• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

What makes it worth it other than the humor?
It's a pretty good platformer overall and there a lots of levels and collectibles.

Plus there's co-op and multiplayer if you're into that. It's really cheap right now too so if you're interested, now is the time to buy it.

Planetary Annihilation on sale! People that have played it, is it worth to get in the early access now? If I buy it in its current state, will I have the complete game when it's finished?

How is the game? It's being made by Total Annihilation and SupCom veterans, I'm a big fan of SupCom, even played the shitty 360 port.

Tellaerin

I'm the same way. I think it would have been just a neat little side thing. But then it turned into this giant pissing contest of "See how much money I spent on stupid cards instead of real games" or the fact that it's completely taken over this entire thread. Instead of discussions about how these games are awesome or what to buy, its a million posts of "Go my team Color! We are better than that other color". I guess its the same reason why I hate sports too.

I have to admit I don't really like what this particular metagame has done for the atmosphere of the sale thread. Up until now I've always looked forward to the sale threads - they've been a nice mix of people talking about the current deals and what they're playing now and the occasional bit of off-topic chatter, with a really pleasant, positive vibe. With this sale, though, half the posts seem to be, "Goooo team __________!" (Or "Team X rules, Team Y sucks!", or "It's rigged!") Kind of a bummer, to be honest.

masterkajo

Now you have my interest. What are the chances that I'll like this if I find GTA absolutely boring? Is the actual gameplay any good?

Don't get confused, it is still an open world game. But it has a lot of charm and the city really feels different than the typical GTA cities. Also, gameplaywise you won't be doing much shooting (there is some but far far less than in GTA). Instead you are doing a lot of hand to hand melee fighting. Similar to the Batman games, I'd say. Pretty well done overall. And the most important part for me was that I actually cared for the characters. I never do when playing GTA or another open world game. I was never interested in the stories (Assassin's Creed, GTA, Saint's Row... I tried my share). However, as I said, I liked the story of Sleeping Dogs and cared the its characters. Can't really say why. So for this price, I'd say go and see for yourself. Can't do much wrong.

Freezard

How much does one benefit from reading the comics before playing The Wolf Among Us?

And Borderlands 2 GOTY: Should I pick it up, or should I wait until there's a GOTY 2.0 pack that contains ALL the DLC?

Just pick it up. That's what I'm going to do... doubt they'll make a complete pack.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How much does one benefit from reading the comics before playing The Wolf Among Us?

I went in blindly without even knowing what Fables was about and I was immediately immersed. Telltale does a fantastic job in introducing you to the universe of the game

L.O.R.D

going to make some dinner but I leave you with this

18bl1vjfjj64igif.gif

EVnXObZ.gif

lol i fucked up the megagiver option >_> oh well the more the merrier I guess :/

i hope i can win this time

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Now you have my interest. What are the chances that I'll like this if I find GTA absolutely boring? Is the actual gameplay any good?

As someone who disliked GTA 4 and 5, I'd say Sleeping Dogs is one of the best open-world games last gen, and geniunely fun.

As someone who liked Walking Dead Season 1, will I like Wolf Among Us?

Fractal

Banned

And Borderlands 2 GOTY: Should I pick it up, or should I wait until there's a GOTY 2.0 pack that contains ALL the DLC?
Doubt you'll see that... the GOTY edition already contains every major piece of DLC. If you're in a rush to play it, now's the good time, the price is great.

gorfyako

Banned
I went in blindly without even knowing what Fables was about and I was immediately immersed. Telltale does a fantastic job in introducing you to the universe of the game

I've heard this, but I'm not wondering if I can go in blindly and enjoy it. I'm wondering how much more I'd enjoy it if I read the comics first.

And thanks for the Borderlands 2 questions, guess I'll pick it up.

I have to admit I don't really like what this particular metagame has done for the atmosphere of the sale thread. Up until now I've always looked forward to the sale threads - they've been a nice mix of people talking about the current deals and what they're playing now and the occasional bit of off-topic chatter, with a really pleasant, positive vibe. With this sale, though, half the posts seem to be, "Goooo team __________!" Kind of a bummer, to be honest.
Yeah, I've been sticking to Toma's Sale thread, you can actually have a discussion about games there. Pages and pages of team color crap is just boring, not what I was hoping for in the main Sales thread

Idk, maybe next year, a thread for the metagame stuff and a thread for game discussion?

Faerith

Neo Member
Is the DLC for Amalur actually worth the extra 5€, or should I only get the vanilla version?
(... once steam runs properly again... don't trust it right now T_T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom