• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

I don't mean to cast aspersions, but anyone who doesn't vote for Broforce is also a hater of truth, justice, and ice cream.

This is my first summer sale. Between Steam and GOG, I probably spent about ~$125 (probably more) on games that I know damn well I won't play anytime soon and probably can run half of them on my computer.

Anyways Go Team Pink!

Uzzy

Is there any Tomb Raider DLC that I should grab? I got the game (and yet to play it) already.

Do you want to play the totally dead multiplayer? If so, get the GOTY edition. If not, there's a few new outfits for Lara which look decent but are just cosmetic, and one tomb that you can finish in two minutes blindfolded.

kami_sama

Today was the first day of the sales that I want to buy something from the dailies.

Tomb Raider GOTY worth the price?
Also, Planetary Annihilation in a good enough shape to buy?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Guys, should I get Tomb Raider for PC, or is the definitive remaster on PS4 better looking?

Graphically it is better looking, in terms of how much hair can flow, more detail to the skin, and less clipping of cloth at points, but aesthetically it may not be. They changed some things around, such as Lara's face and how some lighting works in various places, which some don't care for.

I would say it comes down to whether or not you have a PC that can handle and give you a stable high frame rate. If you can, get it on Steam, if not, then PS4 would be the way to go.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Green wins and I am not 1 in 30 out of THOUSANDS? First modbot forsakes me, now our lord Gaben...

not-again-gif.gif

brb eating a tub of icecream, food is my real friend
also im surprised nobody is freaking out over Reckoning 75% off, that thing is never on sale (on steam)

Athleon

Instead of getting the Tomb Raider GOTY, I got the base game and only the single player DLC, since I'm not interested in the multiplayer. Saved me around 1,5€.

Shoogoo

Do you want to play the totally dead multiplayer? If so, get the GOTY edition. If not, there's a few new outfits for Lara which look decent but are just cosmetic, and one tomb that you can finish in two minutes blindfolded.

Looks like I'll pass on all that, thank you very much!

Battleblock Theater worth it? I really want to buy something today :)

OmegaDL50

1) Borderlands 2 GOTY does NOT include: The Headhunter Packs (5 of them ATM) AND The Ultimate Vault Hunter’s Upgrade Pack 2

2) Sleeping Dogs Story DLC = Year of the Snake, Nightmare in North Point, Zodiac Tournament

The GOTY also doesn't have the 5th and 6th character classes.

Krieg and Gaige.

Can't decide whether to pick up Last Light Complete, or just wait and pick up the REDUX bundle in a sale next year. For context: I've played about 3 hours of Metro 2033 and intend to go back to it at some point (though if REDUX is out by then I'll probably just restart with that..).

Any GAF impressions of Betrayer? I liked what I saw in the Giant Bomb QL, but I've heard people on gaming podcasts people saying it feels very unfinished and disappointing?

Grief.exe

I get stingier and stingier the more Steam sales I see. You guys are saying buy MGSR, but I look at the price and think, no way in hell. Maybe two or three years ago I'd bite at a $15 game. Now my maximum is $3, my comfortable purchases more around $2.

I am okay with super low prices as impulse buys, because once you start going that low it doesn't feel so bad having them sit in your library unplayed. If you get Revengence now, and don't play it until after Christmas, you might have blown the opportunity to get it for $10, maybe even $5.

Obviously if you are spending that much on a game you want to play it right away. Once games dip down to $2 or $3 then there is little chance of them dipping lower in a subsequent sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom