• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien8

A few keys... I'm not 100% sure all of them work, so choose as many as you like (and can).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crazy Machines -- MB-CA5FDD3BA8ADC87F - Taken by Berto
Crazy Machines 1.5 -- MB-A625399EF8CF7CB4 - Taken by harrypmgaga
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-9C62E70F43FC9C73 - Taken by intheinbetween
Crazy Machines 2: Happy New Year DLC -- MB-7EDA3A358343A514
Crazy Machines 2: Invaders from Space DLC -- MB-B9EA8F042B9400D9
Crazy Machines 2: Halloween DLC -- MB-390BBB405BAA7EF5
Crazy Machines 2: Liquid Force DLC -- MB-198054B9F29A6235
Crazy Machines 2: Back to the Shop DLC -- MB-2FA41CCCE6F09A8E - Taken by Gangxxter
Crazy Machines 2: Time Travel DLC -- MB-9CB6AB4CB98ABEEF
Crazy Machines: Elements -- MB-9FF16989A3A56848 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

KiraFA37

Question has Remember Me been a daily or special yet? I believe it hasn't but in case I missed it how much was the discount? Hoping it reaches -75% tomorrow.

kris.

Banned
never done one of these before, hope i did it right!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-7B8176A372DDA202 - Taken by Flips360

Facism

The "Homeland" DLC comes with two missions that can be played in either SP or co-op, but I haven't tried those yet, so I can't vouch for their quality.

I'd advise against getting the Deluxe edition because it trivializes the economy and the general gear/weapon upgrade structure even more. You have instant and free access to all of that stuff and they make several upgrades you'd otherwise spend money on with non-DLC gear worthless. They can also trivialize your first several missions since you start off so high-powered, unless you purposefully choose to ignore the DLC gear (like I did).

If you really want those Homeland missions just buy the Homeland DLC separately instead of the Deluxe Edition. You save a buck and you don't get some of the other overpowered crap, though Homeland does still come with the powerful suits, so if you want to avoid all of that completely just buy the regular edition.

can you collect any of that gear during the game if you get the standard edition? I'm trying to figure out if it's just paying for early unlocks of equipment already in the game.

It's doing a good job of keeping my money in my account right now :p

is the NV dlc worth it? I stupidly bought the vanilla version last monthish (to be honest though, it was pretty cheap). Now seems a good time to get the dlc if it's good

Tellaerin

You're not going to and shouldn't get to be the sparkling, faultless, heroic saint trying to get through life in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where everybody feeds on the misery of everyone else.

So I guess the Followers should've died out long ago, then. :p

Allowing for that pure sort of Light Side character is a significant and completely nonsensical contrast to the setting you're in, because if the setting contains any internal logic whatsoever, that character gets mercilessly killed within a day or two for being so naive and ineffectual.

This is the kind of reasoning I have a problem with, this notion that a genuinely decent person who's helpful to others and takes the high road whenever they can is automatically going to be "naive and ineffectual". I'm not one to buy into the whole "you've gotta be a scumbag to survive in tough times, and anything else is unrealistic" narrative. Maybe that's just me, though. :p

Red

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-1008FF61F8732A08 - Taken by Seaklng. 11 entrants total.
Sine Mora -- MB-9C5BDBB1C3250FE0 - Taken by Altazor. 11 entrants total.
Pac Man Championship Edition DX Plus -- MB-937FE208359E0840 - Taken by astrogamer. 35 entrants total.
140 -- MB-B2D81E91ED6C0102 - Taken by Ampersands. 6 entrants total.
Painkiller Redemption -- MB-4939225E731353E4 - Taken by sabanoo. 9 entrants total.

t1403653734z1.png

Ilive1up

what are some useful mods for that game? i'm sure i'll enjoy it just as much as i did Fallout 3 without mods but i have a pretty beast PC now and want to venture in that world. graphics mods? etc?

Finally killed the world in under a year. Man, Plague Inc. s a great game. The third level (Fungus) just sneaks up on you, too. Talk about lulling you into a false sense of security.
Seeing this is making me regret not grabbing it when it was on sale. Oh well, I suppose I'll wait til the next time. After all, winter is coming.

Another Blackwell giveaway because I really want people to play these games.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-3EBBBA8EFD2706D4 - Taken by NandyRewman. 27 entrants total.

t1403644038z1.png

is the NV dlc worth it? I stupidly bought the vanilla version last monthish (to be honest though, it was pretty cheap). Now seems a good time to get the dlc if it's good

It's a lot of content, but is unfortunately much more pure action focused then the rest of the game, and the progression is bit to linear. It's also recommended that your character is at least about level 20 before you play them, so it will take time before you can play them.

Mostly not to my taste, the new deals.

And the ones that are, would like to get cheaper.
Shadow Warrior, Splinter Cell, Metro LL

And nothing in either Community Votes :/
Voted Broken Age anyway.

Off to Tomas Indie Steam Deal Thread and
Secret Steam Deal Thread.
Should take my time till next deal :)

Zeliard

can you collect any of that gear during the game if you get the standard edition? I'm trying to figure out if it's just paying for early unlocks of equipment already in the game.

It's doing a good job of keeping my money in my account right now :p

As far as I can tell it's exclusive to the DLC, but all that stuff really amounts to are extra skins, since there are upgrades for the existing gear that can make it pretty strong in its own right.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Holy crap!

6nIxrsr.jpg

Thank you so much Rhaknar! I will get on this right away. Haha. What an awesome dude. I will have to pay this forward!

Also, I love being Pizza Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom