• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Last Reminder! Less than 5 minutes to go for my giveaway.

Figured I would do my first giveaway with one of my favorite games of last generation :D

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-3D97045E7E091585 - Taken by t0rment. 64 entrants total.

t1404004032z1.png

Eusis

wow seriously??? WTF no way I thought turn based rpg would lose. Noooo Expeditions: conquistador for $4 was my sweet spot D: smh @ some of these community decisions.
I can never underestimate how fucking dumb community can be. Yeah man we had like a hundred opportunities to get FTL for cheap but we're voting it in ANYWAY!!!

At least Dragon Commander's on sale.

dani_dc

When I was making my Hidden Deals thread, I noticed while most regular sales expire on the morning of the 30th, there's a number that will expire in 16 hours from now.

Really? That's odd, lots of title say "Summer Deal, ending in 40 hours" right now.

Going to have to go through the Hidden Deal thread today then I guess.

yami4ct

Man, Flash Sales have been a real flop for me this year. Dailies and communities have been a bit better, but F1 2013 was the only thing I grabbed from flash deals.

As for Aliens v Zombies, I went Aliens because I love Xcom and really like Crysis, but 90% chance Zombies takes it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I discovered this awesome little game on Steam and decided to share it with GAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bronetta:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-9BFAC4F3B993EC10

t1404004656z1.png

If you've never played them, I'd go with the enhanced editions, especially now that they're on sale. Just having modern resolutions and widescreen support out the box makes it worthwhile.

Gotcha. Was hesitant cause I remember reading about a buggy launch. Seems they've been ironed out.

Off to buy 'em!

Eusis

I voted for Aliens out of principle.

Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>> Zombies
I... yeah, I did the same.

I tried to think about it more seriously when looking at the titles offered, but I looked at what they're pitching the choices as and fuck zombies. Overdone to hell and back.

Time to dig through my wishlist and see if there are any cheap games I want that might expire before I can sell stuff on the market again...I was going to buy a whole bunch of stuff after selling cards but oh well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I just sent Payday to a friend as a (very late) birthday gift, and I got a foil sale card as a gift from Gabe. That was nice!

Neonsands

Neo Member
I don't really get why. But two times I watched the points going up, Red has dropped places by having literally thousands of points erased. Why would they remove points?

natertots

So I should give up my hope of getting SSFIVAE at this point right? Looks like I'll be picking up deadly premonition and seeing if there's anything else I want.

yami4ct

I don't really get why. But two times I watched the points going up, Red has dropped places by having literally thousands of points erased. Why would they remove points?

Wasn't there some points stealing item that could drop with badge crafts? I feel like I saw that somewhere. If so, makes sense everyone's targeting red since they've won so much.

Man, Reccateer still isn't going to drop below 50% off, is it? Feels like that game hasn't had a good sale in a while. Sure $10 isn't much, but it's enough to make me keep waiting. I have enough stuff to play as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom