• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Not a whole lot so far. Waiting to see if Dark Souls 2 gets a bigger discount. Also wanting ikaruga deal.

Gone Home
Final Fantasy VIII
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
Shadowrun Returns Deluxe
Papers, Please
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Bulletstorm
The Dark Eye - Chains of Satinav
Endless Space - Disharmony
Divinity Original Sin
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Forbidden Worlds, Sins: Rebellion Stellar Phenomena DLC

NewFresh

• Best Lists of games bought on steam
  • Top Ten Most Underrated Deals
  • 75 things you didn't know about Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Games bought on GOG during the free game deals

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
...why are you Steam friends with people who will make fun of you for buying games? Like, if someone is going to mock you about what you buy, or the fact that you buy it, then why are they even your friend on there in the first place?

Why would you buy that stupid long live the queen game. You should totally have bought call of duty instead

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
the only list that matters

J4qMwIW.png

Ha! I love the "Make a LTTP thread for something that doesn't exist". Oh Mandrake you so crazy.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Thank god I went to sleep and don't have to see all those terrible lists.

Here's a list of countermeasures:

-Don't have dickwads on your friendslist

There's a ton of dickwads who act like nice people, but are dickwads about games. You go to any city and talk to a gamer (all ages), but you'll find that one dickwad. The guy who wants to make himself look like he's a retired gamer of the 21st century. F*cking annoying. I'm being an adult here, it's f*cking annoying.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
What would the lovely guys and gals of NeoGAF recommend for someone that wants to buy Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Digital Deluxe Edition, but would rather pay the US price of $7.50USD (down from $30USD) instead of the AU price of $20USD (down from $80USD)?

squidyj

Oh wow I won dark souls. Thank you so much Sera O! It's much appreciated

Anyway GAF I've never played a dark souls game

Can anyone give me some tips for a noob who's not very good at games anyway?

I'm getting prepared to die over and over again

Throw away your shield, you won't need it. Learn about rolling and I-frames, parrying in dark souls is probably the easiest out of the three souls games IMO and is very useful in some situations, so maybe don't throw out your shield but keep a wee one just for parrying.

Seriously, advancing behind a heavy shield is the most boring way to play the game, it reduces your need and desire to react to enemy attack patterns and it makes the game slower. it's also not 100% effective. It's best, for fun and profit, that you learn how to dodge.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that there should be one or two dedicated utilities sale slots in addition to all the normal sale slots, but I think you're off on the relevancy thing. It seems to me that the Steam audience is a large part of who sales on these products are targeted towards. Think about it: tons of teens/young adults with free time, who are interested in games. In a time when things like Unity, Unreal Engine, hell even RPG Maker for that matter are more widely available and accessible than ever before, you're seeing more game players aspire to being game makers. Seeing tools like this on the Steam front page, prices slashed, is encouraging, whereas in years past you had to know what you essentially needed to know they existed to even know to find them in the first place. This way, it's so easy to see what's available for use, and that alone can help foster creative thinking. This is absolutely the relevant crowd for these things, and I think it's pretty great that they're there.
You're right, it's probably more relevant than I made it out to be. Still, it's a niche aspect of what was traditionally a gaming service. They should get their own section.

Got a new PC just in time for the sales and I've picked up a lot less than I thought I would so far. Not very impressed with some of the discounts and the selection of games offered.

Bioshock Infinite (part of the Bioshock Collection I bought) is probably my best buy so far alongside Risk of Rain. Nothing else has popped out at me.
Not just you. This sale hasn't been as good as past ones.

Turfster

What would the lovely guys and gals of NeoGAF recommend for someone that wants to buy Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Digital Deluxe Edition, but would rather pay the US price of $7.50USD (down from $30USD) instead of the AU price of $20USD (down from $80USD)?
Find a friendly US gaffer.
Not one of these jerks that make fun of me and don't listen to me, tho =p

Somebody be a pal and help them

Lomax

of course the cards will crash, they disappear after the sales, people will take cents rather than nothing

whoever didnt sell on the first days lost a chance at quite a few potential bucks

selling now and making the badge on the last day is what people have been saying since the start

The winter sale cards never really crashed, in fact in the last few hours they actually bumped back up a little from last minute badge making. The gradual drop from this sale has been slightly less steep but not a lot different.

rtcn63

Things I would do to get answers if I were Jack Bauer

- Punch people in the dick
- Force people to punch themselves in the dick
- DAMNIT CHLOE

On topic, anyone else notice that Lara Croft just hates the fact that other people are alive?

Shadownet

Banned

I can probably help you out. I helped some out out earlier with Sleeping Dogs.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
...why are you Steam friends with people who will make fun of you for buying games? Like, if someone is going to mock you about what you buy, or the fact that you buy it, then why are they even your friend on there in the first place?

I think those people play a certain game, live their life, then feel like their accomplishments in life supercede whatever you enjoy. I think it's common, but no one speaks up about it. It's like a person who just found out what video games were judging you. If they don't like it, leave it the f*ck alone. Steams policies should follow this. People can be assholes. I also don't like sharing everything.

You're right, it's probably more relevant than I made it out to be. Still, it's a niche aspect of what was traditionally a gaming service. They should get their own section.

Totally agree.

Games related: I've been eyeing Banished. Up and down. Sexily. Anyone have some impressions I could roll around in my mouth, spit out, and make a decision?

derExperte

countries that'll win totally fair tomorrow but people will still witch-hunt bitch about as if everyone was suarez:

• urgay

Joking aside it would greatly help the team's/country's reputation if they would at least somewhat own up to what happened instead of seemingly support the cannibalistic ways of the Suarez by talking about international conspiracies and such.

Shepard

Guuys I want a huge RPG fix after finishing Child of Light and Transistor. Something akin to Dragon Age: Origins. I'm waiting on BG2 (never played, though I have the original game from gog). Tried Inquisitor but bad animations kinda turned me off.

Salsa

Shovel Knight is so good I would have finished the superior version on the first day but im trying to pace myself throught it

almost done tho

Tellaerin

There's a ton of dickwads who act like nice people, but are dickwads about games. You go to any city and talk to a gamer (all ages), but you'll find that one dickwad. The guy who wants to make himself look like he's a retired gamer of the 21st century. F*cking annoying. I'm being an adult here, it's f*cking annoying.

Oh crap. You have Derrick on your friends list. >_<

Dambrosi

Banned
Joking aside it would greatly help the team's/country's reputation if they would at least somewhat own up to what happened instead of seemingly support the cannibalistic ways of the Suarez by talking about international conspiracies and such.
Oh, they aren't blaming everybody else for the Count of Montevideo's love-bite, are they? That's comedy platinum right there.

nexen

As a dirty american the only entertainment I managed to derive from the entire world cup was the cannibalistic outburst of mr. Suarez. Thank you, Uruguay.

Oh, they aren't blaming everybody else for Count Luis' love-bite,are they? That's comedy platinum right there.

The prez was blaming society. Jaws grew up in the hood, yo.

biocat

Guuys I want a huge RPG fix after finishing Child of Light and Transistor. Something akin to Dragon Age: Origins. I'm waiting on BG2 (never played, though I have the original game from gog). Tried Inquisitor but bad animations kinda turned me off.
Maybe Shadowrun Returns? Although I don't know if it's huge. Maybe main campaign with DLC it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom