• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice Skyrim fly up the top seller chart just by being in the community vote. Folks are insane and buying it pre discount.

Partial support generally means you may have to use a mouse/keyboard to get through menus and start the game. Though as I recall some of the menus in Blood Dragon seemed like they would have worked a lot better with a controller.

ussually that there's a launcher that can't be controlled with a controller or that the game doesnt select it by default

basically that there'll be an instance of mouse use between clicking on the steam icon and playing

oohhh ok, I see, I did a search on the steam forums and I got this picture.

7DT1k.png

Controller support is important to me as I just recently became a PC play a few weeks ago so I'm still trying to figure some of this stuff out. I've played some games that are straight PC titles with controller support but they are TERRIBLE with a controller, like the game E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy and ORION: Dino Horde.

I will need to find some alternative for the keyboard before I go back to playing those games. I can't do the whole keyboard thing with gaming. The mouse is fine though.

Question about giveaways. If I win one while I'm gone and don't get back on until tomorrow morning (East coast USA) do I lose that game? Basically, is there a time limit to claim a game you win?

Jadax

I honestly have no fucking idea of what I'm doing in Europa Universalis 3.

I actually find the EU series a lot easier than CK2. I've had that game for months and still have no idea how to play it.

I just load up, marry someone, wait for a kid to pop out, get him/her married off, then attack someone out of boredom and get my ass handed to me.

For my first steam sale, i'm finding this shit to be beyond crazy. These low ball ass prices........cant even find prices like these at amazon. I bought 8 games thus far, havent even spend over $20 yet.......................WUT!?

I can't even get over how crazy that shit sounds, was talking to a friend of mines about this...........blew her fucking mind as she's a console gamer.

As a former console gamer, that shit is CRAZY alien to me, so used to paying 30-40 bucks for a game and even 20 and being like, aaawww HELL YEA!! I GOT A GOOD DEAL...........bitch please.......these sales..............madness i tell ya, MADNESS!!!

xBladeM6x

My favorite RTS of all time, is C&C RA2 / Yuri's Revenge, so would Supreme Commander be something I should look into getting? :eek:

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
For my first steam sale, i'm finding this shit to be beyond crazy. These low ball ass prices........cant even find prices like these at amazon. I bought 8 games thus far, havent even spend over $20 yet.......................WUT!?

I can't even get over how crazy that shit sounds, was talking to a friend of mines about this...........blew her fucking mind as she's a console gamer.

As a former console gamer, that shit is CRAZY alien to me, so used to paying 30-40 bucks for a game and even 20 and being like, aaawww HELL YEA!! I GOT A GOOD DEAL...........bitch please.......these sales..............madness i tell ya, MADNESS!!!

pretty soon you'll be like the rest of us and have hundreds of games in your backlog :3

The_Monk

Well, I couldn't sleep so I decided to write my thoughts (probably with a very poor english vocabulary) about Valiant Hearts: The Great War

VbNu3Lc.png

Since it's a fairly new game I didn't want to post my impressions in here since the thread moves too fast and some may want to know nothing at all about the game. I was going to wait until we get back to our "normal" Steam thread but I decided to do it now and maybe discussing the game later on.

Here it is, on the Steam Reviews Page if anyone is curious about my thoughts or in case some of you are considering to pick this up in the future. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

now imagine being a european console gamer coming from games at 70€ and having your first steam sale

ah those were the days...

jabuseika

Soon.

Garcia

WELCOME.

To PC gaming. :3

Anteater

I think it's a great thing, I've given a lot more games a chance due to the lower price of entry, in the past I'd buy a $50 game every month and a half and play a lot less.

My favorite RTS of all time, is C&C RA2 / Yuri's Revenge, so would Supreme Commander be something I should look into getting? :eek:

Red Alert 2 and AOE II are my all time favorites. I loved SupCom. There is more resource management and the pace is a little slower in SupCom, but holy hell the end game. Gets really epic really fast.

jblank83

Shovel Knight or Valiant Hearts? Help me guys...

Is SK as short as I've read and how about replayability between both? I'll eventually get both but right now I'm gonna stick to one or the other.

Shovel Knight is up to 7 hours if you do everything. It's also very replayable. Valiant Hearts is shorter and not as replayable.

The decision rests on which game you think would be more fun. They're very different.

Finally, Blood Dragon will be mine. And there's no hope of RTS winning the vote is there? Not against Skyrim. That game alone is going to carry the vote, not to mention Sleepy Dawgs and KoA in there too.

I know......it's......crazy right?......

Welcome to PC gaming :p

Tecl0n

Soon you'll be thinking with keys and other currencies.

Kadin

So if I want to buy some games for a ModBot giveaway I purchase it as a gift and the "keep it for later"?
Yeah you want the last option to store in your inventory for later.

Shovel Knight is up to 7 hours if you do everything. It's also very replayable. Valiant Hearts is shorter and not as replayable.

The decision rests on which game you think would be more fun. They're very different.
Thanks. I think I decided I'm gonna pull the trigger on Shovel Knight. Earlier when people realized they missed a couple of the giveaways they practically had a heart attack. I'm thinking that's the one to play first.

Appreciate your input.

Grief.exe

Another one sees the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom