• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is trading working for anyone? Been trying to get Dead Rising 3 from a trader for over an hour to no avail...

ZoddGutts

ECR9arD.png

Only deal they'll be for Divinity: Original Sin for this steam sale. Best to get it now or wait till Fall Steam sales.

Amzin

Team Red. Awww yiss.

Also, bought a game already, for some reason I did not own Witcher 2 even though I'm pretty sure I did.
468px-Transistor_red_thumb.jpg

Speevy

Banned
check again near the end. there are still ...like 13 days left of deals.

Well I know that, believe it or not, some people are so obsessed with this stuff that they start creating those lists near the beginning. I'm talking about the indie/old games that are so cheap that dailies won't make them any cheaper.

So if I get this right, the only thing you get for being on the winning team is a fraction of a chance to win some games of your wishlist, and only if you contributed points for that day (and some extra summer sale cards)? Well that's something I guess :p

Lomax

Haha, the A Wizard's Lizard devs are trying to claim on the forums that they weren't inspired by Binding of Isaac at all.

I think that's honestly the most obvious and brazen lie I've ever heard in my entire life.

Especially since when they spammed me via Raptr about their Kickstarter, it was specifically due to my Binding of Isaac playtime. I can understand them not wanting people to just make that comparison though. We need more binding of isaac clones in the world in my opinion though.

That message (they changed the name before release):

Hey there, I hope you don't mind me messaging you like this (apologies if you do). I noticed you've played a lot of Binding of Isaac and Don't Starve. I'm working on an indie game that people tell me reminds them of BoI and I was wondering if you'd like to check it out. It's a Windows/Mac game on Kickstarter and there' s a browser-based demo too: http://www.cryptrun.com/ Cheers, -Matt

Tymerend

Team Blue signing in.

Finally picked up Far Cry 3, since I don't have much else in my backlog that's like it at the moment.

Trying to decide if I want to get X-Com.

masterkajo

EDIT: Nevermind. The page loaded and I can see now that 30 members of the winning team that helped score points will get 3 games of their wishlist.

Eusis

So will the games that have minor discounts now DEFINITELY be in a flash/daily sale?

Or is it still random?
Huge games like DSII will probably go on sale eventually, so yes probably.

Seriously, you NEED to learn to wait with this sale, else you'll want to go back in time just to beat the shit out of yourself for being dumb enough to jump at a sale ASAP.

EDIT: And how do you go ten years as a Steam member without knowing the first rule of sales. Must've just jumped on for HL2 or something...

Avatars if you want you want to use them while the sale is going on:

PNiGIgN.png
VydSr1Z.png
mEbLZvM.png
BVs7P5N.png
UPbWdVd.png

Would be great fun when people start team switching, *glares at team red*

Great, now I can't recognize anyone. Because you know names don't work without images, and you might as well name yourselves Yabba Dabba Doo! and I wouldn't notice.

dot

I am not sure about the winning of wishlist games yet. If your team wins and you helped score any points you are entered in the drawing of winning your wishlist? Also anyone who scored more than 30 points for the winning team wins the top 3 games on their wishlist? Is this correct?

Yes to the first question and no to the other one.

Team Blue signing in.

Finally picked up Far Cry 3, since I don't have much else in my backlog that's like it at the moment.

Trying to decide if I want to get X-Com.

From a fellow blue, you don't want xcom. You need it

it was free on psn but seriously awesome game

Arthea

Why nobody buys Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae? You know it's a fun game, don't you? and you can do insane comboing in it all day long.

zma1013

Okay I have to admit something. I've only played 2 of the games I bought from last year's sale and haven't beat any of them.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So if I get this right, the only thing you get for being on the winning team is a fraction of a chance to win some games of your wishlist, and only if you contributed points for that day (and some extra summer sale cards)? Well that's something I guess :p

Yeah, and apparently only 30 people (out of millions) will win games each day, good luck with that :p

Personally, I am not bothering with this meta-game, I'll just sell the cards and hopefully I'll be able to grab a cheap indie game with the money I make

Phawx

#TeamGreen remember that you can get points by forming regular badges as well. All Valve game trading cards are stupid cheap. Get on it.

For those with a few bucks to contribute to the team, consider getting foils. They aren't as turbulent as the regular cards, which means you ultimately be spending less if you were down to go 10 deep anyhow.

Regular cards are going for $0.40~ (ones you can grab that don't sell out) and foils are $2.70~ which means they are $.27 for 10.

Let's get it done #TeamGreen

Whools

The point deduction tokens are really cool, and would be a good way to keep all the teams within range of each other, but i doubt most people will understand/care about the game. They'll be too busy voting for borderlands 2 in the comm choice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WELL OKAY.

The three older games have a bundle, btw, save a few cents.

JDtjJYc.png

Also one of those games was apparently number 100. Not in diapers anymore!

qUcywxW.png

You've done well.
I really need to pick up Original Sin.

Yeah, and apparently only 30 people (out of millions) will win games each day, good luck with that :p

Personally, I am not bothering with this meta-game, I'll just sell the cards and hopefully I'll be able to grab a cheap indie game with the money I make

That's why I said a fraction of a chance :p I'm not getting my hopes up for that either, I won't even contribute many points. I just like the hype of being on a winning team lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom