• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Thanks to everyone for adding me.

Now for a short giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-F14ED9CF175502AD - Taken by zonezeus. 22 entrants total.

t1403558124z1.png

Facism

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command and Conquer 3 Uprising -- MB-B2532ECD7F5C7180 - Taken by gaiadyne
Mirrors Edge -- MB-62BE3537CAE60652 - Taken by Vlad
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-9A62309B995EDCB0 - Taken by redfirm
Cortex Command -- MB-2F9E46E1419799C2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

Some shyte left over in my humble bundle library. Have at it. C&C3 is an expansion that doesn't require the base game.

Sendou

I enjoyed Castle Crashers a lot when I played it so I hope whoever wins this also gives it a fair shake! No doubt in my mind BattleBlock Theater is also a quality experience.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-ADB7C5F41FB0DD9A - Taken by S1n1st3r. 47 entrants total.

t1403568124z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Somewhere along the line I came to the conclusion that I should never underestimate Shyamalan's ability to seriously write and direct mind numbingly ridiculous movies while still believing in his own assumed brilliance. His movie "Lady in the Water" basically summed this up for me.

i dunno i guess i just haven't been personally hurt by him like you have

Eusis

curse you m&ms
bwTxBOF.png

9WdLXiA.png

What's odd though is I added the funds yesterday morning and got this exact same messages but eventually it went away and I was free to use the market up until this morning.
I had similar happen for me, though I realized I screwed up the address in my haste to use the code.

Bah, should've bought up the rest of the cards for the Steam giveaway than sat on them for when/if Green won again, at least it should resolve itself one way or the other on the final day so I can get the badge then at worst. :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-81E11997E0D34D9D - Taken by Madrugador

how fitting

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have her take a look and she what she thinks! These recommendations are good, precisely because they're all over the place. We've only been dating for three months, so her taste is still relatively new to me, and even she doesn't know her taste, because she's never PC gamed before. We're willing to experiment, here. I'll put up a thread tonight.
Making a thread would be a good idea, sure! Do you know if she has played in any other console that wasn't the 3DS? That could give you an idea of her experience with games, or what genres pique her interest.

Finally grabbed Spelunky, and I'm thinking about getting Forced, any feedback on the latter?
If you have a couple friends and they like simpler gauntlet like games go for it. It's pretty fun, starts off easy ramps up quickly. My group has a mix of controllers and keyboards and there is no difference there.

am i doing the giveaway wrong ?

i am sending the pm to modbot like this

subject : name of the gave away
the message :
Inversion -- MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272
or i just should put it like this :
MB-3CD3BF4D3B848272

?

You need the word "register" in the title subject line.

The body/message need to include Name of game + the key for the game.

Ex.

Inversion: 12A4-1B34-123C

Modbot will give you a PM with the info needed to post.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so if i want to buy dark souls 2 , according to that gaf

in97FH08IuNdI.png

am i supposed to wait ????

yes although the chances it actually is a daily/flash have worsten now that Dark Souls 1 was a deal and the sequel wasnt also a deal as part of the franchise.

but you never know

Arthea

are there any puzzle packs on sale or anything? i'm really hoping lumines goes on sale at some point, but it isn't discounted at all, leading me to believe it won't go on sale period :(

slim chance of that happening ever again, but there are some puzzle games on sale:
PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords (brilliant game, have been cheaper though)
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe (good price right now)
10,000,000 - another great game, more of a roguelike and can be frustrating at times.

there are a lot more if you are interested, more conventional ones too.
No packs though, except for some pacman

def sim

Mokoi, that was very generous of you. Thank you for the giveaway.

so if i want to buy dark souls 2 , according to that gaf

am i supposed to wait ????

It's currently at 33% off, so it's possible we'll see it at a better discount. The original is currently a daily and we didn't see any change, so it's also entirely possible 33% is where it'll stay.

Eusis

If Dark Souls is on sale, Dark Souls II will be on sale. Usually when a game from a series goes on sale, so do the other games in the series.
Dark Souls II is still going for the same price as before. Either it's separate unlike most series, or this time it's not seeing a deeper discount period. Wait until the final day in that case then.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have bad news for you.

I know, it's not any further on sale, but that likely means Dark Souls II will see no further sale this sale. That said, you can wait for the last day, but almost always when a game in a series goes on sale, the other entries in the series will also go on sale if they are to receive a further sale.

curse you m&ms
bwTxBOF.png

9WdLXiA.png

What's odd though is I added the funds yesterday morning and got this exact same messages but eventually it went away and I was free to use the market up until this morning.

I managed to fix this by deleting my CC card that was registered on Steam and then re-entering my CC information. I waited for a bit and then I could use the market again.

I logged out and logged back in and I couldn't use the market again. When I get home I'll try the CC re-enter trick.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
If Dark Souls is on sale, Dark Souls II will be on sale. Usually when a game from a series goes on sale, so do the other games in the series.

sadly this is not true for recent/new games.

More to the point, Dark Souls is currently a daily deal and DS2 is not discounted further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom