• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

And here it is... I call it the 'Giving thanks to Speevy and DrEvil : screw the golden rule and take fate into your own hands giveaway'

Good luck to you all and thanks again for all the generosity on this forum (but not a big fan of the capitalism over in BST)

Whoa, I won Double Dragon. Thanks!

Zafir

Hey guys, i have a question.

So i just bought KSP for TF2 keys. If i claim the game now and the publisher decided to region lock the game in the future, will i still be able to play the game?

Also, i'm sorry if this isn't the correct thread, i don't know where else to ask.
Thank you.

Assuming you mean Kerbal Space Program, there isn't a RU specific sub, so the worst they could do is put a gift lock on. Which means, if you activate the gift now, you'll be fine.

inm8num2

Tiny question for Enhanced Steam users - when I search or browse the market, items in my inventory are no longer highlighted as green - does anyone else have this issue?. I'm on Firefox and ES 6.3.4. I also had this issue on 5.x.x. a week or so ago before upgrading to the current version.

Perhaps the feature was turned off?

inky

Could this be because there is now a region lock on those gifts?

Well, as I understand now there is because of the Russian pricing error, so most likely they just got a cheap games and decided to gift it forward. It doesn't matter now, the game was non-redeemable for me now even as a gift, so I had to decline both either way.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You don't really need the expansions right away since the base game gets patched the improvements. If you play for a while and then want the extra content you can get them later.

Ah, so like CK2. Thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear!

Mono

Speaking of Final Fantasy VIII, anyone know how to get the analog stick working on a PS3 controller with it? Or do I have to do it with a third party program?

Red

I think there is, but I could never get it working in either game. The midi never shut off, so I had these dueling soundtracks going.
The soundtrack mod for VII literally overwrites the original midi files. I do not understand how you could have both playing at once. Do you remember what mod you were using?

MikeDown

Banned
damn is red really going to win 3 times in a row? valve needs to fix that shit. :/
What is red may never die!
poster.jpg

GKB

Yes, you've registered the RoW/Unlocked version so that's what will stick to your account. The only time they'll change it is for pre orders iirc.

Assuming you mean Kerbal Space Program, there isn't a RU specific sub, so the worst they could do is put a gift lock on. Which means, if you activate the gift now, you'll be fine.

I'll claim it right away then. Thank you so much guys :D

Was playing Insurgency a bit. Last night community seemed fine. Today its just nothing but elitist pricks. Its like im playing half life firearms.

Starting to regret my purchase already. Will know better next time.

Yeah. I ran into a couple of those kind last night in coop. They even referred to a dude who had an name written in an asian language's characters as "Chinaman." What a couple of assholes. I still don't see why the occasional douches make you regret buying it. Ya like the game?

LuuKyK

Looking at the current sale, I like how there are these strategy games that all look like Civilizations. Its like it has become a copy paste genre, like Call of Duty for FPS.

Zafir

Valve made it this way on purpose. One team winning was the ultimate outcome of the competition due to the tokens, that's why Reddit rigged it in the first place.

Eh, if different teams won, people would spend more money on tokens which would benefit Valve more. Now, as it stands, people will move to red and that's that. No need to move any where else.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How exactly did reddit rig the teams?

I just checked ModBot's PMs from the last 40 minutes or so and don't see any from you. Are you sure you sent a PM to ModBot?

Oh man, now I want to register accounts for all the most common mispellings of ModBot and just *rake* in Steam keys from people who go to fast when sending the raffle messages. Hmmmmm.

Kinda, in the original PC release there was an installer for the midi instruments that the OST discs used, which wasn't in the steam release. Square just patched in the PS1 music files. But that took them a year to do.

Hopefully it doesn't take them that long for FF8, I don't really wanna play it until then.

Just look up the Roses and Wine mod, it's pretty much the easiest mod ever. Just make sure you get the version with the steam options.

How about a late night raffle? Really liked this game so thought I'd share it, hope the winner enjoys it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragonborn:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-CC8AE4936B0D4750

t1403839379z1.png

Shade

A quick thanks to Shade for Grotesque Tactics. Y'know putting it that way somehow doesn't sound quite right.

Haha, no problem.

Thanks, Shade, for King's Bounty and giving away so many games to us peeps.

My pleasure. All unused keys need to find a good home!

Yo thanks a bunch for SpaceChem Shade, though it doesn't look like it was much of a contest.

Sometimes that is the best kind!

Shade is a pretty cool guy.

Thanks!

Wow, I actually won a giveaway! Thanks, Shade!!

edit: nevermind, says code is invalid :(

Sorry about that, glad it got sorted out in the end though!

Key was fine. Thank you!

Thank you for Dino DDay. Now I get to try this silly thing

Thanks for the giveaway keys, Shade!
3AQmK.gif

Thanks Shade, the MoW Vietnam key is very much appreciated.

Thanks for Star Wolves 2, Shade!

You're all welcome!

Still had a few leftovers from my giveaway the other day. There's a few good games on there, and two or three unknowns (to me). Take your pick!

ModBot said:
Instructions for INDIGO_CYCLOPS:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-3E35B32B5C15839C
Enclave -- MB-AAACEFFB0B66D3F2 - Taken by 73V3N
Tower Wars -- MB-1B559939DB87D955 - Taken by Pakkidis
Combat Wings Battle of Britain -- MB-C92194D34E8A620D - Taken by xeris
Jack Orlando Director's Cut -- MB-4116430F05FC5C3E - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Tiny Bang Story -- MB-0BEA41ADA4312DF8 - Taken by ihateyourhat
Galaxy On Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-AC307E1E61015F01 - Taken by Unicorn
1953: KGB Unleashed -- MB-B9938F1359F58A1D - Taken by Dusk Golem
Kingdom Tales -- MB-59CBC9EFC5534C5E - Taken by Aitor

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yes.

I've never ever played more than 100ish hours in any single player game, that being Civ V. Mount and Blade is pretty close around 80-90 hours. It takes a lot to get me to continue playing a single player game. Like, a lot. My gaming community is filled with pals that always pull me towards competitive stuff.

HfWDybr.png

I'm not even close to burned out yet. In fact I want to play it tonight. I've been playing it since it released, and will continue to do so until the next one comes out. It's that good.

$10.00 for this game is an absolute steal. I'd gladly pay $200 for it.

Honestly i feel like i should hold off cause these games are notorious for having metric tons of DLC and eventually there is gonna be a complete pack for the same price. Crusader Kings II was like this.

Through Soviet work camp organizational techniques.

Naw, if anyone rigged the contest, it was
NOBODY

The only one that could have rigged it is Valve, and I doubt they did. Reddit organizing maybe helped, but there's millions of steam members. No way it had much of an effect....though it is fishy. With Red dominating now, I think it's clear there was no rigging. Red team is just the best.

MTE

Just picked up SteamWorld. I need more Metroidvania in my life.
Also picked up Batman: Arkham Origins... My PC never handled Arkham Asylum, so god know when I'll get around to actually playing it. But that's Steam for you :D

I've been playing small stints of Bioshock, which I picked up this sale, but it's actually encouraged me to go back and finish Tomb Raider (1996). I now get the hype about it.

Really ummed and ahhed about picking up the latest Tomb Raider. Hopefully, by the time I've finished the previous 9 games, another sale will be on...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Were you talking about any games in particular? Uplay doesn't really give a shit if you try to launch offline.

Doesnt UPLAY have to be online and ready to go first though before you can enage offline? Every game i load from steam instantly signs me into uplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom