• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Seems I'll go all russian on the games I still "need".
Let's hope there are some sellers on TF2outpost for:

Ikaruga
Grim Dawn (didn't even know about this game until 30 minutes ago.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
and maybe:
Teslagrad
Nom Nom Galaxy

Lain

Killer Is Dead is a game I want, but with all the other games I bought and just a 33% discount it'll have to wait for the next sale.

I hope you learn your lesson NBNT

VrOd1vt.png

The love is real nbnt. Hope you enjoy it!

Alex

Organ Trail can in no way stack up to something as fantastic as FTL but it's a lot of fun for two dollars and the only reiteration of Oregon Trail I've actually ever enjoyed.

I saved a lot this time around. Last year I spent...too much!

I also find that the normal daily deals and weekend sales have been more rewarding. And the discounts much better. Maybe I accumulated so much more during that course of time instead of buying in bulk during one huge sale, which is why this Summer sale was disappointing.

But thats the way to go from now on for me after the first Steam sale binge!

What was the Russian price on it? I don't usually mess around with key trading, but I might make an exception for that game if the price is right.
Given the price of TF2 keys, I find that buying games from Russian traders would only save me a dollar at most if I'm lucky.

wagamer

What was the Russian price on it? I don't usually mess around with key trading, but I might make an exception for that game if the price is right.

Saw it for 5 keys during the sale, it's 6 now so not really that expensive. But 5 is when I pull the trigger :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I was painfully broke this sale, so most of my games came from gifts/giveaways/M&M's money, but when the Halloween sale rolls around I'm going to make sure to have enough set back to throw out at least a few gifts for SteamGAF. You guys are amazing. <3

I very nearly bought Vanguard Princess, until I found I had two separate copies of it from Indie Gala Weekly Deals.

I REALLY need to find some site that aggregates all this stuff, ideally on a personal basis.

Vuze

Shovel Knight is the worst. I haven't even raged that much at Dark Souls.

E: Not to say it's a bad game ofc. I love it. But I also hate it.

Martian

How is Chivalry Deadlies warrior? I loved the base game, but my laptop had a hard time handling the game (even on lowest difficulty).
I haven't heard anything about the expansion pack, so I have come to gaf for advice

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So what were everyone's "hidden gems" of the sale? Stuff you didn't plan on getting but bought/got gifted and loved? Mine are probably Kairo and Ittle Dew. I love the atmosphere and puzzles in Kairo and Ittle Dew is the most goddamn charming game I've ever played, and it's a pretty competent Zelda clone, too. And both of those came from giveaways on SteamGAF, so again, thank you for being an amazing community. <3

Vastag

I'm sad that finally we didn't get an Ikaruga sale, a Warlock 2 repeat and that damn Ubisoft will never put Silent Hunter 5 on sale :-(.

Woffls

Woo! Crafted my first badge and got a Lonely Yeti Background, Summer Skull emoticon, 100 point steal, and some uncommon item for D&D....

gloomy

Neo Member
I kinda wish I had picked that up too. I don't think it will come back though, usually the encores are only for previous daily deals. KOF only had a flash and a failed vote.

And how disappointed was I when every community vote went against me.
Seems the flash sales had most of the goodies I wanted. Grabbed Skullgirls which has been great.

Steam thead is usually very relaxed and laidback.
Yeah, I realized that, too. It has a very nice atmosphere with helpful peple.
Weird is, I expected some members to post more here like grief, since he's like pc-spokesperson in other threads. But I saw him rarely.
How is Chivalry Deadlies warrior? I loved the base game, but my laptop had a hard time handling the game (even on lowest difficulty).
I haven't heard anything about the expansion pack, so I have come to gaf for advice
Buy it so we can play once I buy it from the russ.. er, I mean th weather is nice, right?

Ark

So what were everyone's "hidden gems" of the sale? Stuff you didn't plan on getting but bought/got gifted and loved? Mine are probably Kairo and Ittle Dew. I love the atmosphere and puzzles in Kairo and Ittle Dew is the most goddamn charming game I've ever played, and it's a pretty competent Zelda clone, too. And both of those came from giveaways on SteamGAF, so again, thank you for being an amazing community. <3

The Banner Saga for me. I'm absolutely loving this game, played it for five hours straight last night before needing to sleep. The art and animation are gorgeous, the combat is deep and requires real strategic thinking, and the story is nice too.

Oreoleo

I got a popup saying I had guest passes for a game, but the image was broken and I don't see any guest passes in my inventory. None of the games I just bought have multiplayer. Any ideas, or just a bug?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I got a popup saying I had guest passes for a game, but the image was broken and I don't see any guest passes in my inventory. None of the games I just bought have multiplayer. Any ideas, or just a bug?

Bug. Happened to me, and I know it happened to The_Monk too.

Vuze

Funny, I had the same popup yesterday. Also no guest passes or anything in my inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom