• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

So question time. I already own base Skyrim and want the DLCs. If I buy them separately it costs $23, versus buying the Legendary edition which is $13.50. Can I purchase the Legendary edition as a gift and give away the Skyrim base game that's included in there while keeping the DLCs? Or does the Legendary edition force everything together?

it vanishes... which is sad for me. because the base game was a gift from AusGAF

come on Beth - discount the DLCs more

so you want me to go through the trouble of going through my friend list and add nicknames to people because you are some sort of shape shifting steam mutant?
I added the nicknames right after I accepted their friend request, with the help of google of course.

rtcn63

But isn't there dialogue exclusive to characters in each game or something? I have both games but i'm just interested in getting the fullest campaign experience possible.

The campaign... isn't really a thing... worth focusing on.... the specifics. It's a Spike Lee multiplayer-centric joint.

Quantum

Has Enslaved got a deeper discount than what it is now? Because I was waiting the last day to buy it, but since both Alice and L.A. Noire got a better deal maybe it could happen.

Anything is possible, but unlikely. Last sale I waited for it to drop and it never broke the 9.99 on steam (it did hit current steam price on amazon previously).

If I had to guess I'd say this is as low as it goes, but I've been wrong on 2/37 buys so far this sale.

oh, and this tread is so dangerous as my current group of buys came from the last few pages of this thread.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anything is possible, but unlikely. Last sale I waited for it to drop and it never broke the 9.99 on steam (it did hit current steam price on amazon previously).

If I had to guess I'd say this is as low as it goes, but I've been wrong on 2/37 buys so far this sale.

oh, and this tread is so dangerous as my current group of buys came from the last few pages of this thread.

thats what I said about Gone Home...

kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so you want me to go through the trouble of going through my friend list and add nicknames to people because you are some sort of shape shifting steam mutant?

Nope. But you can do it for me and a few others. :p

Deques

I just tag all the gaffer friends. After that I just don't care about them anymore

guys, you think it's safe for someone on team blue to craft a badge right now? I don't want to throw a cheap badge away if blue is going to blue again : /

now that someone brought up L4D: I've never played either version. Would i miss out on any significant plot of gameplay if I started from L4D2 and skipped part 1?

I will if you will #TeamBlue

There isn't a whole lot of plot in L4D, so no you won't miss much.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone help me out with Sleeping Dogs??? It's cut in germany
as always :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't remember such a thing happening, but we would need Jasec to confirm this, to be sure.

There have been cases of retroactive runtime-level region-locks, but these have always been reversed as they impact people who genuinely received the game as a gift. The most recent example would be Black Flag (which I myself was caught up in).

btw, where is Jasec? Why he's not buying hundreds of games?

I'd next to nothing to spend due to my stupid car, but my parents offered to foot the bill, so I gave my trader a list of stuff and I'm waiting for him to work through it. It's not hundreds of games, though, but at the very least I'll be a stone's throw from 3k come the end of the sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ai is bad and while you can still beat it, the game is really made for co op which people still play

Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick...

Well, I'll try the multiplayer, surely it isn't as ba--

Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick...

Valve's multiplayer community, ya'll. CS:GO can be just as bad, but at least there's casual for being able to "dick around"/suck in. If you do something even wrong (or don't even have a mic) expect to be kicked from L4D2 in seconds.

Payday 2 is similar. Too many bads thinking it's their way or the highway for the co-op

What more do you want from Rhaknar? He is giving a lot games to you guys. And you still want him to remember who you are in Steam/NeoGAF?

I just want Senpai to notice me. :(

Jawmuncher

My nicknames on Steam are are so half as for steam members I need to go through them again and fix it.

Dusk Golem has the best nickname though.
GAF Golem since his steam username is different.

RiggyRob

I bit the bullet on the Bioshock Infinite DLC this morning, and then I found out that Guild Wars 2 is 50% off too.

I'm gonna have a great PC gaming weekend.

Lomax

Waking up to Long Live the Queen at 75% made my day, I had resigned myself to buying it at 66% off if that's what it was at. Now I just need Pinball FX2 at 75% off and this sale will be an almost complete success.

Zia

Any consensus as to how the PC ver of RE4 stacks up against the Wii ver? I know it launched a mess, but it seems like they put a considerable amount of effort into updating it.

LiK

miss the days where Amazon provided awesome deals as well.

where are you Tony? (I know he got promoted.)

Amazon had a pretty great PCDD sale about two months ago. Some of the deals are better than the Steam sales right now. The new guy isn't as aggressive as Tony tho.

Arthea

There have been cases of retroactive runtime-level region-locks, but these have always been reversed as they impact people who genuinely received the game as a gift. The most recent example would be Black Flag (which I myself was caught up in).

I'd next to nothing to spend due to my stupid car, but my parents offered to foot the bill, so I gave my trader a list of stuff and I'm waiting for him to work through it. It's not hundreds of games, though, but at the very least I'll be a stone's throw from 3k come the end of the sale.

I was already worried not seeing half of my activity feed flooded with your bought games!
Good it worked out for you.

Well, I'll try the multiplayer, surely it isn't as ba--

Valve's multiplayer community, ya'll. CS:GO can be just as bad, but at least there's casual for being able to "dick around"/suck in. If you do something even wrong (or don't even have a mic) expect to be kicked from L4D2 in seconds.

Payday 2 is similar. Too many bads thinking it's their way or the highway for the co-op

I just want Senpai to notice me. :(

unless someone was being a complete tard or griefing(which i'venever done either)i've never seen anyone get kicked from co op so either you got shitty team mates or you're just really unlucky

versus on the other hand if you aren't good you'll get kicked which is expected

Any consensus as to how the PC ver of RE4 stacks up against the Wii ver? I know it launched a mess, but it seems like they put a considerable amount of effort into updating it.

it's the best version. 60 fps, it's not missing effects like the 360/ps3 versions and modders are working on the best HD texture pack i've ever seen for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom