• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT4| Utilities, Dormers, and lists! Oh my!

marrec

Banned
Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT4| Utilities, Dormers, and lists! Oh my!

Natalie Dormers?

UWP6wPD.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
... this is actually a fucking fantastic idea. Do it.

Upsides:
- Would let people give away cards
- Would let people give away coupons
- Would make giving away purchased games WAY easier than with the current email-to-self system
- If I ever needed to pay to keep ModBot running (so far it's been my desktop computer or a generously donated VPS), I could pretty easily take cards as "donations" and sell them and launder the Steam credit to be able to pay for ModBot's server (Flip side: Appearance of impropriety?)
- Fun learning experience

Downsides:
- Someone already uses the name ModBot on Steam.
- It'd take a bunch of time for me to write
- It'd add to ModBot's processor footprint which will I'm sure eventually require me to pay for a full VPS for it.
- The rest of ModBot is written in Python and last I checked the frameworks for connecting and interfacing with Steam in Python aren't great.

Spinluck

11 months 2 weeks
Games submitted to ModBot (including errors, duplicates, tests, etc): 25,584
Games claimed successfully: 23,644
Number of entry PMs: 164,451
Number of users who have PMed ModBot: 4,056
Number of users who have won at least one game: 2,160
Number of users who have given away at least one game: 1,321

Most common giveaways*:
1) Bastion
2) Mark of the Ninja
3) Thomas Was Alone
4) Dead Space
5) Mirror's Edge
6) Fez
7) Little Inferno
8) FTL

All good games, I was part of the Bastion madness.

Mono

Upsides:
- Would let people give away cards
- Would let people give away coupons
- Would make giving away purchased games WAY easier than with the current email-to-self system
- If I ever needed to pay to keep ModBot running (so far it's been my desktop computer or a generously donated VPS), I could pretty easily take cards as "donations" and sell them and launder the Steam credit to be able to pay for ModBot's server (Flip side: Appearance of impropriety?)
- Fun learning experience

Downsides:
- Someone already uses the name ModBot on Steam.
- It'd take a bunch of time for me to write
- It'd add to ModBot's processor footprint which will I'm sure eventually require me to pay for a full VPS for it.
- The rest of ModBot is written in Python and last I checked the frameworks for connecting and interfacing with Steam in Python aren't great.

You'd probably just to straight up ban Toki Tori 2+ coupons; they might flood and break the entire system.

Guuys I want a huge RPG fix after finishing Child of Light and Transistor. Something akin to Dragon Age: Origins. I'm waiting on BG2 (never played, though I have the original game from gog). Tried Inquisitor but bad animations kinda turned me off.

Real time with Pause:

• Aarklash Legacy
  • Torchlight 1 + 2
  • The Adventures of Van Helsing 1 + 2
  • Krater
  • Forced
Turn Based:

• Blackguards
  • Shadow Run Returns + DLC
  • Expedition Conquistidors
  • Winter Voices

My haul so far:

• Broforce (right before the sale)
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Pinball Arcade Starter Pack (one CENT in-game special)
  • Can't Stop Laughing Bundle (Castle Crashers/Battleblock)
  • Blackwell Bundle (4 Blackwell games)
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
  • Defy Gravity (74 cents)
  • Castle Crasher DLC (9 cents each)
  • Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition (Amazon - includes DLC)

Is Amnesia Machine for Pigs worth it at $5?

I have the Dark Descent and I like it pretty well (although I haven't finished it, as the part I'm at is pretty damn stressful). I prefer Outlast overall.

Does this game have a good story and atmosphere? That's mainly what I'm looking for in it. Obviously I want it to be scary, or at least creepy/disturbing, and I don't need the gameplay to be any more complex than Outlast.

I've heard a lot of mixed/negative things on this game though.

kris.

Banned
everyone's free to add me if you wanna play some payday 2 because i just played a heist with some randoms and it was awful, would much rather play with some GAF brethren

uhhhkris

nexen

Van Helsing is one of the most overrated games I've bought because of GAF hype.
fun for the first hour then...oh god, no....just no.

Prodigal

Banned
I'm not really sure what Valve could really do at this point to continually make their sales as good as previous ones. I'm sure this has been said countless times but the rate new games come out and the rate people buy games on sale don't equate. I agree they could throw in some more obscure games in there but they're obscure for a reason (i.e. they don't sell well).

You know, sometimes I hate using Fire/Cyberfox. If someone posts up about wanting to be added to the Steam group, I can't do it. Or... I can, through the slow as poop client. But then I gotta search for them and add them that way. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom