• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

LGom09

Keyboard and mouse... although I bought the game back when that was still the only option. Too accustomed to it now to switch to controller, heh.

Oh, so it was designed around K+M controls? I've been playing with a DS3, but I might have to switch over.

Arthea

oh noes, Sonic fanart galore
*leaves thread immediately*

I see some people bought 100% Orange Juice fun, add me for some online action when you'll decide to have any.

Here's my last one for awhile, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Runaway, A Road Adventure -- MB-280D4634582A06AD - Taken by Brannon

Jeremy

I can't stop playing Rogue Legacy. At first I was just like, "yeah ok whatever" and now I've racked up four hours and even though I've only made a small dent in progress, every time I say one more run I put in an extra 15 minutes.

I really hope the Isometric - RPG pack wins for those who missed Divinity. Don't let it go again!

I can't stop playing Rogue Legacy. At first I was just like, "yeah ok whatever" and now I've racked up four hours and even though I've only made a small dent in progress, every time I say one more run I put in an extra 15 minutes.

I still can't get into this game, and I like 2D action platformers for the most part. Is it part of some genre that maybe I don't like?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Cloudbuilt seems to be very fun, but it runs pretty bad on my PC, and it also crashed twice when trying to launch a level. I don't know the reason for that, but this is not nice.

I really hope the Isometric - RPG pack wins for those who missed Divinity. Don't let it go again!

I found it to be a great game to play in short bursts. Every other day 30 minutes to an hour. Otherwise it'll get dull.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Final reminder!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-A65AA3AABCCAF8C6 - Taken by Nibiru. 107 entrants total.

t1404002972z1.png

QcaKxiy.gif

Gangxxter

Lol, I just realized that I actually won a double-pack of The Ship earlier. At first I thought the gift in my inventory is a Steam bug.
So here it is for you to grab, first come first served. I also added two unclaimed keys from an old raffle I posted here a while ago.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gangxxter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Ship (Complete Pack) -- MB-C854EBA060FB31FC - Taken by Yrael
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B49C54655603CA1E
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-AD72063628427E08 - Taken by City 17

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Huh, I've made £4.90 profit from the Marketplace so far after having spent £7.50 in it, not too shabby. My calculations have me having spent £58.73 in the sale, including gifts and giveaways.

Jeremy

Told ya'll the community couldn't be trusted for Divinity. Indie Space wins.

Sorry guys, maybe next winter! Will give you time to reflect on some life choices aka not purchasing Divinity.

e: forgot about encore... maybe y'all will get lucky.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
But do you still play and like these games if you don't worry about the time? Especially Mirror's edge?

Because you can play Cloudbuilt (and will for first playthroughs of stages) by ignoring the time trial mechanic and making it through as slowly as you need to. Granted, top times (and completion of different modes like "No Bullets") are connected to how many extra lives you get to beat levels.

See this bad boy obstacle here? Screw times, you'll be wondering how the hell you can get way up there through all that boost-management heavy wallrunning in one go. Because failing likely means death, I sure took my sweet-ass time with it.

I watched some videos and there's seems to me a story and you can complee the levels, it's not just "hey here's a list of stages and you need to be good at them to get anything out of this".

I think I'll buy it. I wonder when will this be in a humble bundle though.... hhmmmm...

Dying a lot IS part of the game.

That didn't stop me from loving Super Meat Boy, though. I don't think it's holding me back either, but the mechanics just bore me within a really short span of time.

I found it to be a great game to play in short bursts. Every other day 30 minutes to an hour. Otherwise it'll get dull.

This is more how I feel, although it gets dull after 10 minutes or so.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's to show who the real winners are, the gamers. After all, who's all this for?

I wasn't winning when the entire town was covered in red the past few days.

Told ya'll the community couldn't be trusted for Divinity. Indie Space wins.

At this point everyone should know not to depend on community votes for anything. Most games cycle between dailies/flash sales/votes. Always pick up something you really want when it's in the first two categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom