• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dambrosi

Banned
As we draw to a close on this Summer Sale, I have to salute my fellow games. Hope you all got what you came in for!

See you next year:

HM10BgM.jpg
Holy shit, I did not know that Witcher 3 was a full sixty bucks.

Also, why'd you leave a blank space in the top-middle block? Is that supposed to be a glitch, or some imaginary game that doesn't exist?

oipic

Just got gifted Cloudbuilt from oipic. I love steamgaf! :)

I was almost going to buy it myself too.

I was gifted a copy very kindly by one of SteamGAF's favourite sons (I hope to return fire when he's least expecting it), so it's only fair to spread the love.

SteamGAF <3

Arthea

Summer cards aren't getting cheaper, afair in winter we went under 10 cents suring the sale.

It was in a community vote and lost to Alan Wake.

prices will drop, when metagame ends, tomorrow

I already can vividly see myself flipping tables when that inevitably happens

liezryou

prices will drop, when metagame ends, tomorrow

I already can vividly see myself flipping tables when that inevitably happens

No they still won't. Because people would rather see their cards disappear then relist them for a price they will actually sell at. Same thing happened winter sale. Literally thousands of cards on the market that woulda sold had they placed them at the absolute minimum.

Some people just wanna see the world burn.

Ruruja

Hmm, I've seen this GIF flung around a lot over the internet, but how come it always seems to be a shitty quality? I feel that by now a high quality version should be circulating the rounds by now at least.

The guy who recorded that part of the game and made it zoom in on his face perfectly released it in that shitty quality. Someone would have to attempt to recreate it and nobody wants that now do they?

Oreoleo

What are their average prices? I've never even looked at community market until this sale. Someone saying that Steam keys got higher during sales made me think they were actually up instead of down.

Well keys sell from Valve for $2.49, so they tend to hover around there or just below it at ~2.40 or so on the community market. You can see in the market history key prices actually peaked at $2.56 the day before the sale and within a day were down to ~$2.25 and continued to trend downwards for a few days, finally bottoming out at $2.18. It's only a couple cents at the end of the day but that is a pretty substantial % difference in price for something that is used as a standard for purchasing games and in-game items that have a set value.

Space won, great. Chances of getting FTL are rising.

Hey, Steam-Gaf. Since this is my first steam sale, pease be gentle if the question is stupid/self-evident.

There are some games I am interested in, but they are not frontpage deals.
According to op/advice the rule is to wait for the last day of sale.
That day is tomorrow, and the games I have an eye on have 48hours deals currently, so they are dailies? And since tomorrow is the last day is it unlikely for those games to get last day deals before the 48hour-deal is over, right?

I am still gonna wait, but I'd like to know beforehand how the last day of sale works.

Turfster

Flash
  • Broken Sword 5 66% off
  • Divinity Dragon Commander 75% off
  • Dust 80% off
  • Orcs Must Die 2 80% off
Community choice
  • FTL 60% off
  • The Swapper 80% off
  • Strike Vector 75% off
  • The Last Federation 40% off
Community votes
Pack 1:
  • Crysis 75% off
  • Defense Grid 90% off
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown 67% off
  • Duke Nukem 3D 85% off
Pack 2:
  • Collar Duty Blops 2 50% off
  • Deadlight 80% off
  • Organ Trail 60% off
  • State of Decay 75% off

Jeremy

Yeah, these are pretty shit. I'm going to investigate and figure out if any games I want are going to expire soon. I'm worried about that.

Uzzy

Never played the Baldur's Gate games but dunno if I want the enhanced or regular editions :O

If you've never played them, I'd go with the enhanced editions, especially now that they're on sale. Just having modern resolutions and widescreen support out the box makes it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom