• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA

Been great sale so far. All I'm really hoping for to get discounted left is ... Dark Souls 2 Season Pass. Most of the games I was hoping would be in the sale and put down to the price I was more than happy with, have been exactly that.
There are games I'm sorta interested in too like Killer is dead, murdered soul suspect, deadly premonition, but none of them have quite dropped to the price where I'm willing to bet on them.
Only other game I would like at a way cheaper price... is the lego star wars collection. Would love that on my steam collection, but it seems they're ignoring it, still £15.

Yakkue

MRlWFt1.jpg

I really hope Recettear will be a flash sale, I need to try this game.

Edit:
Recettear is not on sale much cause the dev regretted the shit out of their first big sale. They made a statement akin to that and it wasn't that cheap again for quite a while.

Oh =(

Vuze

Last plug afore I hit the sack I think. Good luck gais.

Been playing some Remember Me, downsampled from 4k, fov fix and film grain removed. Game looks much, much better than I remember. The fov fix makes the climbing sections so much more interesting. Shame it fucks up the hud when I use with GeDoSaTo.

The style of this game is top-notch.
Hope it will get a bit cheaper on the next sale as I heard gameplay is kinda repetitive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just some old fashioned spares

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wizardry 8 -- MB-2B192BBAD834751F - Taken by PunishedSnake
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-3B17622CA1523E48 - Taken by Sofa King

Any chance the Humongous Collection can go lower than 50%?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/42723/

From Enhanced Steam:

"Current Lowest Price: 46.49€ at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: 46.49€ at Steam on Thu Jun 19 2014 (Info)"

One must remember that there is always a chance it'll drop further, so you should wait until the very last day, but I would think that the probability of lowering is quite small. Even still, just wait until the final day when you can purchase it with peace of mind.

Blue-kun

Shoot'em up - Japanese indie.

And then add eXceed 3rd, Astebreed, CrimzonClover and whatever else they feel like. Now that would be real nice.

zeroOman

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-C75AE5BB44768E0D - Taken by -MD-. 2 entrants total.
Ion Assault -- MB-58CA8EEAD62C902C - Taken by ToastyBanana. 2 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-34017719DA15E49D - Taken by kurahador. 6 entrants total.

t1403868791z1.png

OOAKzjK.png

Does anyone know why they changed the price on this package in the middle of the sale? I wanted to buy this game like two days ago and the game literally changed prices while it was in my cart. Am I blind and was it a flash/community vote or was it a pricing mistake?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-2B192BBAD834751F - Taken by PunishedSnake
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-3B17622CA1523E48

you can take the other one aswell if you want snake, its multientry

OOAKzjK.png

Does anyone know why they changed the price on this package in the middle of the sale? I wanted to buy this game like two days ago and the game literally changed prices while it was in my cart. Am I blind and was it a flash/community vote or was it a pricing mistake?

it was a flash when Shadow Warrior was a flash

Grief.exe

OOAKzjK.png

I remember Shadow Warrior popping up as a Daily or Flash, so the price was probably adjusted downward at that point.

Blue-kun

And then they would put it up against Dark Souls and make sure it loses.

If only Touhou was on Steam, then we'd be fighting fire with fire here. Or maybe not. Fanbase is so unpredictable for that one.

Still, don't break my heart like that. I am a naive person who'd like to believe in the chance of something like that winning, haha.

EDIT: Speaking of which, if you guys can add me to the GAF Group, that'd be great too: http://steamcommunity.com/id/burucchi/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Watch Dogs "sale" is a complete joke. Ubisoft plz. Plz Ubisoft.

Arthea

You mean $1 in the next Humbe Bundle.

That would be bundle to die for! (><)
not happening... too good to be true

edited:
guys, you being unreasonable, Watch Dogs is fairly new game, Ubi or not, you shouldn't expect deeper discount so soon on new games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anyone here tried the Last Door?

I have it on wish, but really I don't know it it's worth or not.

Last Door, the free version is one of the best 2D horror games I've played.

I hear the paid version is even better (paid version adds new areas, puzzles, reworked audio, new content, and more).

It's a slow-burning horror story that pulls a lot from Edgar Allan Poe, David Lynch, and Lovecraft. Each episode was better than the last in season one (5 episodes total), it's a very interesting point'n'click game that meshes well with simplicity and complexity.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope Recettear will be a flash sale, I need to try this game.

-50% off $20 is nice, but what do we say to games that haven't been Flash or Dailies yet?

Yeah, not today/until the last day.

Deques

yay or nay?

i bought sleeping dogs. should i buy the dlc?

I snagged this list from the Steam forums
Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):

-Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
-Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
-Year of the Snake (Police campaign)

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):

-SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
-Street Racer Pack (3 races)
-Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
-Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
-Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
-Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)

Weapons and moves including outfits:

-Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
-GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
-Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
-Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
-Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
-Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)

Cosmetic DLC:

-Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
-Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
-Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
-Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
-Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)

Pay-To-Cheat:

-High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
-Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
-Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
-The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)

Free DLC:

-Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
-Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
-Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
-High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom