• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a slow laptop (samsung 530u3c) and going on a long trip soon. Any recommendations to look out for? I'm open for everything (well almost), thanks.
System Shock 2
Super Meat Boy
Two Brothers (A bit glitchy, though.)

Those are pretty light and are a good time. Also check out RetroArch if you got some retro stuff you want to finish on the road.

Everyone should buy/love Sleepy Dawgs.

Wei Shen MUTHAFUCKA!

65407-396x297-Dog_sleep.jpg

Buy it.

Fuck Dog Eyes.

masterkajo

Considering The Wolf Among Us. If I love The Walking Dead games, will I like this one too? How do they differ?

It is pretty similar in how they play. The story is obviously totally different. I did know nothing about it before playing and I am totally in love with it. Great characters and story. Go for it!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Surprise!

ModBot said:
Instructions for BY2K:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-EF0CDEE64E33D137 - Taken by UncleO. 93 entrants total.

t1403472813z1.png

Deadbeat

Banned
Reading up on more of the quirks of Ranger Mode in Metro: LL, it does really seem to be shoddily implemented. When you're hiding crucial information that the character himself should be able to ascertain, that in fact just makes it less immersive, on top of a likely aggravation. What a shame.
Ranger mode in metro 2033 let you look up your inventory in your journal and you still saw any QTEs in the game. Last light clearly half assed it.

I find it irritatingly hard to care about the sales metagame.

I'm the same way. I think it would have been just a neat little side thing. But then it turned into this giant pissing contest of "See how much money I spent on stupid cards instead of real games" or the fact that it's completely taken over this entire thread. Instead of discussions about how these games are awesome or what to buy, its a million posts of "Go my team Color! We are better than that other color". I guess its the same reason why I hate sports too.

milena87

Considering The Wolf Among Us. If I love The Walking Dead games, will I like this one too? How do they differ?

I'm personally liking it more than The Walking Dead. If you like a darker take on fairy tales and detective stories / mysteries, you'll love it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Have a slow laptop (samsung 530u3c) and going on a long trip soon. Any recommendations to look out for? I'm open for everything (well almost), thanks.

Anodyne should be playable on a toaster. If it goes on sale for a lower price than it is right now, buy it, it's sort of interesting.

Jokab

If you like TWD and you like Grimm stories (with a twist) you'll love this. It also has a better art style than TWD.

it's much more of a detective mystery but really well written and full of atmosphere. awesome music and VO. definitely check it out.

It is pretty similar in how they play. The story is obviously totally different. I did know nothing about it before playing and I am totally in love with it. Great characters and story. Go for it!

Thanks guys, I'll pick it up.

_hekk05

Banned
I do this mostly every summer sale, so I wanted to do this again.

I believe this is also region locked to the United States, so enter with caution

Love this game! Great atmosphere, great story, great gunplay, great graphics, etc. And the people at 4A games are amazing developers!

Hnnnng. I beat out 38 other contestants to win this! Thanks legacyzero!

I'll also be physically heading over to the states in 2 months, so I won't even have to break volvo's rules

JLeack

Banned
Okay. I now have:

FEZ
The Stanley Parable
Brothers

Apparently all of them are playable with a controller. My Xbox One controller is going to get a nice work out.

I am definitely looking out for more pick ups during this Summer Sale. They're SOOOO good.

tookhster

So there's no chance of MGR going lower than that right? As an MGS fan I've been waiting for this thing to hit below 10 bucks but I guess I can bite for 15.

Enthus

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-7EE76763D298416D - Taken by Speevy
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-ACD02F7C8BF84BCB - Taken by scorpscarx

I have tons of Humble codes lying around, so I suppose they should be given to someone who will play them! More will come.

I'm the same way. I think it would have been just a neat little side thing. But then it turned into this giant pissing contest of "See how much money I spent on stupid cards instead of real games" or the fact that it's completely taken over this entire thread. Instead of discussions about how these games are awesome or what to buy, its a million posts of "Go my team Color! We are better than that other color". I guess its the same reason why I hate sports too.

You have summarized how I feel about it pretty goddamn well :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-87BC692B0065E613 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 8 entrants total.

t1403463215z1.png

Good luck!

Caerith

How's Kingdom of Amalur?

Really enjoyable. It's the best action RPG around, and it has a ton of content. I never encountered a quest that was a bland "kill 10 bears" or "fetch 10 bear asses." Maybe I just missed those?

q5JC9iZ.png

(Admittedly, there are still a few dozen quest lines I didn't resolve.)

The quests I did encounter often had twists and choices and consequences. Nothing was as deep as the deepest that New Vegas goes, but neither was anything so shallow that it invoked a dualistic morality system that color-coded your choices.

The writing's alright-- the setting's really interesting.

The combat is really, really fun. Even the stealth kills are great-- they must have had someone whose only job was stealth kill animations, because there is quite a variety and they're all very satisfying.

Spinluck

It's pretty fun and according to the promo video the Steam version is in 1,000,000p, so there's that going for it.

Sweet, I'm buying the two pack for me and my bro.

I am also tempted to jump on sleeping dogs, I played the demo and fucking loved the combat. I think I'll do it.

gorfyako

Banned
How much does one benefit from reading the comics before playing The Wolf Among Us?

And Borderlands 2 GOTY: Should I pick it up, or should I wait until there's a GOTY 2.0 pack that contains ALL the DLC?

How's Kingdom of Amalur?

It's a singleplayer MMO, I dedicated 60 hours or so on xbox360 and could not take anymore. I was fairly close to the end too, but the game is just terribly boring, the combat is so yawny it's not even funny and I don't even know what the story is anymore since you spend 50000000 hours doing irrelevant sidequests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom