• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Voted Aliens. Been wanting Duke Nukem 3D on steam, but don't want to spend even the $5 on a game I already own >.>

Gangxxter

Ooooo, might get Broken Sword 5.

I've heard it's not as good as the first two, though.
But it's daaaaaaamn close to be as good as BS 1&2.

Broken Sword 5 is really a great game, go get it now if you like classic point & click adventure games. $8.50 is a steal!

People vote ALIENS
ibnJP73zJDbO8C.PNG

Crysis is one of the few games I desperately wanted from this sale ;_;

Do it people, for great justice!

The community vote options are funny since half those games are what I'd think the recap daily for tomorrow would be.

Nice to see orcs must die show up as a flash sale though. Not sure if $10 is the right price for divinity commander

KissVibes

Banned
Has anyone here bought Strike Vector? I keep thinking about pulling the trigger on it but I keep hesitating.

Communitiy's Choice - Aliens
>Crysis

Woah.
Isn't that a spoiler?

It's been seven years and the entire selling point of Crysis 2 & 3 were zombies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
masochist giveaway #3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-1B978AEA4EC274DF - Taken by soapypanda. 3 entrants total.

t1404005224z1.png

The_Monk

More people need to play Defense Grid, vote that!

Defense Grid 2 is also coming soon, from the little I played during Beta seems nice but I'm going to play a bit more in the future.

wHu6pFw.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-E037FE8A4B47BE4D
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6F88A13F8B97A0C3 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C6F14D5A5EE06C0D
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-40840119B5AAEEB7 - Taken by dream
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-03CF13D4DA2C7C29 - Taken by Sajjaja

t1404075335z1.png

Looking to craft my summer adventure badge. I have extra card 2, 3, and 7. I need 4, 5, 9, and 10. Anyone willing to trade? Add me on steam. My name is deliverypizza

Caerith

Wasn't there some points stealing item that could drop with badge crafts? I feel like I saw that somewhere. If so, makes sense everyone's targeting red since they've won so much.

Man, Reccateer still isn't going to drop below 50% off, is it? Feels like that game hasn't had a good sale in a while. Sure $10 isn't much, but it's enough to make me keep waiting. I have enough stuff to play as it is.

Recettear probably could have been picked for a flash sale at -75%, but those slots are usually reserved for, like, Alan Wake.

dot

If the last vote is pirates vs ninjas Naruto better win or i'm gonna be mad.

Assuming Naruto is in the category in the first place..

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
It's too bad, I have voted in almost every community choice and I don't think mine has been picked once. So many games I was interested in and they're still sitting in my wishlist waiting on those deeper discounts. Ah well, I'll still snag some of them regardless. I could get them cheaper on GOG during the flash sale cycles they are having, but I'd rather have everything on my Steam account if possible.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
More people need to play Defense Grid, vote that!

Defense Grid 2 is also coming soon, from the little I played during Beta seems nice but I'm going to play a bit more in the future.

Defense Grid is ace!

I also backed the second one and played the beta some hours, this stuff gonna be good! :)

Picked up Broken Sword 5, been a fan of the original two games, probably should've supported Revolution day one but just didn't like the release strategy. Happy to get in now.

Hoping for Ikaruga still.

Oreoleo

PLEASE vote zombies, people!

So bummed I missed State of Decay earlier in the sale, I'be been waiting and waiting for the repeat.

Jeremy

Convinced there are going to be people saying stuff like

"Do you guys think they might surprise us the day after the official Summer Sale with a deeper discount on Ikaruga?"

MadGear

Damn, Crysis 1? With my recent purchase of Assetto Corsa i thought to be finished with this Steam sale. Better vote for Zombies to resist any further temptation :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well, rolling with the Silent Hill theme...

>New Community and Flash Sales come in...

Brookhaven_Keypad.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Pure beard, grey like a stormy cloud —
You are always growing it out
and I am always looking at it.
Ah, you're too meek —
Scruffy, calculating:
thus I'm so sad, I suffer —
and so happy, it hurts.
I want to hurt Steam
and destroy my wallet
What you would think
if you knew how I felt.
Would you simply delay Half-Life 3,
not saying a word?
Even delays from your mouth
would be as beautiful as pearls.
I place my main credit card to your
Steam service as though they were to mate.
Then I suddenly splurge on games
deep into my pocket.
Abruptly, decisively,
not even games I want.
And what it feels like?
Maybe empty?
Trembling with ecstasy, I obscenely
head to the Steam Market: I must
feel the joy of spending on your service.
How would you celebrate?
Would you shriek "When it's ready!
Steam Security!" as cinnabar-red tears
stream from my strained wallet?
You can't know the maddening
hunger I've felt in the midst of
my purchases, so many of them
I've lost count.
As though drinking in my cries,
I bring my hopes to fruition:
as you take hold of my wallet, shredding it,
tearing into its seams as if passionate
with bitter love.
Oh, what euphoric heights I would
reach, having my desires nullified
like a greedy, gluttonous cur.
I longed, too, for your sales to strike my
fancy, fantastical enough to bewitch my
funds.
I would surely be battered,
and would cry like a child.
And how is your tender beard?
It brushes against my cheek;
I want it to creep up to my lips so
I can sink my teeth into its hair.
Your grey beard, always bristling in the wind
feeling rough as hay —
I want you to hear my true feelings.
I never lied, no...
but I did have my secrets.
Ah, but what must you think of me?
Do you hate me? Are you afraid?
As though inviting you to the agony
at the sale's end, if you wish, you
could destroy my wallet — I wouldn't care.
As you wish, you may destroy my wallet
— I wouldn't care.

Enslaved hasn't been a flash or daily, Arma 3 once, Naruto 3 once, and Divinity OS once. Wanted them all.

But I'm sure we'l get Borderlands 2 and Left 4 Dead tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom