• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Please let me know if ModBot totally barfs in the next few minutes, I did a bunch of code changes behind the scenes (mostly with how configuration data is loaded so that ModBot's account authentication is stored separately from the main code in case I ever want to share the code)

Guuys I want a huge RPG fix after finishing Child of Light and Transistor. Something akin to Dragon Age: Origins. I'm waiting on BG2 (never played, though I have the original game from gog). Tried Inquisitor but bad animations kinda turned me off.

Divinity: Original Sin.

nexen

Maybe Shadowrun Returns? Although I don't know if it's huge. Maybe main campaign with DLC it is?

I'm playing through Shadowrun Returns right now. It is Baldurs Gate very-lite so far, but I still love it.
Apparently the DLC is way better.(edit: I would totally NOT describe the vanilla campaign as 'epic'. It is very short and more of a gumshoe+combat thing)

I've also heard lots of good things about Divinity Original Sin.

Salsa

The Steam vultures circle, thirsting for free card money.

can you even believe this class

J5Nr5FP.png

Mono

Oh goodness, I just got like 15 friend requests and have no idea how I'm going to do this. :O First come first served I suppose? Message me!

Tellaerin

Guuys I want a huge RPG fix after finishing Child of Light and Transistor. Something akin to Dragon Age: Origins. I'm waiting on BG2 (never played, though I have the original game from gog). Tried Inquisitor but bad animations kinda turned me off.

Though I haven't gotten around to playing it myself yet, I've heard good things about Divinity II: Developer's Cut from a couple of people here. Might be worth a look.

tylerf

If I wanted to give a go at actually learning how to properly play Civ 5 instead of just mashing buttons do I need to get Brave New World or is G&K enough?

Oh goodness, I just got like 15 friend requests and have no idea how I'm going to do this. :O First come first served I suppose? Message me!

Thanks!

In the spirit of giving:

I got 2 Pixel Pirate coupons and one Endless Space and one Endless Space Disharmony.

denx

If I wanted to give a go at actually learning how to properly play Civ 5 instead of just mashing buttons do I need to get Brave New World or is G&K enough?

How the fuck do you even play Civ 5 by mashing buttons? lol

Get BNW. It includes evry mechanic introduced in G&K but not the civs included in that expansion.

derExperte

As a dirty american the only entertainment I managed to derive from the entire world cup was the cannibalistic outburst of mr. Suarez. Thank you, Uruguay.

Why aren't you in the football thread posting pictures of eagles? Do you hate your country? And freedom?

Salsa

people who want you to add them for whatever reason and instead of posting a link go "feel free to add me! steam id: somethingsomething" have a special place in hell

not only are there probably docens of people with your name but steam's search engine is absolute crap

and you're making me take extra steps

so go to hell by dying the most painful death

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My List so far this sale...

• Mirror's Edge
  • Dark Souls II (Gift)
  • Marlow Brigs
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Nosgoth
  • Puzzler World 2
  • Metro 2033
  • Adventures of Shuggy
  • Fable: The Lost Chapters
  • Batman Arkham City GOTY
  • Batman Arkam Asylum GOTY
  • Batman Arkham Origins "Blackgate" (damn you Amazon!)
  • Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
  • Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III

All this for less than $50. God damn Steam is delicious!

I have $27 in my wallet still. Bring it on!!

Shepard

Toma did a thread on one called Inquisitor that's apparently really good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842309&highlight=inquisitor
Bought it after seeing that thread. Maybe Ill give it a second chance, played just a few minutes of it.
Maybe Shadowrun Returns? Although I don't know if it's huge. Maybe main campaign with DLC it is?

Divinity: Original Sin.
Both games are turn-based right? I've also got both sitting in my lib, and I'll certainly play them sooner or later. I'm just waiting a bit on Divinity for them to iron out the initial bugs and all.

Though I haven't gotten around to playing it myself yet, I've heard good things about Divinity II: Developer's Cut from a couple of people here. Might be worth a look.

That's one game on my backlog that I think I never even installed. I'll give it a shot.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
people who want you to add them for whatever reason and instead of posting a link go "feel free to add me! steam id: somethingsomething" have a special place in hell

not only are there probably docens of people with your name but steam's search engine is absolute crap

and you're making me take extra steps

so go to hell by dying the most painful death

Which is worse though? The extra steps or not knowing who is even who anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom