• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm thinking about getting Nidhogg but I have zero experience using multiple controllers at once on my PC. I have a DS4, a 360 wired pad, a DS2 with a USB adapter, and several DS3s.

Is there any chance I'd be able to use the wired 360 pad and DS4 (with or without an Xinput wrapper) and have things work smoothly or is it all a recipe for disaster?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder: if you put a game that's no longer being actively sold in your top 3 for your wishlist, like cryostasis for example, will they give it to you if you're one of the 30 winners or just go down the list to your next game?

JaseC, this might be your ticket to Wheelman.

Others have already answered your question, so I'll just say that it's not possible to add Wheelman to one's wishlist. Some yanked games can be added just fine (e.g. Crysis 2 vanilla and Dragon Age 2), but others refuse to play along.

Just bought Splinter Cell Blacklist, hells yeah.

This brings my Summer Sale haul to 27 games. I'm fairly stoked with what i bought, got my Wishlist narrowed down to just 5 games now and might just pick up one or two more.

rtcn63

<33

I wonder if it's good.

(If it's actually Bad Rats, you're going down..)

It's not.

tumblr_lo0x6vuW1E1qal509.gif

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So Uruguay won!!!! yay :D
(sorry to the Italians in the thread)

I'll do a giveaway in celebration when I get home.

well guys, time to share some love again

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-D55F0DBF96405976 - Taken by cicero. 10 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-AFA7CA885C5CB049 - Taken by Bacardi151. 7 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-92E0F44710B01D42 - Taken by ImSooFlye. 9 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-EB91E90437355B95 - Taken by Santiako. 9 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-79C4CF7B8F85FBDF - Taken by Rudakus. 2 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-1D21BA4585C9A6AA - Taken by Seaklng. 11 entrants total.

t1403642529z1.png

Pand

A reminder:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs -- MB-E8224F364D4CE28D - Taken by Kuroyume
Guns Of Icarus -- MB-D56078FAA0F418D2 - Taken by astrogamer

t1403647668z1.png

Just bought Splinter Cell Blacklist, hells yeah.

This brings my Summer Sale haul to 27 games. I'm fairly stoked with what i bought, got my Wishlist narrowed down to just 5 games now and might just pick up one or two more.

I just played through that. It was a good game although I'll admit I found the controls a bit wonky and taking time to get used to. Played with KBM of course.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Looking for a stealth game. Which is the better one...hitman absolution or sc: blacklist?

Blacklist is the superior game. Hitman peaked at Blood Money.

Plus we need more people on Spies vs Mercs.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I got this TF2 thingie for the Summer Badge, and have no use for it. If someone wants it, feel free to add me:
Not tradable, sorry :(

Yusaku

I hope Divinity: Original Sin goes back on sale. Isn't the last day usually just games that were already on sale? I wonder how they decide which ones are selected.

Facism

I'm interested in blacklist but put off by the wealth of content closed off behind a nonsense digital deluxe/dlc paygate.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842420.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Spirits -- MB-9E1B05622A573232 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 7 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-3F75DCBA084C341D - Taken by schwupp. 4 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-C67BF859EA9AE74A - Taken by zeroOman. 11 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-F577BC2F29CE46B6 - Taken by Kandrick. 8 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-64501908F6AD7B9A
Mechanic Escape -- MB-29BE7CE680FE6256 - Taken by Kadin. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (Desura) #2 -- MB-BFDA4712E4ABA0EE
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (Desura) -- MB-9A47E2BE38DE96BC

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for 99 Spirits was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ether Vapor Remaster was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Longest Journey was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Vanguard Princess was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Journey of a Roach was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mechanic Escape was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Alcarys Complex (Desura) #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Alcarys Complex (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403642872z1.png

Wolfie5

24 Jun 2014 14,28€ Purchase
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Standard Edition,
Metro Last Light Complete

22 Jun 2014 4,99€ Purchase
Tomb Raider ROW

22 Jun 2014 9,48€ Purchase
Batman Arkham Origins, Batman™: Arkham Origins - Cold, Cold Heart

21 Jun 2014 10,19€ Purchase
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary

20 Jun 2014 8,73€ Purchase
Far Cry 3,
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

20 Jun 2014 4,74€ Purchase
State of Decay

Damn, what happened? Allready spent ~50€
Oh well, got 8 solid games for it. Should be happy about it, but that backlog is growing... maybe later

Lomax

I'm thinking about getting Nidhogg but I have zero experience using multiple controllers at once on my PC. I have a DS4, a 360 wired pad, a DS2 with a USB adapter, and several DS3s.

Is there any chance I'd be able to use the wired 360 pad and DS4 (with or without an Xinput wrapper) and have things work smoothly or is it all a recipe for disaster?

I do it all the time, sometimes the wrapper will do odd things depending on the game but usually I have no more issues than just trying to run a single controller with a wrapper. Depends from game to game of course but honestly I've have much fewer issues with indie games like that than I have with mainstream games which tend to only support the 360 pad without some effort.

cicero

Yes, Blacklist is legit. If you're solid at stealth games I also highly recommend playing on Perfectionist difficulty. No dumb Execute maneuver, sonar goggles can't see through walls, enemies spot you more quickly, and you can't refill ammo mid-mission so there's more emphasis on stealth and being tactically adept with how you use your various tools.

Plot and scenario design are typical Clancy technothriller garbage, characters are just as shallow as you'd expect, and the economy is comically broken, but the actual core stealth is pretty strong.

The levels are fairly layered and individual missions can be quite lengthy your first time through; enemy AI is competent and on level retries they change their routes; the game is fairly well-balanced as far as allowing playthroughs for pure ghost stealth, lethal stealth, and all-out assault. The former approach is going to be more difficult than the latter, but that's by design, and in my experience so far there's only been one section where trying to ghost stealth was a little aggravating.

Spies vs. Mercs also makes its much-needed return, and every side mission can be completed in co-op, so the multiplayer element is also significant.

Very nice review and impressions, thank you.

One more question that I had seen asked 2-3 times earlier today but I never saw an answer to. Is the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition worth buying? Is the extra content worthwhile or is like so many other Deluxe Editions with over powered game breaking weapons and worthless skins?

Turfster

I wish I'd knew what we're talking about!?

Hey, you started it!
But seriously, what are we talking about? =p

unless someone posts a
fucking
list

I did it for you, bro! For all of us!
Why am I always the bad guy when all I do is try to do good?
;_;

well guys, time to share some love again

These are all great games.
Well, Reus is kinda... grindy, but the rest are excellent.

Ibuki

Banned
So many giveaways. First come first serve, hurry there is a good game hidden in here.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

BEATBLASTERS III -- MB-BA2FAB1A7B6EB9C3

IL-2 STURMOVIK: 1946 -- MB-B8C7BD40F1BCCE04 - Taken by Jimmyfenix
REDSHIRT -- MB-C084939E4C8996A9 - Taken by someguyinahat
GUN METAL -- MB-B0DED8037A99125A
F.E.A.R 3 -- MB-5A69A5247C2F57F5 - Taken by Kaisersalsek
SYBERIA II -- MB-83F4D7869CC53A08 - Taken by skullmuffins
BARDBARIAN -- MB-271341514DAE3AF3 - Taken by gorfyako
SYBERIA I -- MB-073B0E89B30C6C2D - Taken by Hesemonni
Dungeonland -- MB-06B57727ED52A402 - Taken by waby
SHUFFLEPUCK CANTINA DELUXE -- MB-CD496B6A1BE9BCE9
ECHO OF THE WILDS -- MB-745C1152FC6D6A57 - Taken by Madridista
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-485C4A26E553186B - Taken by Gen.Grievous
RENA - CLASH OF CHAMPIONS -- MB-6CD380C79CACB2DC
EPIGENESIS -- MB-B9B6C2865498BA3D - Taken by Darth Kupi
A NEW BEGINNING -- MB-A1617E1174F271FD - Taken by Mass_Pincup

Looking for a stealth game. Which is the better one...hitman absolution or sc: blacklist?

I would recco deus ex HR over both if you haven't played that yet.

I played it with a controller. Worked pretty well. Probably the way to go.

I prefer KBM over controll in most shooters. I probably could have modified the bindings a bit to make it better but my primary complaint was that space was used for two different things that could conflict with eachother. Space was to jump from cover to cover and to climb over cover. And getting into cover was Q. So it was a bit odd but I got used to it.

Deux ex HR controls are 10x better though.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So far the cheapest sale for me with only The Wolf Among Us (great btw) and Duke3D+Shadow Warrior picked up so far.

Gurrry

So this has been a terrible summer sale for me..

I only bought ONE game so far. Papers Please.

All of the other ones I kind of want just arent priced right... and I missed the flash sale on NBA2k14. Oh, and we STILL havent gotten a King of Fighters deal... cmon Gaben.

Im not sure if I should be sad or happy that my wallet is safe.. but ehh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom