• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Crafted my last summer badge and got this shit. Can't even sell it >_>

I'll take it if you don't want it and can't sell it... All it contains is a backpack extender, a name or description tag and a random weapon. You should be able to sell it though... weird

Oreoleo

So, I'm trying to make a purchase with PayPal, using a CC# from the M&M contest.

It's $6 on the card but my purchase total is $7 and change, no problem I have money in my Steam wallet from selling cards.

But when I select PayPal as my payment option it goes straight to PayPal and shows the full $7.xx amount, implying that the money from my Steam wallet won't be used??? Am I missing something?

zkylon

zkylewd
My level 5 regular sale badge, level 1 foil sale badge and level 5 regular Scribblenauts Unlimited badge were all paid for with card money, so I'm not fussed. ;)
i bought myself coj gunslinger with it

played it for a bit

thought it was pretty good

got annoyed at it at one point for some reason

never touched it again

i feel that this has happened to me before

Chariot

I know, but I don't have the game installed and don't plan on downloading it with my 2k downstream just to open this lol
Dies "nicht handelbar" mean you just can't bringt it on the marktetplace or can you trade it to other players? If so, give it to me, I open it and give you all that stuff that's in it.

Dascu

Killer is Dead finally on sale. Not too big of a discount, but I was going to buy it this sale no matter what.

Could if be possible to see Ikaruga and Double Dragon Neon on the last dailies or it is safe to buy them now?
They could be in another Flash sale.

Copons

Hahahaha, amazing, but I can see the puppeteer.

5UGA5mg.gif

:D

I just wanted to change the bed sheets AKA my cat favourite game ever until she (always) gets trapped under the mattress cover and starts to freak out and we have to undo the entire bed just to remove her from there. :'(
this of course isn't enough to scare her, and as soon as we start over, she's already rolling around the sheets

Stayed up way too late playing risk of rain... Huntress is overpowered haha. Ended up with a 69 minute game, almost 3 full rows of items and found two new characters (robot and chained beast in the water level).

The flash deals are disappointing, hopefully there will be better stuff when I wake up!

Peff

I have a Quad-Core so I should be fine right? I hope so I already bought it.

Yeah, that should do. There's another huge issue with cutscenes leaking memory because of poor sound programming but that's fixable. The dual core issue doesn't have a fix for now, though.

Revenile

So, I'm trying to make a purchase with PayPal, using a CC# from the M&M contest.

It's $6 on the card but my purchase total is $7 and change, no problem I have money in my Steam wallet from selling cards.

But when I select PayPal as my payment option it goes straight to PayPal and shows the full $7.xx amount, implying that the money from my Steam wallet won't be used??? Am I missing something?

You selecting STeam wallet first? It will then ask for a second payment type to cover the rest.

Predict the encore sale:
FTL
Witcher 2
Skyrim
Xcom
Borderlands 2
Far cry 3
Payday 2
Gone home
Metro last light 
Hitman absolution 

Neogaf's anger & tears

Vuze

Dies "nicht handelbar" mean you just can't bringt it on the marktetplace or can you trade it to other players? If so, give it to me, I open it and give you all that stuff that's in it.

I'll take it if you don't want it and can't sell it... All it contains is a backpack extender, a name or description tag and a random weapon. You should be able to sell it though... weird

Can't trade it at all, just tried to send it to my brother and it doesn't show up. Oh well. Thanks for the offers tho!

Select Steam Wallet as your payment method and then it'll let you select a second method to cover the remainder

Oreoleo

You selecting STeam wallet first? It will then ask for a second payment type to cover the rest.

Select Steam Wallet as your payment method and then it'll let you select a second method to cover the remainder

Ah, thanks a lot guys.

It had my personal CC listed as the first option with Steam wallet #2, I figured it would pull the funds from my Steam wallet automatically no matter what order the payment options were but I guess not. Crisis averted, thanks a lot!

zkylon

zkylewd

just heard about this areal kickstarter thing

like concept art looks amazing and you know, mentioning stalker is a good way of piquing my interest but the video is terribad and why are they asking 50k for a multiplatform console game, wtf...

very confusing

C4rter

No vote?

I only needed one last vote to get my 10th card.

It's always the same. Valve is "stealing" one card because they are missing one vote in the end. And every time I think "It should be fine, on the day before the last day there should be one vote to get the last card" but every time this one vote is missing.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
No Resident Evil sale this summer. Bummer.

Will wait to tomorrow. If Trails Evolution doesn't go on sale, guess I should snag it.

Maybe I'll wait for a weekend deal.

All the RE games were discounted like two days ago (except 5 that it is infected with GFWL and Raccoon city that is crap anyway)

Still sad Crysis maximum lost.

Verdict for my first sale for now:
-Expected much more pricing errors. Only two happened; valiant hearts and can't stop laughing.
-Also, I thought repeats never happen. But there were so many repeats! So many other titles could have had bigger discounts.
-the savings are real and immense. Now it feels really weird seeing people pay +20$ on a single title.
-Steam-Gaf generousity is unbelievable. There are some very selfless people here. Almost feel bad for getting games.
-Saoirse Ronan is everywhere!
-rakhnar, nbnt, subzero, mokoi and others (I am still lying in bed, sorry for not naming) are crazy. CRAZY!
-Dozens of thousands of posts and I don't remember any bans.

It was a nice new experience and I'll frequent future Steam-threads for sure.

gngf123

just heard about this areal kickstarter thing

like concept art looks amazing and you know, mentioning stalker is a good way of piquing my interest but the video is terribad and why are they asking 50k for a multiplatform console game, wtf...

very confusing

Check the Areal thread, there's quite a long backstory to this one.

That 50k isn't the only thing that is confusing or even shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom