• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few extra games floating around my steam inventory. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Epidemid -- MB-7C92203456CDB4CA - Taken by Crayons

Menome

Eh, might as well risk winning Bad Rats. So it'll either be an unpleasant or an unexpected surprise when I wake up tomorrow, if I've won.

Grief.exe

I bought Wolfenstein and also got the 7.50 wolf pack that comes with Return to Castle Wolfenstein. While wolf is downloading i decided to load it up.

Found a proper graphics widescreen and bugfix patch in the community area. The game still looks and plays incredibly well, and now i kinda just want to play it. Really solid textures go a long way for this game. Surprised at how easy i got it all working.

I've been on an original Xbox generation kick lately with Riddick and San Andreas. Maybe I should just continue that going forward with Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I'm of the belief that PS2/Xbox/GC games were the first generation from the 3D era that will hold up for all time, especially when those games are running natively on PC or are easy to emulate.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I've been on an original Xbox generation kick lately with Riddick and San Andreas. Maybe I should just continue that going forward with Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

honestly get it, im amazed how good it still looks. Only thing had to do beside the community patch was use v-sync through nvidia cause the in-game sync doesnt seem to work.

Also someone explain to me how RTCW has cloud saves and the new one doesnt. They must have patched up the old games.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And now less than an hour to go!

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-3D97045E7E091585 - Taken by t0rment

t1404004032z1.png

Grief.exe

Valve needs to update their Android app as an alternative store, similar to the Amazon App Store. Playing Cook Serve Delicious, Baldur's Gate II, or Shadowrun on the go, then coming back home and seamlessly continuing play through Cloud Save would be convenient to say the least.

honestly get it, im amazed how good it still looks. Only thing had to do beside the community patch was use v-sync through nvidia cause the in-game sync doesnt seem to work.

Also someone explain to me how RTCW has cloud saves and the new one doesnt. They must have patched up the old games.

Already have it, been wanting to play through that one again for a while now.

Here's another... enjoy!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cthulu Saves the World -- MB-4811978D35E17181 - Taken by City 17

wildfire

Banned
Their android app is a joke. Considering everything else they do I wonder why it works nothing like steam or is it they feel they need to provide cross platform purchases?

Another little giveaway, hope you guys enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragonborn:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-885ABD73D0612157

t1404011651z1.png

Valve needs to update their Android app as an alternative store, similar to the Amazon App Store. Playing Cook Serve Delicious, Baldur's Gate II, or Shadowrun on the go, then coming back home and seamlessly continuing play through Cloud Save would be convenient to say the least.

To be honest, right now I just wish they'd match the update to the IOS version, since the Android client hasn't been updated in about 3 years iirc. But a full client with game syncing, and in-home streaming would be amazing.

Strider

I just bought the GTA complete pack and was thinking I'd play San Andreas first. I never beat it and haven't played it in years. Are you playing with any mods?

Turfster

Their android app is a joke. Considering everything else they do I wonder why it works nothing like steam or is it they feel they need to provide cross platform purchases?

I don't think anyone is actually still working on the android (and possibly iOS) apps anymore these days.

tav7623

Already have it, been wanting to play through that one again for a while now.

They also need to fix/update the iPhone app so that you can use the funds on your Apple ID account (such as itunes gift cards) to buy games.

Autofokus

I know of two computer entertainment systems who already do cross-save/buy, but I heard they were for peasants. ;)

Wow, every day skimming through +40 pages where I left off to sleep. Incredibly fast moving thread.

Stump I have a question about entering giveaways. If I'd enter multiple giveaways at the same time, does ModBot automatically put me on time-out/throttle ?

There are several ones now and I don't know if it's more respectable to enter only one or all the ones that interest me. It's also kind of greedy to enter multiple one, right?

UncleBiz

I should really learn how to do the TF2 key thing one of these days.

It's pretty easy, I just started doing it this sale. Basically, just make sure the game you want is region-free and find someone selling it for keys on a site like tf2outpost. Then you just buy x number of keys from the marketplace and trade them for the game.

Here's a few more. I hope someone ends up playing these :)

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-F0399038B9D10528 - Taken by tioslash
Breath of Death VII -- MB-5C7F643E2747AFC0 - Taken by user237

tav7623

But then they'd need to give Apple a cut, no?

I have no idea if that would be the case or not or how that whole deal works, all I know is that there are some iPhone/iPad apps where you can make "in app" purchases (such as the Marvel app) using the money on your Apple ID and that I'd like to be able to do that in the Steam app (would also like do that in the Amazon app) so I can use some iTunes gift cards I got around Christmas to get a couple of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom