• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Guys, should I get Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 or 2? I think it was 1 that played years ago, so it might have nostalgia on it's side, but they do look similar. I prefer the look of these two over the third game, so not gonna get that.

Ibuki

Banned
Mokoi you are a saint among men (or women?). My first gift of the sale and the best one I could have asked for! Finally I get to play this amazing game.

32YK63c.png

ZeroCDR

I loved Fallout 3 to bits, hundreds of hours lost in that game.

New Vegas? I've been sitting around 12 hours for months.. It just doesn't have that spark for me.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Think my question got buried. Has anyone played Speedrunners?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207140

Really awesome game with friends! I rarely had so much fun with a game, I highly recommend it!

If a mix between Mario Kart and Mario Brothers sound like a good idea to you buy this game.

It just got a update with more runners, the steam workshop is alive and kicking and the game will only get better from here

The_Monk

When I first opened my Steam account in 2011, I quickly built my library to over 20 with just a couple of indie bundles and some generous friends.

When I bought my PS3, Liquidmetal14 let me share his account and I quickly gained access to dozens of games.

In 2002, Garp at Teamxbox bought me an Xbox plus 6 games.

I have always been the recipient of generous folks, and I think that spreading gaming beyond our own homes is something everyone should do if they can.

It's for the greater good.

The greater good.

I like this post. This post warmed my heart. :)

nexen

The people saying Fallout 3 is far better. Explain, elaborate. Why do you think so? You enjoy lack of factions, worse writing, black and white choices, etc?

I liked the factions in F:NV and hardcore mode. I seriously despised that there was no way to get to the end of the game without doing something despicable. I play these games to be the hero, not to be beat over the head with "REAL LIFE ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE" throughout the game.

DC wasteland was super fun to explore.
Mojave wasteland felt empty and boring. I did like the
plant zombie vault
though.

I liked F:NV, don't get me wrong, but I adored F3 so much more.
edit: the writing was weaker in F3. Agreed. But it only really ever bothered me in the two usual spots people poke fun at.

Double

Keys are not automatically redeemed.
If they are classic keys where you have to click to uncover them, you can still copypaste the steam key.
If they are new keys since they introduced account linking, you click the gift icon after the bar and it'll generate a "copy this link" message, which you can then give to people to gift the game.
Okay, I hope you are right. Guess I'd really taken the FTL already then.

Khronico

Man I jump back in this thread and some of you are saying FO3 is better than New Vegas?

3436205-7911963661-no-no.gif

Also that 50% off ghosts is hilarious. I could go on amazon right now and buy a new console copy for 20. Not that I would want to.

Ibuki

Banned
I liked the factions in F:NV and hardcore mode. I seriously despised that there was no way to get to the end of the game without doing something despicable. I play these games to be the hero, not to be beat over the head with "REAL LIFE ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE" throughout the game.

DC wasteland was super fun to explore.
Mojave wasteland felt empty and boring. I did like the
plant zombie vault
though.

I liked F:NV, don't get me wrong, but I adored F3 so much more.
edit: the writing was weaker in F3. Agreed. But it only really ever bothered me in the two usual spots people poke fun at.

Awesome. I'm glad I got a serious reply explaining why. They are both amazing games but after playing NV I couldn't imagine going back to replay F3. I might be in the minority hoping that Bethesda develops 4 but lets Obsidian write it.

You guys should pick up Brothers. It's one of the best games I've played in years and well worth it for the price. I payed full and was very happy about it.

I paid 6$ and felt extremely ripped off.

5dkNhwv.png

He called me dear! ・:*:・(*/////∇/////*)・:*:・

Urrr.

You missed the sarcasm.
What did you do to replace me on Rhaknar-senpai's WORST list?
Cause he must really hate you to have gifted you that.

It's good.

It's a fantastic game. It's also one of the best examples of how to run an Early Access. It's updated regularly with new characters, maps and features. They communicate well with the players, and regularly discount the game so more can join in.

Think of it as a platforming Mario Kart.

Really awesome game with friends! I rarely had so much fun with a game, I highly recommend it!

If a mix between Mario Kart and Mario Brothers sound like a good idea to you buy this game.

It just got a update with more runners, the steam workshop is alive and kicking and the game will only get better from here

It's a good game and can bring hours of fun playing with your friends.

Thanks guys. I'm asking because it "looks" really fun. We all know looks can be deceiving though lol. I doubt it becomes a daily/flash but I'll wait to buy until the last day of the sale just in case.

Pand

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs -- MB-E8224F364D4CE28D - Taken by Kuroyume
Guns Of Icarus -- MB-D56078FAA0F418D2 - Taken by astrogamer

t1403647668z1.png

Good luck!

Mokoi

Banned
Another reminder

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II -- MB-3EB9D9956AED776E

t1403657668z1.png

Accoun

Guys, should I get Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 or 2? I think it was 1 that played years ago, so it might have nostalgia on it's side, but they do look similar. I prefer the look of these two over the third game, so not gonna get that.

IIRC 1 had better scenarios, but 2 had more normal content. You should be able to find RCT1 scenarios converted for RCT2 - so if you find them, then get the second one.

Went to best Buy to get the Razer mouse deal. When I redeem my steam card, I get this message:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Your code could not be redeemed at this time.
Please contact Steam Support."

Anyone else have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom