• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Secret World -- MB-63CC655FB198BC60 - Taken by Danielsan. 35 entrants total.

t1403890432z1.png

AkuMifune

Banned
Goodness gracious, there is some amazing pixel art out there. Wonder how long it takes to build a scene like that.

On another note, I finally won an M&M contest entry today! Already added to my Steam wallet (via Paypal to avoid the marketplace lockout). Sale monies get!

I finally won today too. And thanks for the clever idea of going through paypal, worked like a charm.

Now, here hoping for some sweet dailies!

tumblr_ly6e1fTPio1r8opuho1_500.gif

NoWayOut

So I got RE4 HD yesterday and it turned out to be $12 wasted. First of all, graphically speaking there is nothing in the game that is worth the HD moniker, except the fact that it runs smoothly at 60 fps.

The fov is so narrow and the camera is so close to the character that you don't even see if a monster is standing beside you.

If that was the only problem, it wouldn't be too bad, I don't mind some retro gaming. The gamebreaker for me are the controls. Both the 360 controller and M/K are terrible. The camera movements with the right stick have no impact on the direction you are moving, while the movement with the left stick is very unnatural, compared to all recent 3rd person action games.

Another title going in the Steam sale graveyard never to be seen again.

BruteUA

also, got a summer 8 foil...that i can't selll due to candy cash lockout.

i want someone to sell it then do a Bad Rats Giveaway

If you haven't passed off the card yet, here's my plan. Give me the card, I'll list it for whatever price you decide. When it sells, I'll kick in however much more money would be needed to get a copy of both Bad Rats and Marlow Briggs. Then we'll do a giveaway with either them both together as one prize or two separate mystery games.

iosefe

Open listing:

Free 8 Foil, i recommend selling to get money.

and i guess go buy LLTQ? that seems to be the big thing right now

If you haven't passed off the card yet, here's my plan. Give me the card, I'll list it for whatever price you decide. When it sells, I'll kick in however much more money would be needed to get a copy of both Bad Rats and Marlow Briggs. Then we'll do a giveaway with either them both together as one prize or two separate mystery games.
will it be a mystery raffle?. if so, i'm in.

_hekk05

Banned
Everybody's just gifting each other LLTQ.

Btw if anyone has extra battleblock heads from crafting summer badges can I have them?

So I got RE4 HD yesterday and it turned out to be $12 wasted. First of all, graphically speaking there is nothing in the game that is worth the HD moniker, except the fact that it runs smoothly at 60 fps.

The fov is so narrow and the camera is so close to the character that you don't even see if a monster is standing beside you.

If that was the only problem, it wouldn't be too bad, I don't mind some retro gaming. The gamebreaker for me are the controls. Both the 360 controller and M/K are terrible. The camera movements with the right stick have no impact on the direction you are moving, while the movement with the left stick is very unnatural, compared to all recent 3rd person action games.

Is this your first time play RE4?

I'm envious.

Keep at it. The controls have always been a bit awkward but stick with it. It's considered one of the best games ever for a reason.

Also, HD just implies that it's running in high resolutions. In this sense, it's very much HD.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can still trade can't you?

nudgenudgewinkwink

Oh yeah:

Jase, have you seen "How I Live Now"?

Impressions?

I'd say it's worth a watch overall if the premise interests you. The fist half, while visually nice, is rather rushed as far as characterisation is concerned, which hurts the core of the film as the relationship between Daisy and Eddie feels egregiously underdeveloped. The film is at its best in the second half as it chiefly focuses on the relationship that develops between Daisy and Piper, which works in part because the young actress who plays Piper actually puts on a good show (I recall reading she was nominated for some award, which was nice to see). I was also rather fond of the largely-acoustic soundtrack, which I still throw on every now and then when I'm indecisive and just want to listen to something (fun fact: Saoirse also starred in the music video for the film's closing credits track, which has grown on me). Speaking of, Saoirse's great -- I'd put her performance ahead of that in Hanna but behind The Lovely Bones. I really hope Mary Queen of Scots gets off the ground as I think it has an honest shot at "dethroning" TLB.

What game is this?

La Mulana.

Guys, I'm looking for a game to help me start getting into the RTS genre. Is there any game or series I should be on the lookout for during the sale?

Guys, I'm looking for a game to help me start getting into the RTS genre. Is there any game or series I should be on the lookout for during the sale?

Supreme Commander or the sequel. Though I think the first was a flash sale already.

Age of Empires I suppose, though the game is so slow compared to modern RTS.

or maybe...

DAWN OF WAR

GET DAWN OF WAR 1 AND ITS EXPANSIONS NOW

Just got LLTQ because of this sale... spent 2 hours and died 2 times, but I managed to live (in the least honorable way possible) to be queen! Now to play again and lay waste as a conquerer.

MisterM

Depends on what type of RTS you're looking for.

If you want slow and strategic, AoE II.

If you want faster paced and pew pew pew with bases, DoW I

Faster paced, without bases DoW II / CoH 2

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Today is my birthday, I am expecting valve to put up awesome games on sale in 2ish hours for me.

Gonna spend all day playing EU4 I got yesterday, wooooooooo

MikeDown

Banned
On Steam I would recommend anything from the Total War series, I really wouldn't truly call it an RTS though, alot of turn based management in the campaign.

Also Supreme Commander series is pretty good, sometimes it can be overwhelming though with managing the economy and learning the game's secrets to success.

Best game out there IMO is Empire Earth. It is old, be a very good and very solid RTS, I recommend checking it out. There is alot of depth to it, but it isn't something that is overwhelming either.

garath

I bought Long live the Queen last sale. Neat little game. So many choice, so many consequences. Worth the buy for $2.50 for sure.

Hanzou

Controls are a little weird but that is part of resident evil. Try playing some more as it is the best 3rd person game ever in my opinion.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is Ikaruga a flash or something? I didn't see it this morning.

Is Marlow Briggs actually good or is it that you guys can't help yourself from buying a $.99 game?

It's a fun lower budget action game with similarities to God of War. It's clear they had a lot of ideas and did a great job with what they had. For $.99, it's a good deal.

So I promised myself I'd start giving away games after I win a game from ModBot, but it seems that ModBot hates me or something cause I have not won a single one. So I'm going to give a game away anyways, because fuck you ModBot:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-C2A719E52F8BB997 - Taken by Sky Chief. 17 entrants total.

t1403881242z1.png

Picked up Long Live the Queen because it seems right up my alley. First purchase of the sale actually, which might just be a product of having reached the point where most of the stuff I want the most is already in my library (although I figure I'll probably get at least a couple more games before the sale is done).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom