• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Damn it, Durante.

dezyopQ.png

But I'm not playing it until it releases.

(Any of the other Divinity games worth playing?)

Yes, they are all* very good, especially the first (Divine Divinity) is amazing.

*I haven't played Dragon Commander yet

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, all this work is meesing around with my Summer Seal time. Luckily tomorrow is a national holiday, which means I'll spend all day playing with my PS3 reading the sale thread.

There's the possibility it'll hit 80%/85% off as a featured deal, but you're looking at a "loss" of $2 at the most, so if you're chomping at the bit to play it now I'd jump in.
NO. Daily deal or bust.

MRORANGE

Avatars if you want you want to use them while the sale is going on:

PNiGIgN.png
VydSr1Z.png
mEbLZvM.png
BVs7P5N.png
UPbWdVd.png

Would be great fun when people start team switching, *glares at team red*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nothing to worry about using Steam Achievement Manager to idle right?

If you'd rather not use a third-party program you can opt for this little trick. Note that it only works with games that make use of CEG/"Steam DRM" (i.e. loading the game requires the presence of the Steam client), but as this describes at least 90% of Steam's catalogue, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding something to use.

Edit: Use your badge page to get the app ids. Copy/paste the game page URL into the text file and delete everything except the number -- e.g. http://steamcommunity.com/id/YourIDhere/gamecards/264140/ becomes 264140.

Santiako

Almost all. Beyond Divinity isn't particularly good.

You should fix that. The campaign isn't too long!

True about Beyond Divinity, I actually forgot about it.

Dragon Commander I'm waiting for a 75% off, I already bought M&MX and Original Sin, so I'm not in a hurry for it :p

Snakepit

Get ARMA II. Play Overpoch. Much better.

In my opinion no. Get Arma 2 for cheap and play the various Dayz mods, at least that way you'll get a whole game of some form and still experience Dayz. The current Dayz is serious straight alpha as it says. There's barely any game there and what's there is broken. Wait until final release and re-evaluate a sale purchase.

The jury has spoken, I'll do this, interesting though hearing that it is still in alpha its been like that for a while even when I heard about it becoming its own standalone game back when

Myshkin

Is Sins of a Solar Empire a well liked game here?

I'm disappointed in it.

It's a straight RTS. There's no story like Homeworld or even Distant Worlds.
The pause function does not work. Considering that, the lowest speed setting is too fast.
Everything is generic, except for the special abilities assigned to ships; but you won't have time to select those ships; you're too busy building, researching, and moving stuff around.
You have to move colony ships separately; they won't go into the fleets.
Background music was appropriate and good enough.
At 1080p the space battles did not seem to show much detail; but at least that can entertain you with some flash and boom; it's not like MOO in that respect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sends gift to the koala king

...doesnt accept it

must be busy eating kangaroos while petting giant spiders :(

Chariot

So, I heard some of you were unsure weither to buy The Last Remnant or not. Maybe you don't have to.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Remnant -- MB-6BC428774A1A55AF

t1403216539z1.png

HowZatOZ

Banned
I have a 0 in 1 chance to win anything from this point thing and luckily badges mean squat to me, so sales it is!

Someone sell me on Divinity as I've been keeping an eye on it but can't completely justify pulling the trigger. Also will that be it's cheapest price?

Jomjom

Banned
I don't get it. I can sign in my mobile app but I can't sign in in browser. Can't join a team from the mobile app. =(

Is the site broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom