what the fuck is wrong with me to think that a purchase for a game I want isn't good when it's heavily discounted? Curse Valve for adding additional incentives.. lol.

A tiny tinfoil-hat part of me thinks the team score is rigged. So far for three separate days, one particular team has jettisoned ahead of the rest by mid-day, and you pretty much know who's gonna win that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom