• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A reminder before I go to bed...
G'night!

Attention!!!
This Steam key is restricted to US CA MX PR BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC
Please don't enter if you're not from those countries...
Good luck!

no PT

first you fuck us in the world cup, now you fuck us in giveaways. Dat Ronaldo hate :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I knew to expect to be blown away, but I didn't expect that... Metal Gear Rising's opening makes Bayonetta's opening look like a normal game.

THIS was the FIRST boss?

Oh you should see Bayonetta 2 then, it goes even farther.

Lomax

Again, thanks everyone. My questions in this thread are going to seem very novice-level because these aren't the sorts of games I play, but they are the sorts of games my girlfriend plays. I just gave her a PC, and as a long time 3DS gamer, she's experiencing PC gaming for the first time.

She loves story-driven games a la Mass Effect and adventure games like Zelda.

I'd recommend Ittle Dew, it's a Zelda-style game that's a bit more puzzle heavy. I don't think I'd pay the $5 it is right now, but it's been bundled a few times and I guess it could hit 75% off on a flash sale (though it seems unlikely). I think it's a much better and more enjoyable game than Anodyne which just falls so deep into its own weirdness that it never comes back out.

cicero

well i'm not one of those people that went crazy for the sixth sense (tho i liked unbreakable a lot) and haven't bothered with much of his other movies (i only watch this cos it had the zooey) but the happening is so unbelievably bad it's hard to imagine people weren't doing it on purpose

like, i can't remember the exact phrase or whatever but there's this whole scene where mark whalberg is like scared of a plastic plant in a model house that can't possibly be an attempt at suspense

Somewhere along the line I came to the conclusion that I should never underestimate Shyamalan's ability to seriously write and direct mind numbingly ridiculous movies while still believing in his own assumed brilliance. His movie "Lady in the Water" basically summed this up for me.

vermadas

Rogue Legacy is a thoroughly mediocre game. The mechanic where you choose a different hero each play that inherits some of the good/bad abilities of their predecessors is its only redeeming quality. I find the core gameplay quite lackluster. It's like if you took one of the Igavania games completely randomized the rooms in the castle, made the enemies and art as generic as possible, and then added a whole lot of floatiness to the physics.

All in my opinion of course :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Another note: she suffers from motion sickness in FPS games.

Asian stereotype joke here
Does she like brawlers? In my opinion, Remember Me was a really good game with a very interesting story and beautiful vistas. It's extremely linear, so she won't be annoyed by an open world, and it's third person, so she won't get sick (hopefully). I found the combat to be good, but some people hate it, so keep that in mind.

If she likes exploration (but not in a vast world) and character progression by acquiring new items, she may enjoy Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Please tell me to stop if I'm completely wrong with my recommendations :p

L.O.R.D

am i doing the giveaway wrong ?

i am sending the pm to modbot like this

subject : name of the gave away
the message :
Inversion -- MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272
or i just should put it like this :
MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

?

rtcn63

the message :
MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

?

Either will work. Subject name doesn't matter. Be quirky.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you meant entering, not registering.

OK, OK, I admit it, my tastes suck! Take my recommendations with a grain of salt, lol

Hey, I'm not harshing, just disagreeing! The more perspectives, the better chance somebody buys something they'll enjoy. I'm not pretending my view is the right one here.

Just to be clear, my girlfriend isn't a big fan of sprawling, open world games with tons of lore, a la Witcher and Elder Scrolls.

Maybe KOTOR then?

Accoun

The I'm Totally Not Just Giving These Away To Qualify As A Mega Giver Giveaway
Don't hate me

Thanks for Dwarfs!?. The f2p version was my go-to "game for a really short while". Now I can be able to take it to another level!
I think higher difficulty levels were among the locked things, so yeah...

Lkr

are there any puzzle packs on sale or anything? i'm really hoping lumines goes on sale at some point, but it isn't discounted at all, leading me to believe it won't go on sale period :(

Opiate

Does she like brawlers? In my opinion, Remember Me was a really good game with a very interesting story and beautiful vistas. It's extremely linear, so she won't be annoyed by an open world, and it's third person, so she won't get sick (hopefully). I found the combat to be good, but some people hate it, so keep that in mind.

If she likes exploration (but not in a vast world) and character progression by acquiring new items, she may enjoy Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Please tell me to stop if I'm completely wrong with my recommendations :p

I'll have her take a look and she what she thinks! These recommendations are good, precisely because they're all over the place. We've only been dating for three months, so her taste is still relatively new to me, and even she doesn't know her taste, because she's never PC gamed before. We're willing to experiment, here. I'll put up a thread tonight.

the message :
MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

?

From Modbot guide:

Putting it all together
PM to ModBot, title: register some awesome games
Body:
Bad Rats - ABCD-EFGH-IJKL
Age of Empires - MNOP-QRST-UVWX
RECEIPT
NOWINNERSWEEKLY
ANONYMOUS
BLOCK Stumpokapow

Your first line is the right one.

Mokoi

Banned
Oh, you guys giving away so many games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Castle Crashers -- MB-F693D691CE546607 - Taken by johnssy123
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-81E11997E0D34D9D - Taken by Madrugador

curse you m&ms
bwTxBOF.png

9WdLXiA.png

What's odd though is I added the funds yesterday morning and got this exact same messages but eventually it went away and I was free to use the market up until this morning.

Thanks whoever invited me to the group, and hi to all my new friends. Maybe I can find some people to try Nosgoth with (among other games I ended up buying).

Can't resist damn sales.

Kiru

The GoG version is faaaaaaar superior to the Steam version. Don't even consider picking up the Steam version tbh

Or get the steam version because you're an OCD type of person and then copy the gog files into your steam game folder. magic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I'm not harshing, just disagreeing! The more perspectives, the better chance somebody buys something they'll enjoy. I'm not pretending my view is the right one here.
Oh, I didn't mean it that way, sorry! I'm just saying that this isn't the first time some GAFfers disagree with my recommendations, so it could very well be that I have weird tastes.

Sorry if I came out to be like I was accusing you of criticizing my opinions, I didn't mean to say that at all! It was self-criticism, lol

Blue Team, I'm one card away from crafting the Summer Adventure Badge.

Need: #10
Want: #2 or #5

PM me if interested. That's 10 more points for the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom