• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Anyone not sure about whether or not to pick up GOTY Borderlands 2, just do it. Tiny Tina DLC is fantastic and makes it worth the price alone. Even if you don't like Tiny Tina as a character the game content is amazingly well designed and produced.

Blizzard

Banned
The team color battles were fun when Purple and Red were battling it out, now I'm a bit salty that it seems rigged to let every team get a win. I spent major cash, cards, and blood into this game only to now feel like it's...rigged.

polls_Smiley_Angry_256x256_3451_356175_answer_4_xlarge.png
Cash doesn't affect points, does it? I was buying games but not getting any points. Unless you mean cash to buy cards, or cash to buy games to farm cards with.

About it being rigged to let every team win: http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/28rpxj/operation_everyone_work_as_a_teamgive_every_team/

Sleeping Dogs is just so damn tempting... Sell me on it, GAF.

The game is just really fun, great combat, good story, the setting sets it apart from other similar games.
The gameplay in general is really good, not just the combat, traversing both on foot or in vehicles feels great.
I'm positive that you wont regret it.

The team color battles were fun when Purple and Red were battling it out, now I'm a bit salty that it seems rigged to let every team get a win. I spent major cash, cards, and blood into this game only to now feel like it's...rigged.

polls_Smiley_Angry_256x256_3451_356175_answer_4_xlarge.png

If it helps, it was probably always rigged.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I do this mostly every summer sale, so I wanted to do this again.

I believe this is also region locked to the United States, so enter with caution

Love this game! Great atmosphere, great story, great gunplay, great graphics, etc. And the people at 4A games are amazing developers!
Bugger, entered this before realising it was region locked, hope I don't win it now!

Halo 2

Banned
I seriously don't think it's possible to lose this text promotion.
up to #6

Probably has something to do with being on the superior pink team.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Probably gonna get Battleblock, I really want South Park, but even at that price, it seems like a tough sell.

Is South Park worth it for that price?

masterkajo

I do this mostly every summer sale, so I wanted to do this again.

I believe this is also region locked to the United States, so enter with caution

Love this game! Great atmosphere, great story, great gunplay, great graphics, etc. And the people at 4A games are amazing developers!

Oh bummer that it is region locked. Still awesome giveaway. I only hear good things about the game.

I'd recommend the Sleeping Dogs collection. You won't pay much more and some of the minor DLC have extra missions

lol daaaamn, okay how about now :p

Eegxmbw.png

ALSO, what's the high texture pack in the DLC list all about? Should I add that to the cart as well, or will it auto update to it?

unless you have some friends to play borderlands1 to play with, i'd skip it otherwise

i found it boring to play solo

I played through the first and second games on PS3 all alone. Haha I even remember some guy shouting down the mic in the second game as I kicked him upon joining, "This is bloody bullshit, it's a co-op game!!"

I've just never been a multiplayer kinda guy. Never understood the fascination behind it. For me, video games are my escape. My escape to magical worlds that I like to immerse myself in all alone.

Derp

Check this out.

oh and this as well:

0234_mdkcx.gif

and this:

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif

and don't forget this:

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

and last but not least:

iWpkspOBezPer.gif

It's GTA but with more karate moves, hacking minigames, and a much more like-able protagonist.

It's alright.

one of the best open world games. great story too. grab the hi-res texture pack and be prepared for one of the most gorgeous games too.

It's a pretty decent open world game with a fun beat'em'up combat system that's similar to yakuza with batman's countering system, if you like beat'em'up games, it's pretty relaxing to play and the setting is pretty rare for a western AAA game.
Sold! Thank you guys. And I'll definitely grab that texture pack.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
battleblock theatre 2pack price is now fixed btw

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Probably gonna get Battleblock, I really want South Park, but even at that price, it seems like a tough sell.

Is South Park worth it for that price?
Hell no. Console versions were $40 months ago.

denx

Anybody else having problems downloading games right now? The MGR download keeps getting interrupted and stopping for whatever reason. Only been able to download 740 mb so far. Also Batman Arkham Origins card drops are taking forerver. Maybe the servers are getting hammered?

Yeah, if you don't have Sleeping Dogs already, it's a better deal to just get the Complete Collection. Just make sure you disable the following Cheat DLCs in the game's Steam Properties before starting:
- Top Dog Gold (Tons of XP and cash)
- Top Dog Silver (More XP and cash)
- The High Roller Pack (Tons of cash, and some car/suit that can be unlocked normally)
- The Red Envelope Pack (Puts some collectibles on the map that give you a bunch of cash)

Zeliard

Reading up on more of the quirks of Ranger Mode in Metro: LL, it does really seem to be shoddily implemented. When you're hiding crucial information that the character himself should be able to ascertain, that in fact just makes it less immersive, on top of a likely aggravation. What a shame.

I'm not as big of a fan of sleepy dawgz as the rest of gaf, I thought it was competent and well excecuted and it honestly is utterly worth the current asking price. I just didn't think it was the saviour of open world games. The combat system might be one of the best though since it's just batman in an asian dude skin.

LiK

Considering The Wolf Among Us. If I love The Walking Dead games, will I like this one too? How do they differ?

it's much more of a detective mystery but really well written and full of atmosphere. awesome music and VO. definitely check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom