• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mcfishstick, I'm not trying to be rude. I don't even like entering raffles, because I have enough money in my Steam account to get most of the cheap games I want. I just think that the type of people who give away lots of games aren't the type of people who would enter raffles like these.

It's steam sale and you can find lots of great games for cheap, you don't need to spend big. I spent less than 3€ for Rogue Legacy.

Stable framerate, first and foremost.
The ability to push that framerate to 60ffps (I think it's buggy though, because the game wasn't designed for it).
Also, if you never spent $15 on the DLC for consoles, there's that too.

You can't jump as far in 60 FPS and I think some of the ladders are broken. The addition of the DLC is a great point though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Again, thanks everyone. My questions in this thread are going to seem very novice-level because these aren't the sorts of games I play, but they are the sorts of games my girlfriend plays. I just gave her a PC, and as a long time 3DS gamer, she's experiencing PC gaming for the first time.

She loves story-driven games a la Mass Effect and adventure games like Zelda.
Not really similar to either, but has she played the original Deus Ex? If she can put up with the 14 years old graphics, there's an incredible game behind it, and one that still holds up perfectly well today.

Darksiders is also kinda similar to the 3D Zelda games, I'd describe it as a mix between that and God of War-like combat. I didn't like it very much myself, and I stopped at the boss of the first dungeon, but she may enjoy it more.

If she wants to experience a deconstruction of the illusion of choice in games, The Stanley Parable is a magnificent title. It can also be described as a "non-game" or "walking simulator" (though I disagree with the former), but I loved it anyway.

I'm going to jump on the party pooper train and say 90% of the humor in To The Moon was absolutely terrible, and that the characters were all basically written the exact same way. There's no differentiation in speaking style between a five year old kid and a sixty year old woman.
OK, OK, I admit it, my tastes suck! Take my recommendations with a grain of salt, lol

Sorry mcfishstick, I'm not trying to be rude. I don't even like entering raffles, because I have enough money in my Steam account to get most of the cheap games I want. I just think that the type of people who give away lots of games aren't the type of people who would enter raffles like these.

I see it as more of a "thank you" sort of raffle for giving to the community.

So, uh, total noob question here.

I just bought the two DLC packs for Lego Marvel. When they downloaded, Steam put up a screen asking if I wanted to install them. I hadn't installed the core game yet, though, so I clicked over into my library and installed it... but now I can't find any sign of the DLC or how to install it?

I've never bought DLC for a game before, please forgive my complete stupidity here D:

JakeD

indiegala gift links -
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

dead bits -- MB-7A5BAABB1BBB64CA - Taken by Dusk Golem
kill fun yeah -- MB-CC978ADEF42CD64A - Taken by drakaenae
EDGE -- MB-9A349FE92BFA156F
8 bit commando -- MB-A1B6F3D4445E4E3C - Taken by nexen

sprinkles

I am a "mega-giver" and I have certainly not given away much. Just the odd spare here and there, bundles are plenty and many games occur in those more than once or twice.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I just bought the two DLC packs for Lego Marvel. When they downloaded, Steam put up a screen asking if I wanted to install them. I hadn't installed the core game yet, though, so I clicked over into my library and installed it... but now I can't find any sign of the DLC or how to install it?

I've never bought DLC for a game before, please forgive my complete stupidity here D:

If you right click on the game in your library click properties, you can see a DLC tab there. You'll see a list of DLC you own for the game and checkmarks next to what you have installed.

DLC should install automatically when you install the core game.

steadfast

I thought I'd be able to hold out for a Saints Row IV complete package, but $10 has me rethinking it.

Is any of the DLC substantial? It all looks cosmetic/dumb to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If all those times you saw that $1 bundle and thought "only need 2 games out of 6 so pass!" instead of thinking "oh its $1? lol ill keep my 2 games and give the rest to SteamGaf" you would be a megagiver easily. Megagiver isnt even about money, as Frosty The Snowman said the other day, you could be a megagiver by spending like 3 bucks easily.

The megagiver tag is, at least in my opinion, for those games that are a little more expensive than the usual bundle fodder and that should go for people that actually care and participate in the community.

And if you aint down with that, well... I guess I got 2 words for ya

6e3dbd5d_2u3yxkg.gif

I only really put the megagiver rule on this one since its on a lot of steamgaf wishlists who giveaway a lot of games. RTS games are also some of my favourite so I might have gone overboard on rules due to excitement.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but just wanted to give back something I really liked to generous people.

BruteUA

Journal, Day 5........

The natives begin to get restless. There's over a week to go, and I shudder at the thought of what things will be like come Day 10. I'm gathering what weapons I can find and preparing to dig in......................

CassSept

I knew to expect to be blown away, but I didn't expect that... Metal Gear Rising's opening makes Bayonetta's opening look like a normal game.

THIS was the FIRST boss?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Entered for Puzzle Bots. Thanks for the chance!

edit: and won it as well. Thank you so much. :D
I thought that game was pretty funny and charming, with puzzles that will make you think for a bit, but that aren't very hard (which is great for someone who sucks at point & click adventure/puzzle games, like me). Hope you enjoy it!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Another note: she suffers from motion sickness in FPS games.

Asian stereotype joke here

Would it be worth popping a thread up asking for recommendations? Won't it get swamped in here? I just popped in and about 50 pages have gone past, so I'm sure people will miss your posts that could otherwise help with suggestions.

Opiate

Would it be worth popping a thread up asking for recommendations? Won't it get swamped in here? I just popped in and about 50 pages have gone past, so I'm sure people will miss your posts that could otherwise help with suggestions.

Yes, it would. I'll do that tonight.

JustLynx

A reminder before I go to bed...
G'night!

Attention!!!
This Steam key is restricted to US CA MX PR BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC
Please don't enter if you're not from those countries...
Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

t1403633764z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom