• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I was going to say:

Pick a game off my wishlist, and then send gift through steam to corrosivefrost.
You've taken out the modbot middleman and everyone wins.

But now I want you to give away Divinity OS for Rhaknar-senpai.

I'll give away a game that you already own, because we all know that you have hacked Modbot

ModBot said:
Instructions for PandaPandaPanda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-FE14DD661BDFC36D - Taken by sabanoo. 14 entrants total.

t1403638419z1.png

good luck

Hugstable

Banned
I really want to enter but famfrit still hasn't gotten back to me on whether or not he purposely submitted fake keys into modbot. :(

:(. I remember that giveaway happening out of like nowhere last night. I went and made a sandwich, came back and the thing was already done.

Expanding game options past binary morality while at the same time forcing the player to do something that is clearly heinous (and ostensibly call their action a choice) is not the ideal solution.

maybe if i keep spending money dollars gaben will love me

I saw his back in person once. It seemed friendly. I think it's worth a shot.

Expanding game options past binary morality while at the same time forcing the player to do something that is clearly heinous (and ostensibly call their action a choice) is not the ideal solution.

maybe if i keep spending money dollars gaben will love me

Such is life in the wastes

Colby

Oh sweet, I can? I've been looking for multiplayer RPG games and this might fit the bill nicely.
I found the details from the official site:

"People who haven’t purchased the game can’t host private servers or join multiplayer games. Single player games are also restricted; unpaid users can try the game offline in Demo Mode, which allows travel through Balzackia and has a level cap of 10."

I would just pay the $7.49 and go to town with your bad self. Midgard is the most popular server for now, so I would suggest joining that one. PM me if you want more details so we don't clog up the thread.

What's everyone think of Blackguards?

Very tempted. Looks pretty awesome.

I was just doing some reading on this and it seems to have a few bugs with at least one of them game breaking.
The dev's have said in the last 10hrs that it will be getting patched by the end of the month but this was after a long silence.

I'm going to leave it i think.

Hugstable

Banned
Yep, it's a sequel of sorts as far as I know. I haven't played it, so whoever wins will have to let me know how it is. :p

Oh cool, I'll enter in then. The first game was some scary shit, but it was still a pretty neat game with the puzzles and such. Didn't know they made a sequel

Fuck it.

MYSTERY TIME.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-28AEBDEF4F2F1851 - Taken by DSix

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Fallout games are 2.49 each.

Hmmm, sort of want Fallout 1 and 2. I'll have to consider it, forget that it's on sale, and then feel bad when the price jumps up.

Although I wish the price of the pack was 75% off instead of 66%.

That can't be right. Cherry Tree High is at 3,99€ right now. Is the price so much different in the states?!Nice! Diving right in! Oh scratch that. It wasn't a raffle :/

It's $3.99 in the US. That's still cheaper than 3,99€ by ~$1.50 though.

3phemeral

:(. I remember that giveaway happening out of like nowhere last night. I went and made a sandwich, came back and the thing was already done.

Yeah, I "lucked" out because the thread had just updated and I already saw two posts loaded afterward. I was convinced I'd lose it, but I tried it anyway. Famfrit had a total of 3 giveaways and all the keys that were submitted were confirmed to be junk keys, so it's possible he was trolling but I don't want to enter another Dark Souls II giveaway without knowing for sure since it'd be unfair to the other participants.

nexen

Exactly. At least cater to the play styles you expect your audience to have. What percentage of people white knight their way through morality choices in rpgs? I'm guessing most. While it awesome to have to choose between the lesser of two evils in a game Obsidian made it so that I had to be a murdering asshole to see any ending at all. Not cool.
Witcher 1 did grey choices much better.

Wicked ollie
aahhaha

Well it seems I fucked up (it was Nuclear Dawn). Congrats to whoever got it.

So fuck it.

MYSTERY TIME REDUX.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-092298D14E14F233 - Taken by Junko. 63 entrants total.

t1403638923z1.png

Ibuki

Banned
For a new page, a few minutes left guys!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs -- MB-22FF7412BE00850D - Taken by xptoxyz. 55 entrants total.

t1403638369z1.png

I am also one of the people who liked Fallout 3 better than New Vegas, but never really had any good reasons as to why. The closest I've ever come to explaining it is that Fallout 3 was one of the first modern games of its type I'd ever played, and everything felt super new and interesting, whereas New Vegas was the same basic idea with better writing and some gameplay tweaks.

I remember seeing Megaton as soon as I walked out of the vault and then fucking around in the bombed-out neighbourhood and the nearby abandoned school for an hour, discovering the gang inside the school, and realizing there would be a ton of stuff just like this in the game. By the time New Vegas came around, not only had I gotten used to that feeling of exploration, but the game had gone out of its way to warn me not to wander aimlessly (and then reinforced that directive by littering the landscape with high-powered monsters you had no hope of killing at the start of the game).

Ultimately I think New Vegas made more of your choices and had more interesting factions, but Fallout 3 felt better for just wandering around the world and finding new things everywhere you went. Oh, and on a more superficial level: every third person in New Vegas was voiced by the same guy that did Akihiko's voice in Persona 3 and once you hear that, you can't unhear it.

Also, I'm sorry for anyone whose New Vegas experience I just ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom