• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I hope Divinity: Original Sin goes back on sale. Isn't the last day usually just games that were already on sale? I wonder how they decide which ones are selected.

Seems pretty likely it would show up in the recap, which is either Sunday or Monday depending on how they set it up this year. Somewhat likely to be a flash deal before the end of the sale as well.

Mokoi

Banned
So this has been a terrible summer sale for me..

I only bought ONE game so far. Papers Please.

All of the other ones I kind of want just arent priced right... and I missed the flash sale on NBA2k14. Oh, and we STILL havent gotten a King of Fighters deal... cmon Gaben.

Im not sure if I should be sad or happy that my wallet is safe.. but ehh..

Happy, and I hope KOF goes on sale would pick it up right away.

Seaklng

Banned
It's not.

tumblr_lo0x6vuW1E1qal509.gif

K guud.

Accoun

Don't have much to give but hey, saw in the thread that there's still some demad for it...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Accoun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-0896DC25799A6F6E - Taken by InvisibleStride. 12 entrants total.

t1403642875z1.png

Double

Voted for Rayman Legends. Hope everyone gets it, amazing game.

Over 50 hours played and I got every achievement in the game <3
I'm still super burned on buying Origins with my friends... to then find out it doesn't have online multiplayer :(
Yeah, it's awesome in local coop... but why on earth does Legends still not have online MP?! Awgh.

about to end..

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-D55F0DBF96405976 - Taken by cicero
Wizardry 8 -- MB-AFA7CA885C5CB049 - Taken by Bacardi151
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-92E0F44710B01D42 - Taken by ImSooFlye
System Shock 2 -- MB-EB91E90437355B95 - Taken by Santiako
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-79C4CF7B8F85FBDF - Taken by Rudakus
Reus -- MB-1D21BA4585C9A6AA - Taken by Seaklng

t1403642529z1.png

Finally killed the world in under a year. Man, Plague Inc. s a great game. The third level (Fungus) just sneaks up on you, too. Talk about lulling you into a false sense of security.

waby

Finally killed the world in under a year. Man, Plague Inc. s a great game. The third level (Fungus) just sneaks up on you, too. Talk about lulling you into a false sense of security.

I remember playing that game as a flash game in some website. Also try Oiligarchy

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Red Orchestra -- MB-9F9CAB71C7891A9A - Taken by Arren
Red Orchestra 2 GOTY -- MB-FECB492CDABD540A - Taken by crazyrabbits
Shank -- MB-FBDD3D11CC85AA9B - Taken by tav7623
Shank 2 -- MB-A1437CA432803C9D - Taken by reddmyst
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-C3C26E84AA2736DE - Taken by ThatGayWolf
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-C43C1C37C5CEBD68 - Taken by waby
Thomas Was Alone #3 -- MB-A1B8E27A9B43F938 - Taken by somnific
Thomas Was Alone #4 -- MB-3CCCCE5A574D5A29 - Taken by Vuze

there you go :)

My damage so far:

Afterfall Insanity: Dirty Arena Edition ($0.33)
Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion HD (Amazon) ($2.49 - price/listing error)
Batman Arkham Origins - Black Mask Challenge Pack ($0.49)
Bit Trip Runner 2 - Good Friends Character Pack ($0.99)
Borderlands 2: Assassin Supremacy Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Commando Madness Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Supremacy Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 1 - 5 DLC's ($4.90)
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Beastmaster Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Supremacy Pack ($0.32)
Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 ($1.64)
The Bureau: X-COM Declassified - Codebreakers DLC ($0.74)
The Bureau: X-COM Declassified - Hangar 6 R&D DLC ($1.24)
Clans ($0.55)
Coma Mortuary ($0.59)
Daikatana ($1.74)
Defy Gravity Extended ($0.29)
Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun ($1.74)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition ($13.59)
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy ($0.99)
Fallout 3 GOTY Edition ($4.99)
Far Cry Franchise Pack (FC1/FC2/FC3 Deluxe/FC3 Blood Dragon) ($14.79)
Final Fantasy VIII ($4.07)
Flight of the Icarus ($0.49)
The Last Remnant ($2.49)
Lunar Pack (Lunnye Devitsy/Wake) ($1.24)
Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars DLC ($1.99)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+: All-You Can Eat Edition ($3.74)
Payday The Heist ($1.49)
Payday The Heist - Wolfpack DLC ($0.99)
Renegade Ops (NeoGAF - gift)
Roogoo ($0.29)
Sega Genesis Classics - Series 3 (NeoGAF - gift)
Steam Bandits Outpost: Explorer's Pack (NeoGAF - gift)
Tomb Raider - The Final Hours Digital Book ($0.49)

it's been okay

Arthea

I want sales to end already, both steam and gog, not only they interrupt my sleeping pattern, I have no time to play damn games I bought plenty. Seriously, let them end

In other news got 25% code from gmg... doesn't work with South Park. gmg, please put it on sale already, I need to move on.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
For those that missed it yesterday!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Kandrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-FCB2CE8661E411F4 - Taken by Hanzou. 17 entrants total.

t1403643431z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any of the other games? Was thinking about Fall if it ended up featured again.

The previous two games are region-free.

Edit: And just to be perfectly clear, if you'd previously pre-ordered Dark Spark through a trader, you're fine.

Zeliard

Very nice review and impressions, thank you.

One more question that I had seen asked 2-3 times earlier today but I never saw an answer to. Is the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition worth buying? Is the extra content worthwhile or is like so many other Deluxe Editions with over powered game breaking weapons and worthless skins?

The "Homeland" DLC comes with two missions that can be played in either SP or co-op, but I haven't tried those yet, so I can't vouch for their quality.

I'd advise against getting the Deluxe edition because it trivializes the economy and the general gear/weapon upgrade structure even more. You have instant and free access to all of that stuff and they make several upgrades you'd otherwise spend money on with non-DLC gear worthless. They can also trivialize your first several missions since you start off so high-powered, unless you purposefully choose to ignore the DLC gear (like I did).

If you really want those Homeland missions just buy the Homeland DLC separately instead of the Deluxe Edition. You save a buck and you don't get some of the other overpowered crap, though Homeland does still come with the powerful suits, so if you want to avoid all of that completely just buy the regular edition.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I want sales to end already, both steam and gog, not only they interrupt my sleeping pattern, I have no time to play damn games I bought plenty. Seriously, let them end

I sort of want the last day of the sale to arrive so I can pick up games while knowing they won't go cheaper. But then again, I don't want it to arrive because some of those games might go on sale for a larger discount :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom