• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've been sticking to Toma's Sale thread, you can actually have a discussion about games there. Pages and pages of team color crap is just boring, not what I was hoping for in the main Sales thread

Idk, maybe next year, a thread for the metagame stuff and a thread for game discussion?

Game discussion? People actually play and talk about games?

denx

SGDQ 2014 Humble Bundle. 100% goes to charity.

fVfDyW2.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/sgdq

All those games are great, but that price point in the middle of a Steam sale isn't doing that bundle any favors
nor is the fact I have every game in that bundle except two.

BruteUA

Amazon matched Metal Gear, I had a gift card so I got it from there. It came with a $5 Amazon Appstore credit, if that matters.

I really hope I lose the raffle now.

Damn, I got Summer Adventure Card 6 (Premium), should I sell it now or wait later to do it?

Now now now. Those things will only go down in price. They MIGHT spike on the last day as people try to collect them, but more likely they will tank on the last day as people are desperate to sell them before they vanish.

SephiZack

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Battleblock Theater -- MB-668DBEA4C1F46B9C - Taken by Anustart. 44 entrants total.

t1403463979z1.png

Battleblock Theater giveaway

Athleon

Ok guys thanks for the advice on sleepy dawgs. If my steam bucks weren't running low I'd insta-buy but now I have to think about it. You definitely piqued my interest though.

Turfster

I don't believe anyone played the multiplayer in TR

Nope. It was horribly tacked on bulletpoint marketing bullshit and whoever forced the team to do it should feel bad.

How do people abuse giveaways? I thought it was random.
People don't contribute to the thread, just get the bare minimum to qualify, then sign up for everything even if they don't care for it, possibly for the +1, possibly to sell it on somewhere else.
It has happened, more than once.

Awful. I got excited for a second when I saw Machine for Pigs, but then I saw the lock and then I saw the $25 price tag. Why are some of these charity bundles priced so high? I imagine they'd make way more money with a $1 tier then they'll ever make with a flat $25 price.

Might have something to do with the "100% to charity" bit. I'd imagine it's easier for those developers to not get any profit from the bundle if there were less keys of their games flying around.

Kingdom of Amalur into my veins.

Brother accidentally bought wrong version of Borderlands 2, anyone had any success upgrading to the next version through steam support? He followed the article that said to buy the upgraded version right away and contact steam support to get the other remove from the account.

Dambrosi

Banned
Honestly those games don't look like they're worth the price.
They aren't. Proof that Humble Bundle isn't even trying to compete anymore.

By the way - Betrayer's £2.99 here in the UK for 6 more hours. What's the GAF consensus, as far as GAF can have a consensus?

is it normal for the browser version of steam to always default to dollars instead of local price? At least here on firefox, it's on dollar, but on chrome it's in BRL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you enter for every thing that's being given away without even being interested at the slightest for it, you're essentially an abuser

or, for example, you dont have the common decency of, after winning a "big" game, to not enter for the next "big" game. just common sense stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom