• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

IIRC 1 had better scenarios, but 2 had more normal content. You should be able to find RCT1 scenarios converted for RCT2 - so if you find them, then get the second one.

Thanks for this. I'm extremely lazy, and am mostly buying to relive some nostalgia, so I think I'll go with 1. It's cheaper, too.

Zeliard

I liked the factions in F:NV and hardcore mode. I seriously despised that there was no way to get to the end of the game without doing something despicable. I play these games to be the hero, not to be beat over the head with "REAL LIFE ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE" throughout the game

Yes, binary morality is always super interesting. You must think Mass Effect's Paragon/Renegade system is ingenious.

For me, there's no question which is better between FO3 and FO:NV. Fallout 3 feels like Bethesda wrote their usual, generic fantasy story and then threw a Fallout coat of paint on it. "We need valiant white knights." "Oh, I've got it, just alter the Brotherhood of Steel."

Fallout: New Vegas feels like Fallout. It's true to the roots of that series, clearly built by a team that actually cares about the previous games. But beyond having respect for its own series, New Vegas just makes all-around gameplay improvements and offers top tier writing. Bethesda, in my experience, has never reached what Obsidian is capable of in writing.

I get that for Bethesda fans the game isn't about the mechanics or the writing. It's about having any reason to explore a world at will. For that, I can see why the Fallout 3 overworld is more appealing. But for me, coming at it wanting a good story, improved mechanics, and an interesting setting/sense of place? New Vegas wins all the way.

Also Mr. New Vegas > Three Dog

nexen

Awesome. I'm glad I got a serious reply explaining why. They are both amazing games but after playing NV I couldn't imagine going back to replay F3. I might be in the minority hoping that Bethesda develops 4 but lets Obsidian write it.

Oh and I thought that cosplaying Romans as the big-bad-enemy was a terrible design choice. I couldn't take them seriously, no matter how dark they got.

Yes, binary morality is always super interesting. You must think Mass Effect's Paragon/Renegade system is ingenious.

Nice. Grey areas are fine but literally every questline in F:NV asked me to slaughter defenseless people. IRL I would have opted out and went my own way sometime soon after
I killed Benny

Speevy

Banned
I think it's hilarious that the alternate entry method makes everyone too late to receive the games.

I know someone got a kick out of writing that up.

Ibuki

Banned
Since Mokoi got me the game I wanted, I will bestow a game from my inventory upon another soul! Doing a giveaway here in a few, stay tuned.

3phemeral

I've put in so many hours...it's great if you are an 8-bit RPG fan. The community is small, but you can usually find party members to play with. A lot of older NEStalgia players are waiting for the next big update to come to come back, and the community will be much larger then. I think you can try it for free.
Oh sweet, I can? I've been looking for multiplayer RPG games and this might fit the bill nicely.

Yakkue

whats the Gaf voting for this time??
Both choices are great, but I went with Rayman Legends in the hope that Origins will also be discounted. It's never wrong to vote for FUN ;)

I just bought a book. Fuck video games.
669FED6680C51E95D093DCAEED5CFBA536D1AF51
Which book did you get?

The_Monk

I want to do a giveaway, but I can't decide on a game. Haalp

Shadow Warrior!

The flash sales are packed with decent deals but I don't know about their quality. Space Hulk and Nidhogg seems a popular choice among GAFfers. Blacklist seems to be getting positive feedback too but Uplay necessities can always be spooky.

B, C, and D all sound good to me, but I don't believe I've ever played anything in the "interactive story" genre. Are there any puzzles or anything impeding your progress, or is it just walking around and looking at stuff and talking to people?

Sorry for late answer, but there are some light puzzle but most of them aren't really traditional ones in vain of "turn three gogs to light 9 lights", but instead of revolve around mindfuckery, listening to what people said and "oooh I get it" moments. Simple but great. I don't know if there's something can impede your progress though.

rtcn63

Since I prefer to think of myself as less an ungrateful piece of shit, but just an average run-of-the-mill piece of shit. Forgot to put the name, it's BROTHERS - A TALE OF TWO SONS IN BRIGHT RED LETTERS. Haven't played it, might suck, might not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-653AA84249224CCC - Taken by RelentlessRolento

t1403648170z1.png

EDIT: If it doesn't work for whatever reason, PM me.

Ibuki

Banned
Enjoy guys! Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs -- MB-22FF7412BE00850D - Taken by xptoxyz

t1403638369z1.png

What's everyone think of Blackguards?

Very tempted. Looks pretty awesome.

It is pretty awesome. I never cleared the first chapter, but I was enjoying it. I made some comments on it before in this thread I think. I'd give it a thumbs up at that price if the gameplay is your cup of tea.

I want to do a giveaway, but I can't decide on a game. Haalp

I was going to say:

Pick a game off my wishlist, and then send gift through steam to corrosivefrost.
You've taken out the modbot middleman and everyone wins.

But now I want you to give away Divinity OS for Rhaknar-senpai.

You have no heart.

Do not listen to this man.

Mid game spoiler:
The scene with the man who wanted to hang himself hit me hard af.

At this price you have nothing to loose. It's a great game with an awesome story (litterally)

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I have a heart.
Just cause something tries to tug at one's heartstrings doesn't mean it does a good job of doing it.
It's one of two games I disliked enough to give a thumbs down in a Steam review with a detailed explanation of why people should think twice about buying it.

Chariot

Since I prefer to think of myself as less an ungrateful piece of shit, but just an average run-of-the-mill piece of shit. Forgot to put the name, it's BROTHERS - A TALE OF TWO SONS IN BRIGHT RED LETTERS. Haven't played it, might suck, might not.
Man, don't tell the name. Just roll with it, when you make a mystery raffle :(

Red

Expanding game options past binary morality while at the same time forcing the player to do something that is clearly heinous (and ostensibly call their action a choice) is not the ideal solution.
Hmmm. I'm not sure even the steam sale can solve that.
maybe if i keep spending money dollars gaben will love me

Athleon

Hopefully if Rayman wins, Origins will get the same discount. Also I'm still waiting on Valdis Story to get a flash/daily after losing the vote :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom