• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Some of those are unbelievable, when will Indies do stuff like this.

NW0mK39.gif

Not quite the same, but I loved the landscapes of The Banner Saga.

StAidan

Goodness gracious, there is some amazing pixel art out there. Wonder how long it takes to build a scene like that.

On another note, I finally won an M&M contest entry today! Already added to my Steam wallet (via Paypal to avoid the marketplace lockout). Sale monies get!

The buy order thing is baller as hell. Getting cards for half their price.

Go to sleep smiling every night waiting for the guy who will mistype 0.10 as 0.01.

MikeDown

Banned
this pixal art is beantiful, amazing the people who make these games, recently been watching my sister play Banner Saga, that art in that game is amazing!

Acccent

At that point I wonder if it still ought to be called 'pixel art' though – I mean, looking at this, it seems the artists 'just' tried to make the background look as pretty and realistic as possible, and the pixelly aspect is simply due to hardware limitations...

wowzors

Sorry to ask this, but what does a foil card do? I haven't really ever noticed the trading cards before but I got a foil for buying some games in the sale.

Impossible, the game has been just released and it's already 33% off.
Also, it's an ugly game.

compared of all of those other really pretty wolfenstein games that never existed? Yeah, i totally agree with you.

you know what sucks? RMA'ing a video card. I'm on day 3....this is going to a rough ride guys.

I had to RMA a motherboard twice. Took me about a month before i was back in the game. It was awful.

nbthedude

I has -20% discount for me.
From 59,99€ to exordinary 47,99€!! What a steal!

The real ephiphany comes when you play it and realize what an awesome gem it is:

-poorly optimized port
-terribly flat main character and extremely dumb plot line
-random generic side quest spammed all over the in game map
-fairly standard GTA clone w/ hacking and nothing at all like the E3 reveal

It's not a terrible game but it sure as isn't the paradigm shift it was made out to be. I would argue that it is slightly above average at best.

[
BUY WOLFENSTEIN INSTEAD.

Umi88

Sorry to ask this, but what does a foil card do? I haven't really ever noticed the trading cards before but I got a foil for buying some games in the sale.

same as normal trading cars only that they are rarer/expensive and you can craft foil badges with them

Yrael

Makes a foil badge, if you collect enough of them. No real benefit to them, other than their rarity.

They tend to sell for a lot more than the usual cards.

It's just a more valuable version of the standard card. 1/100 chance or so. Allows you to craft a foil badge. Purely cosmetic really.

nbthedude

Every game has two badges and two sets of cards:

-regular cards which you can level up to a regular badge (repeat up to 5 times for higher EXP each level)

-foil cards which lead to a foil badge which you can only level up once.

Foil badges give higher XP and are more rare. I just sell foil cards. I don't ever bother leveling them personally.

you guys say sell them but when you've had a Toki Tori 2 foil for 3-4 months you'll realize that not every foil makes for a smooth and lucrative transaction.

Why have I not been getting cards for voting? I am signed in and it says I should have gotten four by now but I haven't gotten any

You're only Level 6, need to be level 8 to get cards. If you get to Level 8 before the end of the sale you'll get all the card you're owed.

nexen

wow - I thought it had almost universal love - definitely on my radar to pick up, everything I have read points to this being a fantastic game - but, to each their own.

New Wolfenstein is best Wolfenstein.

It is the best SP shooter that has been made in a very long time.

Xanathus

Oh hey, a Summer Adventure foil (card 10). Shame I don't have access to the market.

You could trade it to someone and have them sell it to you, then give you the steam money in the form of TF2 keys.

edit: oh wait it's not even worth 1 key, well maybe you could have them sell a bunch of other cards at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom