• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Still have a Steam Adventure Card #3 for anyone who needs it to craft a badge, just send me a PM with your steam name and I'll send it your way.

The_Monk

Everyone on my Activity feed is getting Long live the Queen, what's going on? I checked the screenshots and I still think I don't get it. The description makes me even more confused! Lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eurogamer just handing out the 7's lately.

• Shovel Knight
  • Sniper Elite V3
  • Grid
  • Valiant Hearts

but what does Metacritic say? or more importantly, Steam Community users?

those are the REAL metrics

Dascu

Can you actually die, or is it like Home?

Because I fucking loved Lone Survivor, one of the best survival horror since Dark Corners of Earth I played, if it's a proper survival I will VERY happy.

It's a point&click adventure game. Though much more robust in content and depth than Home, it's still closer to that in style (and looks) than Lone Survivor.

Knurek

I've played the (free) DLC update for Thomas Was Alone yesterday.
Good way to spend 45 minutes if you liked the base game. Pretty much more of the same.
(I still think Danny "Shane" Wallace is a twat).

Acccent

I feel the watch dogs sale is alright, considering how recent and successful it is... they could afford not to do any sale at all.

Also I was wondering, do we have numbers comparing the sales of DS/DS2 on various platforms? ie consoles vs pc, mostly

Fewr

Everyone on my Activity feed is getting Long live the Queen, what's going on? I checked the screenshots and I still think I don't get it. The description makes me even more confused! Lol

I tried the demo and thought it was a good game. Similar to that FTL spaceship game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Can you actually die, or is it like Home?

Because I fucking loved Lone Survivor, one of the best survival horror since Dark Corners of Earth I played, if it's a proper survival I will VERY happy.

You're in similar taste as me, I liked Lone Survivor quite a bit bust disliked Home, which was incredibly disappointing to me.

No, but thee is consequence and challenge unlike Home. It's a harder question to answer than you might expect without delving more into explaining the game, but do no the game has great atmosphere, some chilling scenes, and some challenging puzzles as it progresses, and unlike Home, an actually really well done story that gets more interesting as it develops (it takes a small dip in episode 3 but quickly picks itself back up in episode 4).

Mokoi

Banned

Everybody has it because it's only the greatest shooter around right now.

Arthea

here is my reiview on steam, I hope it'll help you understand that it's a mustplay game

Death never was this cute!
Long Live the Queen is a game that everybody can enjoy, unless they hate the Game of Thrones, and as we all know, nobody hates GoT. The game seems simple enough from the first glance, but it's misconception. Long Live the Queen has so much depth, it's royally amazing! The more choices we make, the more story branches. Some paths are straightforward and logical, some are complicated and complex, some lead to glory, some to evil, some to most horrible death in cute made creepy way, but discovering any one of them is fun.
Can't recommend enough, but still will try:
Long live the Queen! or Die one more time for me!

Jawmuncher

Its a visual novel "simulation" type game. You go through the days and try to survive to the end. But the only way to get there is by dying and learning from your mistakes.

Haunted

FFFFFFF

I really want LA Noire and that 83% looks damn tempting.

But it's quite an old game and the base price isn't as low as I'd want it to. ;_;

What do what do

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Insecticide -- MB-B55A4554D51CC77F - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

last one :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
+1 anyone?

Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-3B17622CA1523E48

MadGear

Oh, I know. Just -20%? 20!? Why not -25%!?

Wouldn't have made this deal any more attractive :D If you really want to get it then look for it outside of steam. G2A and others offered it for ~25€ (as opposed to the current 48€), probably similar for other currencies. The only "downside" is that you wont find a steam version outside of steam itself, but honestly steam versions of uPlay titles are a joke anyway so just get the pure uPlay version if it's that much cheaper.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so a husband is looking for her actual wives husbandos so he can have more time with his waifus?

ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ tsundere ugu senpaichan

I love games. My wife doesn't get them *at all*. I am constantly looking for something she might enjoy. Recently we watched a documentary which included a section on dating sims for women (apparantly huge in Japan) and she wanted to know more

simple :)

The_Monk

I tried the demo and thought it was a good game. Similar to that FTL spaceship game.

No way!

here is my reiview on steam, I hope it'll help you understand that it's a mustplay game

Its a visual novel "simulation" type game. You go through the days and try to survive to the end. But the only way to get there is by dying and learning from your mistakes.

Well, that explain it better, thanks guys!

LuuKyK

At first impression I thought that Queen game was a dating sim of some sort. lol

Also I am adding some of you on Steam.

Have you ever wanted to be a totally kawaii princess? Well now you can! With one incredibly cute waifu to mould into your perfect partner of greatness, you can encourage her to wear between at least zero and one skimpy outfit as you lead her down a path of treacherous shooting. Hide your shame by desu gifting it to a friend as you play, The Monk-san, and help brighten somebody's day with this cute princess-waifu simulator, because if you're going to have a waifu, they might as well be royalty!

Tektonic

the ru version, for .50euros... saying i could trade it for cards!

(the guy traded for 2 keys, sat on it, and now can't use it either)

hohoXD123

Have you ever wanted to be a totally kawaii princess? Well now you can! With one incredibly cute waifu to mould into your perfect partner of greatness, you can encourage her to wear between at least zero and one skimpy outfit as you lead her down a path of treacherous shooting. Hide your shame by desu gifting it to a friend as you play, The Monk-san, and help brighten somebody's day with this cute princess-waifu simulator, because if you're going to have a waifu, they might as well be royalty!

I think you just single-handedly made the developers for LLTQ into billionaires

FFFFFFF

I really want LA Noire and that 83% looks damn tempting.

But it's quite an old game and the base price isn't as low as I'd want it to. ;_;

What do what do

If the price of the game was all the money you had left for the sale, would you go for it? When I'm not completely sure of a game purchase I prefer to wait, either there is a new game deal I'd rather spend the money on or I get to clear a bit of backlog. And now there is a precedent for the game going that low in price, so if you are optimistic you can expect equal or better deals.

Disclaimer: I have not played LA Noire.

Rhaknar

It's not my type of game as well :)

post-31731-Rudy-Misfits-gif-disgusted-Img-QceB.gif

Both were pretty decent IMO.

I meant how they run. I loved the first on 360, I havent played the second for more than 10minutes yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom