• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Wasteland 2 keys are up on Ranger Center for poor-tier backers.

Ahmygawd it's in my library!!

Ahmygawd it's 27 gigs!!

SZWXfX1.jpg

SPl8AcS.jpg

OmegaDL50

Okay guys, you are really convincing me to pluck money down for Divinity: Original Sin.

Hell I already own Divinity 2 Director's Cut.

Either the game is that damn good or GAF is hyping it.

How do you know which community vote won? I still have 14 minutes to go here.
Scroll down and you'll see something like this...

Community's Choice
Choose from two sets of games and cast your vote for which type
should go on sale next as the Community’s Choice.
Every 3 votes gets you a Summer Adventure trading card
Subject to availability. Restrictions apply.
Voting has ended! Winner goes on sale in 00:13:03
The winner was... Action - RPG

Lomax

Given that Valdis Story has been that cheap before, and the rest of the games had been bundled, the choice with two fairly recent releases in it made a lot more sense.

JSoup

Banned
So, thoughts.
FF14 is currently $20.
Think it'll get cheaper or should I just stop being a baby and jump on it?

The_Monk

OMG, I think this might be the first unhappy post I've ever read by The Monk. Look what you people did!

Cheer up, fellow Gaffer!

Nah, that was actually a reference to last year sale my good man!

Because I had won a game but then decided to give it to another GAFfer, later on, a similar think happened to Salsa and he did the same.

I called those a PLOT TWIST moment.

End of story. :D

Ibuki

Banned
Wasteland 2 + Pink Team + First card being foil. Pretty good start to the sale. Gonna snag the XCOM DLC. Eyeballing Ikaruga but I wonder if it will be a daily. :eek:

Speevy

Banned
Rhaknar: I didn't want a random winner. That's why I did it my way.

Modbot doesn't get people talking about games. That's why I don't use it.

Plus, Salsa answered first. Him not winning outright was my fault for editing my post with the stipulation.

Anyway, we're getting off track. Please talk about steam sales and not my giveaway. I'm not a game developer or journalist, this was my money. It's done. Move on.

Athleon

What the hell community voters? I wanted Valdis Story :(

The other option wasn't even that interesting... 33% sale hype I guess.

So Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines isn't too bad. Took me a long time to get all the patches, fixes, and mods installed before playing.

It's very gothic, which I don't like so much (for example, my guy started out with a freakin nipple ring A NIPPLE RING (I had to recreate him so that didn't happen)). The controls are weird as well. I can use a gun in first person, but can only use melee weapons in 3rd person. So imagine playing Skyrim, and everytime you swing your sword. The game goes into 3rd person all of a sudden. That's what it's like. Lastly, all the conversation answers are linked to 1-7. So to answer any questions, you have to press 1-7 which is weird. I'm playing this game with a controller, so it definitely doesn't feel right for me.

While I said all this bad stuff, I still think I'll enjoy the game. I like open world games like these. Especially ones that lets me make my character whatever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom